Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 19, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #23,401 of 24,653
Cry Macho - 10/10

I haven't enjoyed watching a movie this much in about forever.
Loved it from start to finish and will probably be buying the blu-ray of it.
I knew absolutely nothing about this movie before seeing it, other than it was adapted from a book.
It's a bit different than the usual Clint Eastwood movies and is actually quite funny at times.

On the Road to Berlin - 7.5/10

Pretty good Russian WWII film from 2015. Biggest negative is some of the acting is kind of average.
Not many battle scenes, but the short ones I saw were pretty bad. It's actually more of a drama though.

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #23,402 of 24,653
Wrath of Man - 4/10

Felt like I was watching a slightly less stupid and more boring version of an Expendables movie.
Somehow parts of this reminded me of "Dragged Across Concrete" which is a much better movie.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #23,403 of 24,653
The Last duel 2021. Kinda yes a little no. Liked the realism, the perspective alternative where the mysoginy of women offers the most credible interpretation of 14th century life. A little no for me on cast although Matt Damon not as bad as I’d thought. Entertaining who done it.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #23,404 of 24,653
The Last duel 2021. Kinda yes a little no. Liked the realism, the perspective alternative where the mysoginy of women offers the most credible interpretation of 14th century life. A little no for me on cast although Matt Damon not as bad as I’d thought. Entertaining who done it.

Yeah, initially when I saw the cast of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, I wasn't trilled, but Ridley Scott provided some hope (Although it's been awhile since he made a good one). But, still acting was very good, so I was impressed with the performances in the end.

Wrath of Man - 4/10

Felt like I was watching a slightly less stupid and more boring version of an Expendables movie.
Somehow parts of this reminded me of "Dragged Across Concrete" which is a much better movie.
Still haven't finished this. It was a pain trying to keep watching with nothing notable happening during the movie.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #23,405 of 24,653
Cry Macho - 10/10

I haven't enjoyed watching a movie this much in about forever.
Loved it from start to finish and will probably be buying the blu-ray of it.
I knew absolutely nothing about this movie before seeing it, other than it was adapted from a book.
It's a bit different than the usual Clint Eastwood movies and is actually quite funny at times.
Eastwood turned out to be one of the all time best movie directors. His litany of quality movies he’s directed is quite impressive. What’s also impressive is that he directed this movie at the age of 90. Historically, most big name directors didn’t have much success once they reached their seventies. One of Eastwood’s reason for his success is, he keeps things simple and gives the actors a lot of leeway. I believe he learned to trust actors from Don Siegel. I’m looking forward to seeing this movie. Thanks for posting this.

Dec 21, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #23,406 of 24,653
One of the weirdest movie viewing nights I've had in years.

Jungle Cruise - 3/10

Movies like this are why I don't see Disney movies at the theater. It's actually worse than most Marvel movies (not a fan of them, sorry!).
I can enjoy a good "popcorn flick" but this wasn't any fun for me and had really no funny lines in the movie.
Jesse Plemons is a good actor, but his character was hilariously bad in this movie. One of the worst I've seen in about forever.
I don't blame him though. The entire movie's script is just a bunch of non-sense. Such a generic movie.
Even the CGI seemed worse then even something like the video game "Uncharted 2".

Return to Paradise (1953) - 7.5/10

An older movie starring Gary Cooper. I've only seen one of his movies before (the amazing "High Noon") and now need to see more of them.
I have to admit I kind of liked this one for whatever reason.

Surrender: Hell (1959) - 6/10

I kind of viewed this mainly as like some sort of historical film.
Apparently it's a true story about an American soldier in the Philippines during WWII who refused to surrender.
Instead he fled to the jungles and joined up with guerrilla forces to fight the Japanese who invaded the Philippines.
Believe it or not, I didn't find the film all that racist (typical of war movies back then).
The movie was filmed in the Philippines and seemed to use some actors from the area.
It's based on a book called "Blackburn's Headhunters".

This has one of the most ridiculous film posters i've seen in awhile:

surrender.jpg

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #23,407 of 24,653
One of the weirdest movie viewing nights I've had in years.

Jungle Cruise - 3/10

Movies like this are why I don't see Disney movies at the theater. It's actually worse than most Marvel movies (not a fan of them, sorry!).
I can enjoy a good "popcorn flick" but this wasn't any fun for me and had really no funny lines in the movie.
Jesse Plemons is a good actor, but his character was hilariously bad in this movie. One of the worst I've seen in about forever.
I don't blame him though. The entire movie's script is just a bunch of non-sense. Such a generic movie.
Even the CGI seemed worse then even something like the video game "Uncharted 2".
A popular movie among today's movie goers. I found it hard to get into (really really cliche and boring). I think it's a family movie is the reason why it did so well. Children friendly movies make the big bucks.

