Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 12, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #15,886 of 24,663
Now your play with words is just getting to much kkl10 :p.

How about a review for dummies :)

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #15,887 of 24,663
2 Guns:

Great movie. 8/10

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn:

Such a sad movie
biggrin.gif
I don't like sad movies. I'm sure most people here will like it though. I give it a 6/10 only because Mila Kunis is in it

Watched both, loved both. I'd give both an 8.

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #15,888 of 24,663
I planned to watch this a while ago, but with the passing of Gandolfini it just never felt palatable. Im a really big fan of his, all the way from the first film I saw him in - True Romance - up through the Sopranos and beyond. Was a really sad day when we lost him, and way too early. 
Anyway, Julia Louis-Dreyfus' dramatic acting is exposed significantly in this movie, but overall I really enjoyed it. It was kind of funny, actually, because there were several very odd coincidences between myself and Gandofini's character (e.g. our aversion to feet and the fact that we're both missing a tooth in back lol). Anyway, bittersweet for sure, but overall I enjoyed watching this ensemble carry out the story. 

"Enough Said" 8.0/10

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #15,889 of 24,663
Ewan McGregor is one of the actors I'll usually watch no matter what, not so much because of him, though, but because he tends to choose really interesting projects. This is one of those films that wasn't GREAT, but the subject material really appealed to me. I have always tend to approach movie characters vicariously, which is fueled by a very developed sense of empathy that I've been in touch with my entire life. So for someone like me, this movie was like mental crack. I constantly reevaluated how I would be handling things and reacting, and I ended up being engaged to a very high degree for the entire running time. If you can make any sense of what I just said, or can relate even a little, then this may be a movie you connect with, as well. 

"Perfect Sense" 7.9/10

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #15,890 of 24,663
What a great surprise this one was! Some of the best comedic writing I've come across in a long while. I love subtle, smart humor that has no need to make a spectacle of itself, and this film is LOADED with it. Highly recommended. 

"Alan Partridge" 8.9/10

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #15,891 of 24,663
  Now your play with words is just getting to much kkl10 :p.

How about a review for dummies :)

Lol, sorry.
I understand it might read awkward or snobbish. I'm quite selfish, I write mostly for myself and this is just how I like to write. Probably influenced by some of the stuff I read as well. I also tend to assume, wrongly, that whoever reads my reviews, has already seen the movies. English is not my first language either, so it's quite possible that some of this is terribly bad written and I'm not aware of it, although I try my best... if this is the case, I would appreciate you guys to point it out. But this is one of those movies that really compels me to write and analyze it like that, it's great cinema! I should probably start a blog...

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #15,892 of 24,663

Lol, sorry.
I understand it might read awkward or snobbish. I'm quite selfish, I write mostly for myself and this is just how I like to write. Probably influenced by some of the stuff I read as well. I also tend to assume, wrongly, that whoever reads my reviews, has already seen the movies. English is not my first language either, so it's quite possible that some of this is terribly bad written and I'm not aware of it, although I try my best... if this is the case, I would appreciate you guys to point it out. But this is one of those movies that really compels me to write and analyze it like that, it's great cinema! I should probably start a blog...

Wait what... English not your primary language you sure fooled me :)

I am not serious continue it´s just my english that is not up to the task lol

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #15,894 of 24,663

My new favorite movie... captures everything that was brilliant about the 90s TV wise, 10/10 watch it now, then watch it a second time, then watch it with a dude

also watch it for these guyz

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #15,895 of 24,663

My new favorite movie... captures everything that was brilliant about the 90s TV wise, 10/10 watch it now, then watch it a second time, then watch it with a dude

also watch it for these guyz

What movie?? lol

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #15,896 of 24,663
I knew this film was getting good reviews, but it was even better than I expected. Loved it. 

"The Lunchbox" - 9.4/10

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #15,897 of 24,663
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014): 8/10

It lacks the novelty and even much of the humor of the first, but it does not lack the charm, even as it moves into more violent, tragic territory. (But not too violent or tragic, this is a kid's movie, still.) Exhilarating, not just for its content (though alas, it must rely on some pretty sketchy character development), but for the fact that it's a rare animated sequel that doesn't feel like a cash grab.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #15,898 of 24,663
Is it as tragic and violent as Legend of the Guardian: The Owl of Ga´hoole? a very very underrated animated movie I feel.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #15,900 of 24,663
The Lego Movie : 8/10

Surprisingly good. Amazing how accurate this movie portrays our society today, but also in a funny way. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back