RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #812 of 821
I assume that you think those qualities are a good thing???
Yes. Those are what really noticeable to me when A/Bing them. When you hear them side by side, the P8 sound more closed in than the Bridge. Detail wise, they are pretty identical in the mids and treble, but the bass is better textured and has more layer on the Bridge.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #813 of 821
Anybody using the "Equilibrium" filter on their Bridge? I just changed and actually liking the sound better than the normal filter. The treble is smoother overall. With the normal filter, some cymbal crash can sound a bit harsh but not sibilance yet, a bit borderline.

Trying to use the "equilibrium" filter and turned on the Hi Freq boost on the IEM. Seems to add more air without the harshness. So many tuning to choose.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #814 of 821
Anybody using the "Equilibrium" filter on their Bridge? I just changed and actually liking the sound better than the normal filter. The treble is smoother overall. With the normal filter, some cymbal crash can sound a bit harsh but not sibilance yet, a bit borderline.

Trying to use the "equilibrium" filter and turned on the Hi Freq boost on the IEM. Seems to add more air without the harshness. So many tuning to choose.
I don't have mine with me at the moment, but if it is the gold one, that is the one I am using. :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #815 of 821
I don't have mine with me at the moment, but if it is the gold one, that is the one I am using. :)
I just got scored the Bridge for $90 and they're pretty impressive. I also ended up with the gold filter, the other ones feel like they blunt edges. Sure it's smoother, but I don't find the gold filter particularly piercing. I also wasn't a fan of the mids with the silver filter. In fact, I quite like these for lower resolution music. Alessia Cara's "Here" is my "crap who mastered this" test track and it's the only headphone I owned that didn't make me want to skip it after 30 seconds lol. Something about the way it stages the sounds, the annoying low bitrate clacky sounds fall off to the background and they're not in focus.
Comfort is alright, I'm not a fan of these oversized shells. I find the Penon Serial comfier for longer, but these are certainly better than the Wu Zetian which gave me a hot spot in the ear after 15 minutes.

My black filter kinda broke on one side so I guess I can't go back to those. I really like the balance and the mids/vocals with the gold filter and switches off. The bass doesn't slam unrealistically well like with the other filters, but I can live with it. It's different from the Serial bass but still enjoyable. I can't tell much with the high gain switch. What's it really useful for?

I still wanna try the Hook X, but I know it's not gonna fit my ear shape and I'm done buying IEMs that I can only wear for 30 minutes. Wearing comfortable IEMs is annoying enough.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #816 of 821
I just got scored the Bridge for $90 and they're pretty impressive. I also ended up with the gold filter, the other ones feel like they blunt edges. Sure it's smoother, but I don't find the gold filter particularly piercing. I also wasn't a fan of the mids with the silver filter. In fact, I quite like these for lower resolution music. Alessia Cara's "Here" is my "crap who mastered this" test track and it's the only headphone I owned that didn't make me want to skip it after 30 seconds lol. Something about the way it stages the sounds, the annoying low bitrate clacky sounds fall off to the background and they're not in focus.
Comfort is alright, I'm not a fan of these oversized shells. I find the Penon Serial comfier for longer, but these are certainly better than the Wu Zetian which gave me a hot spot in the ear after 15 minutes.

My black filter kinda broke on one side so I guess I can't go back to those. I really like the balance and the mids/vocals with the gold filter and switches off. The bass doesn't slam unrealistically well like with the other filters, but I can live with it. It's different from the Serial bass but still enjoyable. I can't tell much with the high gain switch. What's it really useful for?

I still wanna try the Hook X, but I know it's not gonna fit my ear shape and I'm done buying IEMs that I can only wear for 30 minutes. Wearing comfortable IEMs is annoying enough.

Awesome! I continue to love the Bridge. It’s at the top of my list of best of 2023.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #817 of 821

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Yes, this is exactly what I love about the Bridge; the staging. There is just something so special about it, that it keeps me coming back to listen again, and again.

Both the Hook-X and the Bridge are worthy of being in the same house because they are quite different from one another. Both of these were "hits" IMO, and they are close to being top of my list for IEMs heard/owned. As for fitment, they both fit me well enough (no discomfort), but the Hook-X actually fit me better, and are overall more comfortable to me though.

Did you stick with the stock cable for your Bridge?

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #818 of 821
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Yes, this is exactly what I love about the Bridge; the staging. There is just something so special about it, that it keeps me coming back to listen again, and again.

Both the Hook-X and the Bridge are worthy of being in the same house because they are quite different from one another. Both of these were "hits" IMO, and they are close to being top of my list for IEMs heard/owned. As for fitment, they both fit me well enough (no discomfort), but the Hook-X actually fit me better, and are overall more comfortable to me though.

Did you stick with the stock cable for your Bridge?
I had a BTG Audio cable lying around I wasnt using and it's more comfortable. Mine came with a fairly heavy microphonic purple cable. Also went straight for my azla max tips as they fatigue my ears less.

I was hoping these wouldn't change that much between dacs/source, but they sound better the better your source is so there goes my idea of pairing it with one of those bluetooth hooks. I had the UTSW5 and sold it as I found it quite lacking without LDAC.

At least these are not power hungry like my Penon so I can keep a 3.5mm cable for convenience over 2.5.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #819 of 821
I had a BTG Audio cable lying around I wasnt using and it's more comfortable. Mine came with a fairly heavy microphonic purple cable. Also went straight for my azla max tips as they fatigue my ears less.

I was hoping these wouldn't change that much between dacs/source, but they sound better the better your source is so there goes my idea of pairing it with one of those bluetooth hooks. I had the UTSW5 and sold it as I found it quite lacking without LDAC.

At least these are not power hungry like my Penon so I can keep a 3.5mm cable for convenience over 2.5.
Interesting that yours came with a heavy and microphonic (and purple) cable... Mine came with a fairly thin black cable. I changed it out for a pure silver Xinhs cable though.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #820 of 821
Interesting that yours came with a heavy and microphonic (and purple) cable... Mine came with a fairly thin black cable. I changed it out for a pure silver Xinhs cable though.
To be fair it was used so it probably got swapped. I'm picky with cable ergonomic so I was gonna use my own regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back