Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #5,522 of 24,690
Finally saw Memento. Hmm, how to rate it? 8.75/10 seems appropriate. I liked the format quite well, and I enjoyed the acting performances nearly across the board. The exception was the actress who portrayed Mrs. Jankis. Talk about hammy.

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #5,525 of 24,690
^ Me too, I loved that movie. There was just something about it. That scene where the doctor verbally undressed the caretaker, was one of the most gut wrenching, arresting things I've ever watched.

--

The Pacific Part 1 shall receive a 6/10 from me. It was entertaining, but there was a fine layer of cheese that kept interrupting my pallet. I wonder whether this current generation of War reenactment has passed its zenith. Perhaps it was the setting. While the Pacific theater was gripping, its WWII constructs are thread worn by now.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #5,526 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Bruce Willis COP movie, don't remember its name, was 5/10

The one where a foreign criminal blows some stuff up? Yeah it was alright.

Did you see the one where Nick Cage finds a bunch of clues?

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #5,531 of 24,690
Law Abiding Citizen

8/10 ..but one time watch only.

after a really long time...i felt immersed in a movie...instead of feeling left out or ridiculed.

screw the movie reviews ...cant trust any these days...i go with instinct.

Gerard Butler is becoming my fav actor

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #5,532 of 24,690
Up In The Air: 6.5/10

Loses half a star for shaky premise.

I can totally believe that there might be an upscale outplacement service that you can pay to send a professional axe-man to do all your actual firings.

What i don't believe is that customers of such a service would be cool with having someone telecommute for that job.

Getting someone from a professional services organization to fly out and show up at your place of business probably costs between $5k and $10k per day. I know back in 1997 my employer was charging school districts $3k/day for me to troubleshoot voicemail systems on-site.

Imagine if you'd accepted thousands of dollars to have someone show up on site, and then called up your customer and said "Hey, how about we just fire up skype. Would that be cool? It'll save us so much money!"

It harmed the suspension of disbelief, yaknow?

They should have spun it some other way. For example if they had been offering the "termination by intertubes" service for a while and were considering shutting down the premium service. I don't know, just something that doesn't fly in the face of all logic.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #5,533 of 24,690
Green Zone 7.9/10

I enjoyed this movie. The only real issue is that the story is so plausible that I found myself getting angry (All over again) for our county having been lied into an unnecessary war (few are necessary).

I think the Green Zone (And other Iraq war movies) are doing so poorly at the box office partially because people don't want to be reminded about how the entire country was manipulated (lied) into such a disastrous war. The wound is too fresh.

It's a shame, the Green Zone is a better movie than the box office would otherwise indicate.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #5,535 of 24,690
Lo.

What the heck? Not what I expected at all. But I liked it okay. My body was completely void of any drugs or alcohol so there may have been a few things I missed. I'll say 6.5/10. Some parts were silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back