RARE SENNHEISER HD 1000 CHARLESTON PROTOTYPE HEADPHONES
May 27, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears
I've had them a few years ago. A Koss KSC75 is a milestone better sounding!

Hah! Damn, I was thinking to myself... HD580 and that cool looking? Impossible!

Someone has GOT to buy these though. I will punch everyone who does not in the face. Including myself.

May 27, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #19 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad
But, I do like the buckles on the leather strap, like some German S&M set of phones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL!

May 27, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #20 of 61
The two Head-Fi'ers that had (or maybe still have) the HD1000's are Demolition and greenhorn (although I think he sold his). Anyone interesting in bidding on this auction ought to PM them for their opinions on sound quality. They both still post here.

Also, if you do a search on "Charleston" you'll find several old threads about them. In one such thread, lini kindly translated some German responses from Sennheiser. They did use the same drivers as the HD435 but for some reason I remember them as an HD580 special edition. Not sure what the conneciton was there. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that the HD580 were their top of the line dynamic cans at the time (i.e., pre HD600 and HD650)

May 27, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
The two Head-Fi'ers that had (or maybe still have) the HD1000's are Demolition and greenhorn (although I think he sold his).

Indeed, I had these cans but I sold them long ago.

I liked them, but mainly for the looks. They came also with a stand made of the same golden coloured wire as the frames. Nice. But in no way an audiophile product comparable with the HD580 or HD600. It's mainly a collector's item.

They have ben sold in commerce (I don't know how many units have been produced) and their price was the equivalent of 250 EUR.

May 27, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #22 of 61
The HD580 special edition would have to be the HD580 Jubilee, this also came out at that time.

May 27, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #25 of 61
What's strange about the ad are these two quotes:

They were never used, nor abused. But then he says: Oh, and did I mention that THEY SOUND ABSOLUTLY AMAZING? How would he know if they were never used?

May 27, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #26 of 61
The seller must have had another pair, or auditioned them somewhere, as he says they've "never been used" but then says "Did I mention that THEY SOUND ABSOLUTELY AMAZING?!?" Odd.

But damn, those look awesome.

Edit: iamdone beat me too it...><

May 27, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #27 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
.... and destroy its entire worth as an item.

Just keep the old drivers and put them back in should you want to sell them.

May 28, 2006 at 11:47 AM Post #30 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Essentially, they are the HD580's but for the cosmetic differences.

definitely no.
sgrossklass's comment is correct.

The pictures of HD1000 on wooden stand are mine. Some of you must remember them on Head-Fi thread about headphone stand. The seller stolen the photos from my list of Auction in Japan. I'm afraid it could be a SC*M......

I owned HD1000s several times. It's not too rare in Germany. Always I had sold them. Regarding the sound quality, I never care them. They are "Sennheiser" sound. I have HD580 and HD600, so I don't need HD1000s. As a collector, I may keep it once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back