Raptor, CTH, EF-1 Owners, I give you the Hungarian Tunsram ECC82,,!!!
May 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #46 of 77
I know, but I've spent so much on tubes that I really try to wait for deals; that way, I won't feel bad if I don't like them. I spent $80 on a pair of Mullards that I hardly use. Just doesn't work as well for my system as the 7316 or 5963. The worst was when I purchased a Amperex long plate for $75, I think I REALLY overpaid for that. They said it was "Reference" on Tubeworld, you know...

May 30, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #47 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, but I've spent so much on tubes that I really try to wait for deals; that way, I won't feel bad if I don't like them. I spent $80 on a pair of Mullards that I hardly use. Just doesn't work as well for my system as the 7316 or 5963. The worst was when I purchased a Amperex long plate for $75, I think I REALLY overpaid for that. They said it was "Reference" on Tubeworld, you know...

Take the ones you dont want and put them for sale here. Worked for me. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f44/tu...8/#post5614946 I started out with 8 or 10 tubes, now im down to 2.
smile.gif

May 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #48 of 77
I know, I know. Been meaning to do it. But, I think I'll finally get them to work, once I get a new DAC. I mean, if everyone say it's good, I must be the one with the problem, right? In any case, I should find out soon.

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #49 of 77
Just have got them, same as pictured above, will let you know later how they sound in my set up. I would be trying them from out of my CD player and on my amp as well, fun...

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just have got them, same as pictured above, will let you know later how they sound in my set up. I would be trying them from out of my CD player and on my amp as well, fun...

I just got a pair from Checzlovakia today to replace the bum one I have. Man these are sweet. It always seems like you can have lots of thump or lots of detail and speed but I never had a tube do both. These seem to give you the perfect balance of both. I did go back to the Siemens in the interim and its hard to say, I love them both. If you have a headphone or amp that is just a bit more neutral than the 650 then the Tungsram is the way to go. I noticed in the CTH threads that the CTH seems to run a tad brighter than my Raptor on the same tubes. Thats the impression I got anyway.

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #53 of 77
I'm gonna buy this tube on ebay along with ef-1 once my paypal processing is done. Thanks for the info olblueyez!! I will def compare the stock ef-1 tube and this after a while

Hope it will tame some of the denon bass

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #54 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna buy this tube on ebay along with ef-1 once my paypal processing is done. Thanks for the info olblueyez!! I will def compare the stock ef-1 tube and this after a while

Hope it will tame some of the denon bass

For taming bass I would recommend an Amperex 7316 and second choice for bass taming would be a Siemens E82CC/5814A, they both have less bass weight than the Tungsram. I think the Siemens would be the more musical of the two.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #55 of 77
Wow those two tubes cost significantly more...
frown.gif

none the less I guess I will still give tungsram a shot

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #56 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow those two tubes cost significantly more...
frown.gif

none the less I guess I will still give tungsram a shot

E82CC SIEMENS - eBay (item 5876663320 end time Jun-18-09 13:13:41 PDT)

Canadian Hi-Fi - Siemens : E82CC - NEW

Siemens E82CC/12AU7

Siemens + Halske ECC82 12AU7 Long Plate 17mm W Germany - eBay (item 110388955459 end time Jun-10-09 15:01:34 PDT) <~~Two tubes for 40 bucks, split it with someone.

Why buy a tube that you know will add bass when you want to tame the bass. The Tungsram is warm.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #58 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I can say, at least for now, that I am certainly agree with mr.Sinatra up here
icon10.gif

Im glad you like them, it was a nice suprise for me, I never expected them to sound that good. Hungaria???
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #59 of 77
They are dead quiet and balanced with very good bass.
My are new and need some little time for settle, but even from the first notes its clear that you have some very good tubes here, more to come...

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #60 of 77
Well, this company have great history behind, some from their website
wink.gif
About TUNGSRAM

TUNGSRAM was founded in 1896. The TUNGSRAM trade mark was registered in 1909. The word "TUNGSRAM" is originated from the English and German names of tungsten (TUNGSten + wolfRAM). With this name the Company wanted to emphasize that it was the owner of the tungsten lamp patent granted first in the world and the fact that it engaged itself with the lighting business

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im glad you like them, it was a nice suprise for me, I never expected them to sound that good. Hungaria???
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back