Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #23,356 of 24,653
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #23,357 of 24,653
Black and blue, Netflix 2019. Just killing time and found, yes I hate these bad guy cops, can’t wait to see em fry. Other than that a fine B movie

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #23,359 of 24,653
7E3BEDC6-A79C-4B7E-91D1-6BB50C32C134.jpeg

South Korean movie, 2010.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #23,360 of 24,653

Great bare knuckle fight scene from the 1975 movie, Hard Times. Hard Times is a 1975 crime neo noir sport film. The main character, Chaney, is a drifter freighthopping through Louisiana during the Great Depression, who competes in illegal bare knuckle fighting matches after forming a partnership with a garrulous hustler named Speed. One of my favourite movies which I still enjoy watching now and then.
It stars, Charles Bronson, Charles Coburn, Jill Ireland and Strother Martin.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #23,361 of 24,653

South Korean movie, 2010.
Probably my favorite Korean director. His movies are very well shot, great stories, and acting are amazingly directed. All the essentially are necessary of a great director. He write his own stories, which is common with Korean directors. I wish it was like that here. Korean films should get better credit for how well they are made.

Just look at these shots and the acting, the acting!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #23,362 of 24,653
The Game: with Michael Douglas, It’s an oldie but a goldie and every person needs to watch it atleast once in their lifetime, me ? I’ve just watched it again the other day after roughly 20 or so years, and it’s still as good now as it was then.

Boom Head Shot

DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS !!!

I rate the movie an easy 8 out of 10 on my ratings ladder.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #23,363 of 24,653
Rock n rolla

It’s good, but not on par with a perrywinkle blue pikeyvan. :sweat_smile:

Snatch is the best out of those 3 movies in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #23,364 of 24,653
Not a good week of movie watching.
Probably the worst in a long time.

The Survivors (1983) - 4/10

Starring Walter Matthau and Robin Williams.
Had a few funny parts early on, but then it just goes downhill fast.
Despite being a comedy, most of the movie isn't actually funny at all.
I tried to enjoy it but it's just mostly annoying.
Some of the jokes in it might be considered racist these days for sure.
PS the funniest part is when Robin Williams gets fired from his job by a talking Parrot (!).

The Princess Bride - 5/10

I don't get the appeal of this. I disliked this when I was a kid and still don't like it.
The acting in it is so bad and very wooden from everyone.
I don't find it to be much fun at all to watch and not funny. I guess that's part of my problem!
Strangely enough, Andre the Giant had the only 2 funny lines in the movie.

Big Top Pee Wee - 7.5/10

What can I say. I'll admit it, I enjoyed this one.
Found the comedy pretty ridiculous, but so funny.
I'm surprised how little actually happens in this movie. Not much story at all
By the end you're like, "That's it?".
Some of the stuff in here might be considered offensive to some people these days.
Same goes for a lot of comedies in the 80s.

Independence Day -10/10

One of my #1 favorite Popcorn movies. Yes, it sure is stupid, but I found this to be one of the most entertaining movies there is. It also doesn't take itself too seriously I think. Love all it's characters. It also has a lot of comedy in it. Will Smith has some pretty funny lines in it. For such a huge cast, i'd say the acting is pretty above average.

Please don't get me started about the hacking an alien spaceship thing.
I also wondered how they got Jeff Golblum to speak such ridiculous dialogue about how he was going to do it.

Believe it or not Roland Emmerich is one of my favorite Directors (!).
He's made 2 of my all time favorite movies, but also some of the worst movies there is.
Even "Midway" was pretty good IMO and far better than the original.
His second best movie is "Day After Tomorrow".

Nov 19, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #23,365 of 24,653
Probably my favorite Korean director. His movies are very well shot, great stories, and acting are amazingly directed. All the essentially are necessary of a great director. He write his own stories, which is common with Korean directors. I wish it was like that here. Korean films should get better credit for how well they are made.

Just look at these shots and the acting, the acting!

Funny you mention the fact that it’s common for Korean directors to write their own screenplays. The reason I say that is because I posted a fight scene of the movie “Hard Times” and the American director Walter Hill also writes his own screenplays. The excerpt you posted is from the movie “Wailing” which I was looking at buying soon. Think I’ll go ahead and do that. Thanks & BTW you’re right the stories are great and the acting is excellent. I also have the movie “Chaser” by the same director two main actors from The Yellow Sea which I’ve watched a few times. Roger Ebert gave high praises to Chaser.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #23,367 of 24,653
03412C5A-198B-43B3-9C3C-8DF7491F9856.jpeg
Korean action movie. Much better that the majority of Hollywood action movies. Excellent story & characters with very good performances.
Great one. Heartily agree. I'd also recommend the Raid series to anyone looking for an alternative to hollywood action films.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #23,368 of 24,653
The Taking of Deborah Logan

This is a horror film about a woman with Alzheimer’s disease. It’s shot documentary style. My favorite part was the very final scene at the end because it was mellow but sinister in a very subtle way. So subtle and mellow but thought provoking.

Overall, it’s not a bad film. Mind you, it’s not great but has some interesting moments of creep factors.

It’s currently playing for free on Amazon if you’re a prime member. (At least in the USA)

91EBFB9F-70F1-4E61-832A-91E9AC11BC6C.jpeg

Also, I would avoid watching the trailer. Trailers ruin the impact of horror movies IMO.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #23,370 of 24,653
Clarkson's Farm - 9/10

Jeremy Clarkson from The Grand Tour spends a year starting a farm in this documentary. Pretty entertaining and also very funny at times.
I hope there will be a season 2, but not likely.

The Somme - 8/10

Very well made World War I movie that almost feels like a documentary. There is narration during most of the entire movie.

The Lost Battalion - 9/10

This one was pretty much a hidden gem, at least to me. Surprised how good this WWI movie was.
Any other good WWI movies out there?

Doc Martin (Season 1) - 10/10

Started this TV show all over for the first time in at least 2 years. I've so far seen every season about 3 times.
Years ago I saw an episode on PBS and was hooked! It was just so good.
It's both a comedy and a drama about a rude Doctor that takes a job in a remote fishing village and has no "bedside manner".
He cares about his patients but he's always rude to them! So many very funny lines and scenes.
It doesn't have tons of drama overload, but there are some pretty suspenseful scenes.
The acting by everyone is also above average. I love all it's characters.
I think my favorites are Bert Large and Mrs. Tishell.
A lot of it reminds me a little of "The Andy Griffith Show", but of course way better.
The boxed sets are always pretty cheap, but now it's finally available to stream for free on Pluto!
I use my Fire 4k to watch them all (have short ads).
I actually hope that when the final season is here they will release a blu-ray box set. I need one!
Yes, despite still being free to stream.

https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/series/doc-martin/details/season/1?utm_source=crawlable-site

PS I honestly think there is not any bad seasons. They'd all get a 10/10 from me. Not even joking.
I think in the past few years they only release a new season every 2 years!
I believe the latest will be the last (I sure hope not!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back