Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #4,606 of 24,663
Pride and Prejudice 9/10

score is so high just because the music is amazing and it fits whats shown on the screen so perfectly! It´s like a new genre instrumental or something where the music dictates the screenplay fully.

Quite good acting and at times absolutely hilarious and such but the music, the settings etc just take you away.

And I suppose for the romantic people they may get their share as well. for others it get more of a comedy
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #4,607 of 24,663
Lilja 4-ever 6.5-7/10

Not the average popcorn movie this that is for sure. I liked it very well and it is quite a sad movie, though it didn`t have the effect on me that I have read it has had on others, but I will watch it again if I come across it.

No country for old men 8/10

First time I watch this, and I have been wanting to do so for a long time, excellent movie in my opinon, and for the record a better one then "There will be blood" in my opinon as I felt it gave me more.
My favorite Coen movie as well (I rate it higher then "Fargo"), very good cinematography in my opinion and a good (and scary) Bardeem, and I also liked Brolin's performance.
A very poignant movie for me, which I will purchase eventually.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #4,608 of 24,663
Lilja 4-ever is pretty horrible. Requiem for a dream is also a good movie to check how thick skin you have. If you doesn´t feel anything watching that you aren´t human
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #4,609 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pride and Prejudice 9/10

If only for Keira Knightley (I'm assuming that was the version). She looked fantastic. Fun film, nice costume dramedy. My favorite would still be Dangerous Liasons for John Malk and Glenn Close in all their cat-iness. Of course, there is always The Lion in Winter, where Hep and O'Toole square off.

--

I caught UP for the second time at the second run. It just didn't hold up. The middle section was slow. 6/10

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #4,610 of 24,663
Quote:

Pride and Prejudice 9/10

I agree wholeheartedly.

This is one of my wife's favorite movies, and she "forces" me to watch it with her quite often. I feign disdain, rolling my eyes, while secretly enjoying it as much as her (don't tell, as I gain points for the exercise
wink.gif
).

The dialog is superb, and stands up to repeated viewings to catch what was missed prior. It is also shot using a variety of interesting & very effective techniques, both indoors and out. And yes, the soundtrack is absolutely gorgeous. As near perfect a movie as any I've seen.

Btw, if you liked "Pride and Prejudice", check out "Mansfield Park" (with Frances O'Connor). Another Jane Austen period piece with superb dialog, acting, directing, and soundtrack.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #4,611 of 24,663
Will check up on it. Another favourite is the Remains of the day
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #4,612 of 24,663
Defiance - 8/10

The Reader - 9.5/10

Two marvelous flicks which reinstill my hope in modern cinema. "The Reader", especially, gets all the "nonverbal" parts right. Expertly acted, authentically (for the most part) staged, well scripted and directed and artfully filmed and produced. Interesting that there should be two such powerful additions to the untold tales of the Holocaust genre now, right when some loonies are claiming it was but a "myth".

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #4,613 of 24,663
Quote:

Will check up on it. Another favourite is the Remains of the day
smily_headphones1.gif

Man, haven't you mentioned that before? Sometimes, my memory can be faulty. I loved that movie. What about Sense and Sensibility. That was another great Victorian drama full of repressed emotions.

Great call on Gosford Park. I enjoyed that movie as well; one of Altman's finest.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #4,614 of 24,663
I have surely
smily_headphones1.gif
. I am pretty much just watching older movies these days. We have a library where you can borrow movies, games, music etc for free it´s quite a gold mine. They have damn good taste about movies too quite impressed by the one responsible for buying them

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #4,615 of 24,663
Marie Antoinette 2/10... I only got half through but this was one of the most if not the most booring and uninteresting movies I ever witnessed! Any sign of a story hardly exist, a princess that plays with dogs and lying in bed hoping to get screwed to get some kids. It´s badly directed with bad music and the rock and roll guaranteed didn´t show its face in the first hour at all
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #4,616 of 24,663
tokyo_gore_police_flyer01.jpg

OMG 8 out of 10

We now finally have a bar on film stranger than Star Wars One!

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #4,617 of 24,663
Sharkwater - 6.5/10

While I have empathy for the sharks getting finned I was expecting more of a documentary about their behavior dispelling the Jaws myths (which is how Sharkwater started out) however it quickly deteriorated into a PETA-esque shock video with a dash of Whale Wars thrown in for good measure.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #4,618 of 24,663
There is some really nice photo though. But then I am weak for the big blue in general
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #4,619 of 24,663
Yeah and it was very nice on Blu-Ray, I guess I was just hoping it would be the bulk of the film.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #4,620 of 24,663
Monsters vs. Aliens: 1/10 ....horrible, regardless of examples of great shading, texturing and lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back