RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Jun 28, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #196 of 821
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #197 of 821
How did you find their long term comfort?
I wear them 6+ hours everyday and no problem with comfort since the body doesn't have any weird curve that IEM company like to do to mimic custom IEM. If you have a small ear canal than maybe it can be quite uncomfortable after awhile because it is quite big, but not too big.

Jun 29, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #198 of 821
Jun 29, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #199 of 821
Not 100% great, but not terrible...the fit could be a bit better TBH.
I was thinking about your question today actually walking around the city...It does not have the deepest insertion, so the shell sticks out a little from the inner surface of your ear and is a little wobbly, at least for me. But the seal of the silicone tips was never broken.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #200 of 821
The first impression was that the earphones are imbalance and incoherent, I connected another cable with a different pinout and everything played correctly, I found that the right earphone is connected incorrectly. Maybe someone had problems with imbalance because of this problem.

Raptgo Hook-X Imbalanced 1.jpg

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #201 of 821
The first impression was that the earphones are imbalance and incoherent, I connected another cable with a different pinout and everything played correctly, I found that the right earphone is connected incorrectly. Maybe someone had problems with imbalance because of this problem.

Raptgo Hook-X Imbalanced 1.jpg
So the cable is wired incorrectly?

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #202 of 821
If you try another cable and it is correct you known the original cable is wired out of phase.

Jun 30, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #203 of 821
The manufacturer has formed earrings on the cable and they do not reshape. I wonder if all phases of the Raptgo cables are the same? Maybe the phases of the Hook-X are inserted randomly, because it is a Planar and EST and there should be no difference, but there is a difference, or the phase was set incorrectly.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #204 of 821
The manufacturer has formed earrings on the cable and they do not reshape. I wonder if all phases of the Raptgo cable are the same? Maybe the phases of the Hook-X are inserted randomly, because it is a Planar and EST and there should be no difference, but there is a difference, or the phase was set incorrectly.
Honestly the stock cable is horrible, get an after market cable, it will sound so much better.

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #205 of 821
How have you discovered this? Have you measured it, somehow, or just by ear? I mean, is there a website with some specific audio tests to check this?

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #206 of 821
Honestly the stock cable is horrible, get an after market cable, it will sound so much better.
Wow, pretty heavy statement... What bothered you so much on the stock cable? Myself, I have them permanently hooked on my FiiO UTWS5 2-pin, I haven't used the cable much, besides when I was burning them in - for around 120 hours - but I recall, it sounded nice on my Mojo 2. What's your opinion about the recent DUNU cable, it was recently on the home page, here? Is it appropriate? Asking, just out of curiosity. I don't think I will ever unpair them from my UTWS5...

Jun 30, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #207 of 821
Wow, pretty heavy statement... What bothered you so much on the stock cable? Myself, I have them permanently hooked on my FiiO UTWS5 2-pin, I haven't used the cable much, besides when I was burning them in - for around 120 hours - but I recall, it sounded nice on my Mojo 2. What's your opinion about the recent DUNU cable, it was recently on the home page, here? Is it appropriate? Asking, just out of curiosity. I don't think I will ever unpair them from my UTWS5...
Well, I had the Dunu Hulk, and while the connections were good the cable just sounded bland, but I haven't heard the new one...
Concerning the cable, when I ordered the Hook I also got the Pennon Serial. The Serial comes with a really nice 8-wire cable that sounds great for a 'stock cable"...so when I compared the 2 cables on the Hook, the Hook stock cable sounded horrible in comparison. Of course the hook on my PWaudio MkII sounds utterly amazing, it really scales well, especially with my desktop rig...so they deserve a better cable than the stock. And of course, as in all things, this is just my opinion...:smile_cat:

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #208 of 821
How have you discovered this? Have you measured it, somehow, or just by ear? I mean, is there a website with some specific audio tests to check this?
The best test is your ears and since your ears are different than everyone else ears you might or might not hear a difference worth a try. But if you post on here asking for help and someone gives thier honest advice try not to be too salty you can probably find some less expensive cables used on your local market as well to try?

Jun 30, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #209 of 821
The best test is your ears and since your ears are different than everyone else ears you might or might not hear a difference worth a try. But if you post on here asking for help and someone gives thier honest advice try not to be too salty you can probably find some less expensive cables used on your local market as well to try?
Are you the deaf monk or the blind monk? Cannot help but wondering, after misreading/misinterpreting/misquoting me?...
I, as well, asked sincerely about the imbalance and incoherency to test it myself, and as for the cable, I've already said: no need for me, I don't think I will ever unpair them from my UTWS5... Take care :wink:

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #210 of 821
Are you the deaf monk or the blind monk? Cannot help but wondering, after misreading/misinterpreting/misquoting me?...
I, as well, asked sincerely about the imbalance and incoherency to test it myself, and as for the cable, I've already said: no need for me, I don't think I will ever unpair them from my UTWS5... Take care :wink:
Well Nick I guess you need a website to check phase I just reverse a cable and even if I was deaf and blind I still could tell chanel imbalance was a phase problem from what they were describing all is good in my magical audio world Take Care. 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back