Ratatouille - anybody else seen it yet?
Jul 4, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 57
Nope!
frown.gif

For some unknown reason (family movie = translation maybe?) it don't launch on Norwegian cinemas until September 28th.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 57
Hrmmm I dunno if I would call it the best Pixar movie, but that's only because I am not a Pixar fan normally. In fact the only two movies I've seen by them is this and Monsters Inc. and I guess part of Bug's Life but I stopped watching it out of boredom. Maybeee I've seen one other but obviously it wasn't memorable for me.

I liked Monsters Inc. a lot and this movie was quite good as well. I think I still prefer Monsters Inc. more because it had a wider/more 3D "soundstage".. er I mean... while Ratatouille felt kind of less panoramic... yeah whatever that means. It's a good movie though should see it.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 57
Yup, saw it on Saturday with the family. It's the best animation I've seen from Pixar. Remy just looked so adorable, I especially loved the fact that they didn't make it a "talking animal" movie so that the rats could only communicate with the humans using body language.

Story wise I liked Finding Nemo better, there were just too many plot holes in Ratatouille that distracted me from the movie.

Bottom line, great animation, great music, and over all probably the best family film this year. Go see it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 57
Yea I saw it last night. It was a pretty funny movie and I enjoyed it a lot more than some of the other CG animated films (not just Pixar). I wouldn't say it's the best Pixar film because I thought The Incredibles takes that slot. How they simply progress the plot in Incredibles is a work of art, imo. For kids films, however, I don't think it gets any better than Pixar. Ratatouille would probably be tied for second place with Monsters Inc. at least in my opinion.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 57
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent portrayals of emotion, wonderful detail in depicting motion e.g. water and fur, great comedic sense, and a poignant theme. A bit long: it lagged a bit two thirds of the way in but picked up at the end with an amazing kitchen scene. I can't comment on the soundtrack since I forgot to pay attention. Check out the credits and note the number of personnel involved in its creation, a small town. Two paws up!

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #9 of 57
I'm gonna see it in a couple hours with my gf and family!

So stoked to see it; all I hear about this movie is absolute praise.
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a good relief that this was good, considering the last flop Over the Hedge. Man that movie was stupid.

Over The Hedge was not a Pixar film. Not sure if you were implying that or not.

At any rate, I saw Ratatouille and loved it to death, just as I have every single Pixar production to date. It really is hard to pick a favorite Pixar movie, since they are all amazing.

The Pixar movies are the only movies I can go into 100% confident knowing that I will enjoy it, and get my monies worth. Especially when compared to just about all of the drivel that Hollywood is cranking out these days.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 57
I actually thought Over The Hedge was decent.

Anyway I'll be seeing this movie soon hopefully. It looks good.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 57
I cannot wait to see it. Huge Pixar fan here. Loved Cars and The Incredibles. The new Pixar flick looks good as well.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 57
Over the Hedge is not Pixar. The non Pixar 3D movies that I like are Shrek and Ice Age. Will probably be seeing Ratatouille this weekend. Pixar's last movie was Cars...which had its moments, but was not as good as some of the others (Bug's Life is still my favorite, followed by Monsters Inc, followed by the Incredibles). Since reviewers say that this is the best Pixar movie, I'm hoping it will be at least as good as Incredibles
biggrin.gif

As an animator, I always want to see what new technique they get into with each of their movies (as they always seem to include one thing that would dazzle someone in the business).

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #14 of 57
That's right I saw the incredibles. Was alright. I liked Over the Hedge as well, but yeah its not Pixar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back