Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 4, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #23,911 of 24,668
Rotten Tomatoes is a joke IMO.
I mean I seriously stopped paying attention to that site when Marvel movies nearly always got a 90%+ score.
But a 34% audience score makes me want to watch it even more...
It's pretty obvious by that score it's probably trolls or racists posting those negative reviews.
There's a lot of rotton content on RT for you. Lol. I see quite a bit of negative review thumb nails on Youtube that turns me away from LOTR as well. I need to filter out content as best as I can as I don't like to waste my time. RT is not the only metric. There's so much garbage these days that I don't care for majority of the content.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #23,912 of 24,668
Tried watching tenant again, didn’t get it first time. Just as clueless second viewing. Time has already happened? whats up is down left is right, back is forward, your upside down? What the frack. Oxygen masks at least identify the backward worlds but what………?

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #23,913 of 24,668
Tried watching tenant again, didn’t get it first time. Just as clueless second viewing. Time has already happened? whats up is down left is right, back is forward, your upside down? What the frack. Oxygen masks at least identify the backward worlds but what………?
I did not like that one either.

When it leaves the audience that confused, it indicates a poor job of the movie to tell the story.

I feel like they they were trying to top Inception but it quickly became convoluted and confusing. Well I guess thats what happens when you try to implement the intricacies of the time space continuum in a 2 hour movie.

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #23,914 of 24,668
TENET is a complex film to decipher. I doubt that anybody really gets it first time watching the film, and I'm sure not many people can decipher the movie. I recommend checking out explanations. This one in particular is very good. I luv the Aha feeling toward the ending of the film when you realized what was actually going on. Brilliant concepts that really goes over people's heads. This film tells me that Nolan doesn't give a schiit if his movie is too obtuse for the avg viewer. lol.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #23,915 of 24,668
For those trying to get into HOT D as Martin would call it, I recommend watching this video after (must be after) going through the first couple of episodes. It may fill any gaps or reinforce what you have gathered from the first two episodes. I feel like they did a great job of giving you the tidbits of the story.

Enjoy the poster!
house-of-the-dragon-ka-1920.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #23,916 of 24,668
I need to filter out content as best as I can as I don't like to waste my time. RT is not the only metric. There's so much garbage these days that I don't care for majority of the content.

I nearly always give anything a chance. I'll watch 2 or even 1 episode. If it doesn't suck me in by then I usually stop watching. Very rarely does a series improve much if the first 2 episodes are bad.

The last few TV shows I couldn't get past more than 1 episode were The Terminal List, The Old Man, Moonhaven and Outer Range.
I usually turn off anything that's basically just dumb entertainment, but totally devoid of any real substance.
Prime's The Outlaws and Ted Lasso were like that for me. The Outlaws was just painful.

Once in awhile I'll give a random show a try after thinking i'd dislike it and be really surprised by how good they are.
"The Sinner" and "The Night Sky" were like that for me recently.

BTW finished LOTR episode #2. Loving every minute of this show really! Even if it had no action sequences or any large scale battles i'd be happy with it.
So many different storylines though to follow. I wonder how many episodes this is going to be.
Hopefully 15 or more! I just wish I could tell when episode 3 was available. Guess it's on their website or I can google it.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #23,917 of 24,668
I Came By - 8/10
(new Netflix movie)

I only played this to kill some time real quick and was going to turn it off in 10-15 minutes. Turns out I was glued to the screen until the very end. There's some suspense here for sure, which I haven't seen in many movies lately. The acting IMO is also very above average (especially by the mom, actress Kelly Macdonald).

With a little more work this could have ended up as some sort of masterpiece. No kidding. Instead the screenwriters screwed up and tried too hard to NOT be predictable and we are left with an ending that's not very satisfying at all.

The other problem is that the characters in the movie are just really dumb. They take enormous risks without even bothering to bring any sort of weapon or knife or something. It's pretty obvious you had suspected the person in the movie to have committed horrible crimes.