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #23,408 of 24,653
C031B5C1-83FC-4C10-9219-31F694543430.jpeg

German film, 1993. The story follows a group of German soldiers, from their Italian R&R in the summer of 1942 to the frozen steppes of Soviet Russia and ending with the battle for Stalingrad. The movie is not about the battle itself but more about the group of German soldiers who began their journey with dreams of glory. Eventually they come to realize that their faith is sealed and their true human nature is exposed as they confront death.

8/10. The movie is quite realistic with very good performances.

Dec 21, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #23,409 of 24,653
German film, 1993. The story follows a group of German soldiers, from their Italian R&R in the summer of 1942 to the frozen steppes of Soviet Russia and ending with the battle for Stalingrad. The movie is not about the battle itself but more about the group of German soldiers who began their journey with dreams of glory. Eventually they come to realize that their faith is sealed and their true human nature is exposed as they confront death.

8/10. The movie is quite realistic with very good performances.

Re: Stalingrad.
This is one of my favorite WWII films. I've seen it twice, but probably not in the last 10 years.
I think my last viewing of it was on a VHS tape! I wonder if a region free Blu-Ray exists of it.

There is also a Russian film with the same name. It didn't seem to get any good reviews, but I still want to see it eventually.

One WWII film I can suggest and is probably the #2 best war film is "Come and See" from Russia.
The best would be "The Human Condition" from Japan. It got a Criterion Collection release and is 9 or 10 hours long.
It's directed by Masaki Kobayashi who also directed Samurai Rebellion, Harakiri, Kwaiden etc.

Dec 22, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #23,410 of 24,653
Interested in this. The trailer looks good. Hope it's good. I'd like to see high budget movies based on lore. I think that's worth pouring money into if doing something high budget. Getting sick of Marvel stuff over and over again.

Surely they can make a movie that looks as greatly designed as this game.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #23,412 of 24,653
Matrix Revolutions Revolutions - (5/10)

This movie was trash.
I couldnt even watch the whole thing it was so bad, 5 is being very generous.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #23,413 of 24,653
I couldnt even watch the whole thing it was so bad, 5 is being very generous.
Yeah, a buddy told me he couldn't finish it either. I thought the special effects and the picture quality was the only good thing about the movie. Plot was really poorly written. The replacement Morpheus and Agent Smith were just bad fits, and acting was terrible. Besides Keanu Reaves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jessica Henwick, and Priyanka Chopra, acting was terrible. Particularly by Yahya Abdul-Mateen II who played Morpheus and Neil Patrick Harris. Now I know the original had good casting.

Action scenes were badly choreographed and just down right silly in some parts. Without Yuen Woo-ping, there is no way to get the action up to par.

They even show clips of the original in the movie, and you can see how well they made the original. I don't know how the original came out the way it did looking at this trash.

I wish they had today's tech to sharpen the special effects and higher image quality, and the original would look even sharper. The only downside to 90's flicks is the film grain causing reduction of sharpness of picture quality

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #23,414 of 24,653
Hawkeye - series 1 - (8.5/10)

I really enjoyed this series once it started picking up in episode 3. Episode 3 was just spectacular. This show had a great screen writing, and acting performances were top notch. I think all the MCU Disney+ series has good acting.

Whoever was in charge of the direction of this series should be put in charge of guiding the movies. Wiki says Jonathan Igla is a writer and producer for this series.

Fun TV series for the holidays and a good one to enjoy with company during the holidays. I really enjoy the MCU Disney+ series more so than their movies. They can focus on single character and go much deeper into the character, which the movies really lack.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #23,415 of 24,653
Yeah, a buddy told me he couldn't finish it either. I thought the special effects and the picture quality was the only good thing about the movie. Plot was really poorly written. The replacement Morpheus and Agent Smith were just bad fits, and acting was terrible. Besides Keanu Reaves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jessica Henwick, and Priyanka Chopra, acting was terrible. Particularly by Yahya Abdul-Mateen II who played Morpheus and Neil Patrick Harris. Now I know the original had good casting.

Action scenes were badly choreographed and just down right silly in some parts. Without Yuen Woo-ping, there is no way to get the action up to par.

They even show clips of the original in the movie, and you can see how well they made the original. I don't know how the original came out the way it did looking at this trash.

I wish they had today's tech to sharpen the special effects and higher image quality, and the original would look even sharper. The only downside to 90's flicks is the film grain causing reduction of sharpness of picture quality
I can't believe they ruined the matrix name with that garbage.

Lawrence Fishburne probably read that script and said, "I'm out, I'd rather be doing MacGruber".

1883 9.5/10

Its raw and gritty in the wild west, Taylor Sheridan is infallable with this genre. I love this time period in American history and it gives you a glimpse of a world with extreme consequences.

I love the Yellowstone series and pretty much all of Taylor Sheridan's work. This one did not disappoint.

.5 deduction because I hate when they glitz up the wardrobe too much, everything is too clean for the wild west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back