Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 24, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #23,371 of 24,634
Yeah, Clarkson is really good at making anything entertaining after watching Clarkson's Farm.

He's really good at making fun documentaries that can be educational as well. Clarkson's Motorworld was a great series! He has a great British humor. It's one of the most entertaining content I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #23,372 of 24,634
Drunk parents, net flix 2019. Ok it’s bad with lots of good actors. A rotten attempt with one redemeaning feature, a couple with money troubles that are not attacking eachother. Maybe a social commentary of what’s really important and the friends with money may not be it, when you lose it. That’s a fact of life tho.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #23,373 of 24,634
Finished 10 th episode of foundation. That’s turning out better than I thought it might. The god like power of empire is portrayed nicely. “See “on Apple TV also turned out really good, Jason mamoa best flick? Servant also pretty good for that what the heck is going on feeling, and the interesting cuts to food preparation on the chemical side with graphic unease. So been hitting series as opposed to movies. Ted lasso also worth the watch.

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #23,374 of 24,634
Finished 10 th episode of foundation. That’s turning out better than I thought it might. The god like power of empire is portrayed nicely. “See “on Apple TV also turned out really good, Jason mamoa best flick? Servant also pretty good for that what the heck is going on feeling, and the interesting cuts to food preparation on the chemical side with graphic unease. So been hitting series as opposed to movies. Ted lasso also worth the watch.
I recommend 'For all Mankind' on Apple TV. Season 2 is da bomb!

I'm starting to be real annoyed with Mamoa after seeing Dune.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #23,375 of 24,634
Friday the 13th …..(1980)

This is the first time that I’ve ever seen a Friday the 13th movie. (I can’t believe I waited this long)

While I can see why many people dislike it……I actually liked it overall.

Yes, it’s really primitive, super low budget and cheesy…..but it also adds to that charm.

It’s also kind of enjoyable to see that vintage 1980 cinematography too.

I agree that the movie is garbage but like I said, it does have its charm. And I give it a mild thumbs up.

EDBE2DD5-319B-4792-B070-BB5E3F47C7DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #23,378 of 24,634
Bruised net flix 2020. Haily berry plays a fighter role that leaves you going no way, that’s not her. This street feeling movie of all to real poverty, racism, domestic violence, shows the path of a 1 bad loss female mma, resurrection and morphing into a a takedown killing machine. But like the grind of reality there’s no happy ending but possibly reconciliation. Good flick to see what you won’t think you’ll see.

Nov 28, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #23,379 of 24,634
Breathless

Excellent film, really dark movie though. The lead actor / director Yang Ik Joon is the detective in the Hellbound series on Netflix.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #23,380 of 24,634
Breathless

Excellent film, really dark movie though. The lead actor / director Yang Ik Joon is the detective in the Hellbound series on Netflix.

Probably one of the best that I've ever seen for acting and the narrative (about human conditions). Acting is incredible in this one. I found it really sad. One of the best performances ever. really shows off how great Korean actors (acting direction) really are.

This is what film should be about. Human conditions. There should be more like it. I want to see the different human conditions I don't experience.

Real films are not some bs pretentious crap by fake Lee Chang-dong. I'd feel like a dumb-ass to even pretend to like Burning. This film has a scene of somebody jerking off to a light coming into a room. What? Just utter crap.

I started on Hellbound, and almost 3 episodes down, nothing really memorable happens. Not like Squid Game which starts you off with great narratives that really hooks you. I find it kinda silly with the 3 creatures that comes and beats the crap out of the victims? That makes no sense! I'm kinda split whether I want to finish it or not.

Started on Hawkeye. Not too sure about this one based on 2 episodes. I like that Hailee Steinfield is in it. Because I like the kinda characters she brings to film/tv. Her character is a good supplement to Jeremy Renner's character (too serious). Hopefully Florence Pugh joins later. That will bring some more laughs.

Same thing with Black Widow. Florence Pughs inclusion helped to light up the main character that's too serious.

