RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Jul 7, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #226 of 821
Fairly good iem in my opinion especially considering its price. But not as good as Euclid. Well... there is a big price gap.
I never heard the Euclid...It's better, eh? Sounds interesting...

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #227 of 821
I totally discovered the importance of burn-in with the Hook-X. My very first impressions (in this thread) are nothing short of ridiculous. Haha. After about 70 hours they really get going. It’s also probable that no other headphone sounds like them with what they exactly do? Meaning it’s very difficult to put them in a price bracket value. I’m so happy to read the positive impressions people have!

They are the real deal!

It’s really true. They sound kind of grainy and low res out of the box. But they improve significantly over the first 100 hours or so. They retain a unique visceral quality that’s hard to describe. An “I know it when I hear it” kind of feeling.

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #229 of 821
On the first listen I found imbalance and incoherence on the stock cable, I connected another cheap cable and found that everything sounded correct, I thought the original cable was defective. When I checked the phases on the cables, they differed on right channel. After that, I connected the original cable of the right earphone in "antiphase", everything also sounded correct. If you connect two headphones in antiphase, you will hear an emphasis on the high tone.
My right iem has incorrect polarity. Tried other cables, still sounded "not right". Then I flipped the cable over (hook facing downward) it sounded perfect.

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #230 of 821
Been doing A/B compare the last few days between my Hook X and the LCD-X...not looking good for the $1,200 headphones...the Hook is just better in every way. Whoever created the Hook knocked it outta the park.

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #232 of 821
Jul 8, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #233 of 821
My boss liked the Hook so I let him borrow it until next Wednesday...:confounded:

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #234 of 821
My boss liked the Hook so I let him borrow it until next Wednesday...:confounded:
Why doesn't he get his? or it is on the way? :thinking:

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #235 of 821
Jul 9, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #236 of 821
Been doing A/B compare the last few days between my Hook X and the LCD-X...not looking good for the $1,200 headphones...the Hook is just better in every way. Whoever created the Hook knocked it outta the park.
Also got lcd x 2021 and hook x. Without EQ yeah hook x definitely my go to set currently 😂

Luckily only spent around $780 for my lcd x 😎

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #237 of 821
Also got lcd x 2021 and hook x. Without EQ yeah hook x definitely my go to set currently 😂

Luckily only spent around $780 for my lcd x 😎
That’s crazy!

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #238 of 821
I moved my Shiit stack (Modi Multi-bit and Magni 3+) to a new location today. It had been languishing in a place where I just don’t use it. So I plugged the Raptgo Hook-X into it and these surely do scale well. I thought they sounded great on my HiBy R6 2020 but they’re way more detailed on the stack. More fully saturated too. I can comfortably take them up several notches higher in volume via the stack than the HiBy.

I’m more and more impressed with these as time goes by. I wonder what Raptgo has in the wings as a follow-up?

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #239 of 821
I moved my Shiit stack (Modi Multi-bit and Magni 3+) to a new location today. It had been languishing in a place where I just don’t use it. So I plugged the Raptgo Hook-X into it and these surely do scale well. I thought they sounded great on my HiBy R6 2020 but they’re way more detailed on the stack. More fully saturated too. I can comfortably take them up several notches higher in volume via the stack than the HiBy.

I’m more and more impressed with these as time goes by. I wonder what Raptgo has in the wings as a follow-up?
They just released a DD.
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/raptgo-leaf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back