Raptor, CTH, EF-1 Owners, I give you the Hungarian Tunsram ECC82,,!!!
May 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the good price for a pair of Tungsram?

From your impressions I am thinking of Tung Sols 12AU7 Black glass, black, long plates, D-getter, however they arent smooth or creamy, they are rich sounding with great bass, silky top end and very balanced overall.

Ever tried them?

I never had tried the black glass Tungsols. I know its stupid but the Tungsol 5687's were a disapointment for me and I guess that caused my eyes to wander else where.

May 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #32 of 77
I *love* the BG Tung -sol 12AU7 - it's my favorite, and I have dozens of varieties - Telefunken ribbed and smooth, RCA clear-top, Sylvania grey and black plate, Raytheon windmill getter 5814A, GE 6680, Mullard CV4003, Brimar CV4003, etc, etc.

But I am psyched to try a Tungsram. Have to try to win one on EBay...

May 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #33 of 77
I think you will enjoy it Dr. Skylab. It seems to be able to present detail and warmth at the same time. Closest I have heard is the long plate mullard but the mullard didnt seem to integrate the lows, mids, and highs as well, it wasnt musical like this tube. The mullard is on the slow side as well.

May 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the good price for a pair of Tungsram?

From your impressions I am thinking of Tung Sols 12AU7 Black glass, black, long plates, D-getter, however they arent smooth or creamy, they are rich sounding with great bass, silky top end and very balanced overall.

Ever tried them?

Sorry Blackmore, pairs seem to go for 40 bucks when the 2 tubes are matched well.

May 29, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #36 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevtt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like there were not 3 left when I ordered. Just got my money refunded, said they were out of stock.

I had to resort to ebay, picked up a pair for 40 bucks.

May 29, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #37 of 77
Totally understand that, no probs at all, cos Tung sols arent warm/creamy at all, but their rich, life like sound sig, makes things more enjoyable, but as you said, not in every set up is the same and I agree on that one...

Well, I may try the Tungsram as well, very interesting that you point it out and compared to long plates Mullard, which I was planning to get shortly...I am quite known with many differ kind of Mullards except very expensieve premium called M10 or something, cos their price tag is insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never had tried the black glass Tungsols. I know its stupid but the Tungsol 5687's were a disapointment for me and I guess that caused my eyes to wander else where.

May 29, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #38 of 77
I thought I was done tube rolling, got spares of each tube blah blah blah, then I read something that said the Tungsram was detailed (Warmer gain tubes don't work so well with my copper cables and 650's) so I tried find one on ebay and didn't wanna drop another 40 or 50 bucks. Then I found the place in Russia and they had them for 20 bucks shipped, I had to do it. Discovering new tubes is so much fun, especially when you find a super nice one like this. So after all that I went to ebay and got a pair for 46 shipped anyway.
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #40 of 77
I scored a pair of the Tungsram's for $31. Will be fun to try!

May 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #42 of 77
Ha, I was watching this Bulgarian seller thread, but found just today, locally, pair of Trams, so, we will be up here around the same time to share, cos I will get them next week Tuesday
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I scored a pair of the Tungsram's for $31. Will be fun to try!

May 30, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #44 of 77
LOL! Sorry man. I was sure I would be outbid at the last minute. But I hate bidding against other head-fiers. Glad it's over
wink.gif

May 30, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #45 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, those were mine! Oh man...

I would have put in another bid, but I had to work. There is another pair being auctioned, but it's another 8 days.

There should be a ton of Buy It Now auctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back