Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #6,196 of 24,653

Quote:
Edge of Darkness - 7/10

Another one of those "you hurt my family, you're gonna pay" Mel Gibson revenge movies. This one was done OK. I just didn't get why they didn't kill him off earlier in the movie. I mean he was hiding in his house the whole time. 

Lol, it would have been a better movie if they had, Mel dragged that flick down!

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #6,197 of 24,653

Quote:
hot tub time machine 3.5/5 it was pretty funny, not up to the standard of the hangover though, which is what alot of people were saying when it first came out.

i cant pinpoint the year, but comedy took a serious downturn roughly 10 years back, and virtually nothing has been funny since.. its all high school and college poddy and fart humor..and its poor even at that. hardly anyone or anything is funny anymore.    especially movies...   bah humbug!  
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #6,198 of 24,653
National Lampoon's Animal House changed everything, it was only a matter of time after that.

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #6,199 of 24,653
The Expendables 4/5 you obviously cant go into this movie expecting high art, but if you want the A-Team times like a million, this is your movie

Scott Pilgrim 4.5/5 probably a better movie than the expendables, but its full of nerdy humor, and the same awkward nerdy cahracter michael cera always plays

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #6,200 of 24,653
The Expendables - 4.5/10

Much worse than I expected. Sure, there was a lot of action, but the camera moved around WAY too much so you couldnt really focus on anything. The only good acting came from Rourke, who is always great. Sadly he didn't get enough screen time. The story was incredibly bad. A-Team was much better in that they didn't take it too seriously.

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #6,202 of 24,653
Deal (2008) ...about Poker. Minimal, but good-I was suprised. 7/10

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #6,203 of 24,653
Crank 2... Awful film.. 3/10 stars.. Just outrageous from beggining to end.. No coherency once so ever.. The director must have been on Meth.. Too bad the PQ is Reference quality.. I hated the film so much I sold it for a 1.00 on ebay, cause thats what I think it was worth.. & I'm a very honest person..No catch was involved..1.00..Yes...

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #6,204 of 24,653

That's too bad.. I was looking forward to this film.. I'll buy it on Blu Ray anyway.. I hate movie theatres.. Rourke is one of the greatest actors in the history of Cinema itself.. He gets little credit for being so ecentric in person, has a mouth on him, but is a great actor.

Willis, Stallone, Arnold couldn't save this movie?? Still wonder why Terry Crews is in this film.. Might as well have Michael Jai white.. He is actually a action star, Crews always plays 2nd fiddle. & Wheres Bolo Yueng?
Quote:
The Expendables - 4.5/10

Much worse than I expected. Sure, there was a lot of action, but the camera moved around WAY too much so you couldnt really focus on anything. The only good acting came from Rourke, who is always great. Sadly he didn't get enough screen time. The story was incredibly bad. A-Team was much better in that they didn't take it too seriously.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #6,206 of 24,653
The Green Zone only gets a 6 out of 10. Basically a fictionalized account of why no WMDs were found in Iraq with Matt Damon as the most moral Warrant Officer in the history of American Armed Forces. A slap at the Bush administration, but has some good action sequences...

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #6,207 of 24,653
One of the greatest concepts for a vampire movie ever..But the film was crap.. 5/10 Josh acted like he was on Valium or something.. George was good & quite convincing. The vampire dialouge really turned me off.. Wasn't scared a bit.. Even though the vampires themselves looked scary..

Quote:
30 Days of Night:

6.8/10

It was much better than I expected it to be. Once again, Josh Hartnett was only mediocre. The rest of the acting (the humans, at least) was even worse. What made the movie good was the vampires! I can't remember the last movie I saw that was this suspensful! Granted, it's not the type of suspense that's like "what's going to happen next?" because you know what's going to happen next; somebody's gettin' their neck ripped open. But it was very suspenseful, nonetheless. I'd recommend seeing it if you're a fan of modern vampire movies.

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #6,208 of 24,653
Really? The film is too in coherent.. Chhnged paces too quickly.. & the premise was just dumb.. I love Jason Staham, but couldn't finish the movie.. I had to fast forward to the end..

Quote:
kool bubba ice:

Directors: Neveldine and Taylor. They have built quite a cult following. Interesting guys.

--

Just saw Pilgrim did only around $10 mill domestic. That really surprised me.

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #6,210 of 24,653
Hmmm,favorite Dogs scene. Okay, the ear bit is the obvious choice. For me, I'll be a little different and say the diner scene, especially during the "like a virgin conversation." For my money, no one does dining and conversation scenes better than QT.

--

I watched Bullitt last night. Steve McQeen is the coolest man whom ever lived of course. Plus the movie featured a seminal car chase sequence. 9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back