Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 15, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #21,721 of 24,643
Luke raping an alien cow for milk is something Lucas would stay away from though. Wonder if it was an attempt to move away from the pc.

I am starting to wonder if not Lucas prequel will be seen as better then Disneys remakes. Though disney kind of seem to understand the original troligy better then Lucas.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #21,722 of 24,643
I have little love for Star Wars in general. well I loved it as a kid, but then again I also adored TV series like Buck Rogers in the 25th century, or Cosmos1999(did you get that one on TV in the US?). if The Young and the Restless had been said to happen in space, I'd have watched it and probably loved it to. those were different times and I was easy to satisfy. space+anything and I was hooked.
now I'd rather re-watch Spaceballs than a Star Wars episode. but while I find the old ones filled with a lot of nonsense, I do feel that they were superior to the new ones. the last stuff was a copy past of scenes from other episodes and put together to make an incoherent story. they changed thing just enough to say it's not the same, but as little as possible so that even the dumbest fan could have his nostalgia rush in place of original work. oh wait, sorry, in the end it's not snow, it's salt. genius! now it's totally different. ^_^
well the white and red compositions were pretty so at least we got that. eye candy.

no I guess I'm definitely not a fan anymore.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #21,723 of 24,643
I can't for the life of me understand why any self respecting adult would be watching modern star wars at this point. It's pure corporate Disney garbage. Calculated and created in lab to sell toys and promote political views. It's not even entertaining to watch as a case study.

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #21,724 of 24,643
I have little love for Star Wars in general. well I loved it as a kid, but then again I also adored TV series like Buck Rogers in the 25th century, or Cosmos1999(did you get that one on TV in the US?). if The Young and the Restless had been said to happen in space, I'd have watched it and probably loved it to. those were different times and I was easy to satisfy. space+anything and I was hooked.
now I'd rather re-watch Spaceballs than a Star Wars episode. but while I find the old ones filled with a lot of nonsense, I do feel that they were superior to the new ones. the last stuff was a copy past of scenes from other episodes and put together to make an incoherent story. they changed thing just enough to say it's not the same, but as little as possible so that even the dumbest fan could have his nostalgia rush in place of original work. oh wait, sorry, in the end it's not snow, it's salt. genius! now it's totally different. ^_^
well the white and red compositions were pretty so at least we got that. eye candy.

no I guess I'm definitely not a fan anymore.

Yes it was Spaced 1999 over here. We also got UFO which was in fact the Anderson's attempt to bridge to the North American audience. Showing their age now on rewatching but there were nontheless some brilliant episodes in each series.

As for Star Wars. I put the failure of the new stuff down to too long a wait to make them resulting in pandering to a new generation of audience that is hooked on Marvel tripe.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #21,725 of 24,643
Logan Lucky 8/10

Very much enjoyed this movie. If anybody recall Ocean's 11, the movie was directed by the same director, Steven Soderbergh.

It's pretty much another version of Ocean's 11, in a different shell, with Southern characters, which I thought was an interesting take, and there were good and unqiue humor that came from that and generally from a different scene that the story takes place.

Steven Soderbergh has done a good job of expressing the characters through the film medium, and lots of interesting dialog with a southern flavor.

The film isn't totally original as it's using the same formula as Ocean's 11, but I quiet enjoyed it for the entertainment value. Several well recognized actors/actresses that put on a good show. It's interesting to see the performance of these actors perform in a southern flavor. Daniel Craig really shines in this one and I thought his James Bond was too 2-dimensional, not here. It was a lot of fun watching this one as I am a fan of the original Ocean's 11.

logan_lucky_bd_2d.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #21,726 of 24,643
I really enjoyed The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but I have to say The Last Jedi was just painful to sit through.

I hope TLJ is just a fluke and not a sign of things to come, as it was even worse than most of the Marvel stuff they churn out as fast as they can.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #21,727 of 24,643
Mad Max Fury Road... 10/10

1200x630bb-1.jpg

The best action film I've ever seen.

* Vibrant cinematography with unique costume design.

* Great character development.

One of the best movies to get on blu ray.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #21,730 of 24,643
Forgotten (2017) 6.5/10

A Korean Psycho Drama film and first directorial effort from director/writerM Fahad Khan. Well executed and acted by really lets itself down in spots by using some already seen plot points. For some reason it is billed in places as Scifi and it most definitely is not in that genre at all. The excuse could be made that up until the reveals start it could be taken for such but in the end it is pure psycho drama through and through. Young man moves into a new house with his brother mother and father and strange noises and events begin to happen. Pretty standard stuff and the exposition continues along at a fair pace but somehow still does not really engage the viewer. I would partially attribute this to an overly dramatic score which in places is quite distracting and almost a red herring in itself.

Decent enough view for a rainy day if the genre appeals to you.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #21,731 of 24,643
I honestly haven't seen it. I'm definitely going to check it out. It will be interesting to see how this early film by George Miller compares to Mad Max.

I prefer it a bit more to the new one. It's more gritty, less polished. New one is good, but the Mad Max 2 is a classic.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #21,732 of 24,643
I really enjoyed The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but I have to say The Last Jedi was just painful to sit through.

I hope TLJ is just a fluke and not a sign of things to come, as it was even worse than most of the Marvel stuff they churn out as fast as they can.
TLJ degraded the new trilogy as awhole, they ****ed it up. TFA just got degraded as the trilogy are linked in character development and story. Story is pretty much non-existant at this point. As a fan of the original trilogy, this deeply upsets and saddens me. What they did was just so silly. It's how stupid greedy bastards can get due to their motivations for creations.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #21,733 of 24,643
Rogue One was worse than The Last Jedi. Neither are good, both are bad, but Rogue One was worse.

Disclaimer: I didn't pay to see these films. Was dragged by children.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #21,734 of 24,643
Rogue One was worse than The Last Jedi. Neither are good, both are bad, but Rogue One was worse.

Disclaimer: I didn't pay to see these films. Was dragged by children.
Did children pay your ticket?

I can´t lie I payed to see all three on the cinema somehow. I will not pay to see them on cinema from here on. That said they where certainly not horrible to watch but Disneyis making to much money out of me and it´s obvious they didn´t pay because they had a superb great idea where to take it. I guess to make 15 sequels it´s good to have as little story progression as possible.

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #21,735 of 24,643
840B8DDC-7796-432B-850C-4755DD338F72.jpeg
Ray Milland graces this noir with all the right stuff, making a WW2 English spy thriller somewhat timeless and watchable for the age. Criterion gets us a 1080p print which glows both B/W and maybe a little gold. Excellent entertainment!

9-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back