What ruins the movie for me is that it's main character ends up being murdered off-screen. His poor mom trying to find him ends up getting murdered too (not shown). I HATE HATE movies like this! It's just painful to watch. They leave you with a little hope that one of them is somehow still alive, but nope. One of it's characters could have most likely had saved both of them if he had at least told someone some important details. The movie just left me with this disgusted feeling towards the end. It's not disturbing. It's like why did they have to have the poor mom die?!

BTW I love how there is almost no violence shown on screen. Well a little, but nothing too bloody/graphic.
Think i'll be paying attention to this director in the future though for sure.
The entire movie is extremely well made and it's worth watching.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #23,918 of 24,668
Working through season 3 battlestar gallactica which is actually season 4 since season 2 was divided into 2 and 2.5. There’s a bit of a time skip with fat Apollo and a sizeable chunk of humans on caprica being run by cylons, that have there regeneration ships back, but dying and rebirth is getting painful. So looks like they want to manage humans rather than kill them all…..don’t believe it but fear of death is necessary for compromise.
but I digress, regardless of story lines which there are multiple, I think it’s holding nicely at this point. Don’t see any drag yet…. Finish 3 and start season 4 very soon……

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #23,919 of 24,668
Leave No Trace - 10/10

(currently on Netflix)
One of the best movies i've seen in the past year for sure.
Pay attention to some of the small details in the movie (such as newspapers etc). You may not realize at first what some of it's characters are dealing with exactly.
They don't spell everything out for you. Even after watching the movie I don't know exactly what things were really like for it's main character.
The best thing about this movie though might by the acting from the daughter named Tom (Tomasin McKenzie).
What makes the movie more interesting too is reading about what inspired the story for this movie. It's based on true events.
BTW this movie has very little dialogue. What's cool about it too is they somehow manage to make a really good PG movie!
Also, this movie is directed by the same person who made Winter's Bone. I need to see that one.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #23,920 of 24,668
Dirty Harry - 9/10

I'm surprised I liked this as much as I did.

LOTR: The Two Towers - 8/10

LOTR: The Return of the King - 10/10

One of the best things about this (other than it's epic battle scenes) is the great acting from Elijah Wood and Sean Astin (IMO).
One character I can't stand is Arwen. And what is with her always whispering when she talks. It's is so weird. Can't stand any scenes with her and Elrond.
I imagine this isn't a common opinion, but my other least favorite character is Aragorn.

I know Return of the King has those amazing battle scenes, but I think my favorite is Fellowship of the Ring.
I actually turned off the movie when it was technically over, but still had 30 minutes left. I've seen it before too many times.

Unrelated note. Having a hard time finding anything good to watch lately.
This despite subscribing to Hulu, AMC+, Netflix and Prime. Sad.
I think I might cancel them all and get HBO Max.
Mainly to check out "We Own This City" and "Succession".
Have about zero interest is that new Dragon series.
I'm one of those bizarre people who only loved the last 2-3 seasons of the show (!!).
I find that series depressing as hell (even compared to the Walking Dead!).
It's also funny saying that some of it's scenes of violence are way past my comfort zone, yet TWD is extremely gory during parts.
I wonder if theres actually people out there who love the book but hate the TV show. Is that even possible?

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #23,922 of 24,668
Gray man 2022 net flix. Should have rated higher given fight scenes, effects, and bad assness. But something was flat that stoped getting more than 3 to 3 and a half puffs. Dont want to even dissect why.

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #23,923 of 24,668
Step Brothers (9.5/10)

This movie is a masterpiece.

Look at this academy award level performance by Richard Jenkins in this scene about his childhood dream to become a T-rex, never lose your dinosaur...

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #23,925 of 24,668
Step Brothers (9.5/10)

This movie is a masterpiece.

Look at this academy award level performance by Richard Jenkins in this scene about his childhood dream to become a T-rex, never lose your dinosaur...

I saw this awhile back. I was very eager because I'm a Will Farrell fan (he had some good content back in the days) and concept seemed funny, but it wasn't very funny, at least not much as Anchorman or Talladega Nights. Those were great!

Big fan of Chris Farley as well. RIP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back