Also tried Happiness, another kdrama. I couldn't handle the BTS lookin lead actor. I really don't get why he got casted for a detective. That ruined the show for me. And the acting seemed like the cliche kdrama acting. It's just got too much of the tropes within this series that I got turned off.

I'm hoping this one would be good. I've never seen a Korean series that takes place in space. Two actors (actress) in the film are usually in good content, so chances are good with their presence in this one. The trailer reveals nothing. What is it about?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #23,381 of 24,634
Personally, my fav Bong's movie along with Mother. Didn't like Parasite all that much
Watched ’Mother’ a few years ago and liked it. In my case I didn’t enjoy ‘Parasite’ at all. I thought it was pretentious & Bong’s narrative is anti capitalist. I’m always amazed at these ‘artists’ who condemn the same political system that put millions into their bank accounts.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #23,382 of 24,634
Probably one of the best that I've ever seen for acting and the narrative (about human conditions). Acting is incredible in this one. I found it really sad. One of the best performances ever. really shows off how great Korean actors (acting direction) really are.

This is what film should be about. Human conditions. There should be more like it. I want to see the different human conditions I don't experience.

Real films are not some bs pretentious crap by fake Lee Chang-dong. I'd feel like a dumb-ass to even pretend to like Burning. This film has a scene of somebody jerking off to a light coming into a room. What? Just utter crap.

I started on Hellbound, and almost 3 episodes down, nothing really memorable happens. Not like Squid Game which starts you off with great narratives that really hooks you. I find it kinda silly with the 3 creatures that comes and beats the crap out of the victims? That makes no sense! I'm kinda split whether I want to finish it or not.

Started on Hawkeye. Not too sure about this one based on 2 episodes. I like that Hailee Steinfield is in it. Because I like the kinda characters she brings to film/tv. Her character is a good supplement to Jeremy Renner's character (too serious). Hopefully Florence Pugh joins later. That will bring some more laughs.

Same thing with Black Widow. Florence Pughs inclusion helped to light up the main character that's too serious.

Also tried Happiness, another kdrama. I couldn't handle the BTS lookin lead actor. I really don't get why he got casted for a detective. That ruined the show for me. And the acting seemed like the cliche kdrama acting. It's just got too much of the tropes within this series that I got turned off.

I'm hoping this one would be good. I've never seen a Korean series that takes place in space. Two actors (actress) in the film are usually in good content, so chances are good with their presence in this one. The trailer reveals nothing. What is it about?

Watched Hellbound, did not like it don't know why I watched the entire series.

I hope that Silent Sea movie is good, I love sci fi movies.

I really liked this movie too, from the director of Old Boy. Just a warning its a slow paced burn.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #23,383 of 24,634
The Last Duel - (8.3/10)

I thought this one was pretty good. I was really hoping it wouldn't be a crappy movie, and was glad it turned not to be one.

With the kind of audience we have today, we get the crappy movie Shang-Chi grossing really high, but movies like the 'The Las Duel' bomb the box office? This makes no sense.

I was initially turned off that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck was part of the casting, but They both performed well. The acting was really well done, especially by Jodie Comer, who was superb. Joie Comer with her costumes are very strikingly beautiful. Also, Adam Driver proves again how great of an actor he really is.

You can't expect less from Ridley Scott. He is a highly competent filmmaker in terms of technicalities. The film was shot beautifully like he usually does. The only issue I had was certain editing didn't transition too well, but overall respectable film.

It has Rashomon narrative which makes the film quite interesting. It tackles social issues in those times, and done tastefully.

If one is expecting action movie, it will likely disappoint. Majority of the film is to develop a narrative in Rashomon style with little bit of action. But, when there is action, the action is excellent, and we should expect no less from Ridley Scott. Now I want an medieval action movie from Ridley Scott after seeing this one.

Well worth checking out!

MV5BZGExZTUzYWQtYWJjZi00OTI4LTk4OGYtNTA2YzcwMmNiZTMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #23,384 of 24,634
Edit:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #23,385 of 24,634
Edit:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back