Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #15,916 of 24,663
Saving Mr. Banks (2013) - 8/10  A heart warming and wrenching tale.  Great acting and cast.  Witty and funny.  Good, clean, fun. Another portrayed proof that eccentrics and geniuses are made from tragic backgrounds.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #15,917 of 24,663
Transcendance was a good movie worth watching.

Noah was utter hollywood trash.

The second Thor movie was OK, as was the first.

Robocop wasn't as bad as they say it was.

Gravity was hollywood trash

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #15,918 of 24,663

Gravity was hollywood trash

I could not agree more... It was one of those movie I regretted to have watched, I want 2 hours of my life back.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #15,919 of 24,663
Yeah...but I gotta admit...never a fan of Sandra Bullock, but that short hairstyle she sported in that movie....she was beginning to turn me on, I have never seen Sandra so hot before, with that short hair, she seemed so far removed from her usual girl next door look.  That was my redemptiom for the movie....two hours of a crap movie....but two hours of a great perv....like that other movie, that one with that hot blue alien babe, remeber going through that movie a second time....looking for a blue nipple....but no blue nipples to be found anywhere.

frown.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #15,920 of 24,663
  Noah. 2/10. Terrible acting. Also way too religious for me, though I guess I pretty much knew that coming in.

Yeah, that would be like saying Nixon was too political :wink:

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #15,921 of 24,663
I actually find Noah to be very entertaining. You don't have to believe in an idea of a movie to enjoy it, or else there would be very little amount of people that can enjoy movies like Clash/Wrath of the Titans.

Noah - 6.5/10 from me. Entertaining, but a bit boring IMO.

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #15,923 of 24,663
47 Ronin (2013) - 5/10.  In Ted's voice from 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' - "Whoah!"
I think I saw some twisted remake of 'The Last Samurai' with Buddhist monks from Outer Space.  Seriously, watch this flick if you're really, really bored.  My favorite character and dialogue was from the Japanese Emperor.  It may be your favorite as well.

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #15,924 of 24,663
How to train Your Dragon 2: 9.23/10
It's better in comedy, emotion and animation. But the ending and villain is so unsatisfying, it makes me disappointed.

The Lego Movie: 8.71/10
Creative and fun, story is good. What will go wrong?

Captain America, The Winter Soldier: 9.33/10
More than just guy with a shield beating up ****, The winter Soldier gives us a debate between personal freedom and mass security. Nice!

Her: score is unavailable 
Slept midway due to jetlag :frowning2:

The Green Lantern: 1.0/10
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #15,925 of 24,663
  Noah. 2/10. Terrible acting. Also way too religious for me, though I guess I pretty much knew that coming in.

The movie doesn't even follow the f'ing Bible properly. Seriously, for a movie that's supposed to tell one of the most recognizable Bible stories from the Old Testament, they had to add rock Transformers. At least the directors found a way to make an excuse for how "Noah and his family" built the Ark.

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #15,926 of 24,663
If you go into this one prepared to not over-scrutinze it, it's actually a really fun ride. I had a lot of fun with it. 

"Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" - 7.0/10

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #15,927 of 24,663
Life Itself (2014): 10/10

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not positive that this movie will work for people who aren't fans of Roger Ebert. Ebert may have been an interesting and entertaining public figure, and the ups and downs of his personal life are legendary, but this isn't a film like Jodorowsky's Dune, for example. It's not as magnetic or as zany or... impossible. Ebert was a decent guy (far from a saint) whose unpretentious writing style and passion for the art of film made him an important figure in many film fan's lives. I know that he was in mine. I never met him, but he was one of my greatest teachers: through him my love of not only film, but culture in general, blossomed. Ebert taught me about film, and about how to seek out the stuff that wasn't readily accessible to me. I applied what I learned from him to other aspects of my life (literature, music), and through him I discovered other critics, who led me down other paths of discovery. I liked how he stood up for the little guys, and wasn't afraid to hold unpopular opinions. As a mid-western kid stuck in a mid-western town with (largely) politically and culturally conservative family and friends, Ebert, and others like him, showed me how to explore and appreciate avenues I would have never explored otherwise. Of course I very quickly got to a point where I didn't need him anymore--the internet was blooming and through it I could get my hands on anything I'd ever dreamed of getting my hands on. But I always returned to him, because he always had more to teach. Especially after he lost his voice and his own writing continued to get better and better--there are blog posts and reviews of his that I return to in the same way that one returns to a favorite poem. 

Life Itself is half nostalgic trip through Ebert's golden days as a hugely popular and adored film critic (most of which is dominated by endearing clips of Siskel and Ebert), and half catalog of his struggles throughout life and of his final days. It does, at times, threaten to devolve into an uninspired talking heads documentary, but when you've got talking heads like Martin Scorsese and Werner Herzog, it's difficult to find fault with this approach. All told, I found it a fitting tribute to the man. We are poorer without him, but how lucky we were to have him. And his life's work remains only a click away.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #15,929 of 24,663
Snowpiercer 8/10

Great fun and love the Bioshock scenes :). The entire movie seem to be inspired by Bioshock. Also was there a Harley Quinn cosplayer we saw or was it from vampire mascerade bloodlines?

As for the ending spoiler 

I recon the ice bear ait the two survivors in the end.  Only realistic outcome of that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back