Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 9, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #2,626 of 24,664
I re-watched gran torino and managed to get over the supporting actors' limited experience. Overall I'd have to bump my original rating from 6/10 to 9/10. I really like the plot development and how the ending turned out. It's a quality movie imo.

I also rewatched a V for Vendetta (4th time) and My Sassy Girl (Korean version & I lost count of how many times I've watched it). Both rate a perfect 10/10 to me. I just can't get enough of those two movies.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #2,627 of 24,664
The Wrestler: B+
I walked into this movie expecting to be bored and to just plain hate it because I never liked those wrestling shows to begin with. I was dead wrong! What a great story!

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #2,631 of 24,664
Tropic Thunder - 7.5

I had a few laughs but it sort of went downhill towards the end. The only reason I've watched it till the end was because of Robert Downey Jr.. He's a brilliant actor, IMO.

Burn After Reading - 8.5

Very clever and intelligent black-comedy(as in atmosphere) movie. Not as good as Fargo but the more you think about it the more you go "huh? or What the...?" in an interesting way.

Immortal Beloved - 8.5

Gary Oldman knows how to act. Period. In this movie he portrays Ludwig van Beethoven and he does a masterful job on that. The movie's about finding Beethoven's "immortal beloved" found in his letter whom of which Beethoven had wanted to give all of his assets after his death. Interestingly, the movies doesn't adapt the very well-known scenario, but suggests a whole new possibility of this identity of "immortal beloved". It's a very interesting movie, and the music was fantastic which was directed by Sir Georg Solti. I recommend watching this movie if you're an classical music listener. Actually, I recommend this to all.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #2,632 of 24,664
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: 8/10.

Slightly confusing in some places but it all worked out in the end. I loved the way the story was told. It sorta opened up and outwards like a rosebud. And Jim Carrey is so versatile in the roles he plays!

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #2,633 of 24,664
Yes Man: 8/10

It seemed to have some lowish ratings online. I was coming in the movie expecting somewhat of a mess, but I was pleasantly surprised. The movies was a good experience, fluid, coherent, believable. The movies deserves more credit then online stats indicate. Jim Carry is a little less out of this world in this movie, and for the most part, he does well. The only odd points in the movie come from when Jim (or director) forces some "Jim Carry" humor into the movie (really wasn't needed). Other then a couple forced bits of out of place humor, it was a solid movie and shows Jim in a little more "normal" light and is capable of pulling off funny without being rediculous.

I'm still waiting to see Jim play a character way outside of his norm and stereotypical range.

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #2,634 of 24,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still waiting to see Jim play a character way outside of his norm and stereotypical range.

In Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, he plays the part of someone much less outgoing and much more shy and withdrawn. I think it's very different to other roles he plays. He also looks very different for some reason...

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #2,635 of 24,664
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #2,638 of 24,664
Charlie Bartlett - 8/10
A great film about a teenager that becomes a leader in his high school. He's not strong, he's not the captain of the football team and he's not this prince charming, but he makes ppl follow him because he just listens to the kids.
A great teen-drama-comedy..

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #2,639 of 24,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Spirit - 3/10

Directing was decent and semi-amusing, but I just couldn't stand it. Last time I let my friend use the argument of "but Bond only has front row seating!". I was really not impressed at all.

I was considering going simply for the numerous beautiful actresses that were cast
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #2,640 of 24,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back