RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 24, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #797 of 821
good evening .So after all, raptgo hook x remains in the first place relative to bridge?
I am not sure I would put either above the other. They are both different enough that it is more like they are side by side, rather than one ahead of the other. They DO retain similar enough signatures, that you can at least guess that they are made by the same company though.

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #799 of 821
In the meantime, while I DO like the stock cable very much for the Bridge, I bought a Xinhs pure silver cable (upon rec from @FranQL; thanks Hermano), and I really like it with these. It doesn't change the overall sound much (to my ears), but it seems to smooth the whole presentation out a bit. :)
I'm planning to get a 2.5mm balanced cable to run these balanced from the Qudelix. Can you please post a link to the cable?

Also, I'm planning to get a planar iem as I have none at the moment. For folks who have heard the Hidizs MP145, would it be a better complement to the Bridge?

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #800 of 821
Good. What is the difference and similarity? If there are any.
I believe that the Hook-X have more mid bass, where the Bridge are more focused on sub bass. The mids and treble are a bit more aggressive than the Hook-X. There is also more air up top on the bridge. For the Hook-X this gives the perception that they are a bit warmer overall than the bridge. Technicalities are fairly close, but the Bridge edge the Hook-X out in most categories IMO.

If comparing just the two together, I would say that the Bridge are more analytical/fun where the Hook-X are more fun/analytical sounding. Where the Bridge is more aggressive, the Hook-X are a bit more laid back. Both have excellent detail retrieval though.
I'm planning to get a 2.5mm balanced cable to run these balanced from the Qudelix. Can you please post a link to the cable?

Also, I'm planning to get a planar iem as I have none at the moment. For folks who have heard the Hidizs MP145, would it be a better complement to the Bridge?
Sure. It is here.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #803 of 821
Just received Raptgo Bridge today. I am a fan of the OG Raptgo Hook-X which I think one of the best sounding planar IEM beside Tangzu Heyday. Upon first listening, the sound is quite airy and spacious just like Hook-X, clear treble and mid, bass is more on the sub bass rather than mid bass.
I am using Moondrop Spring tips and paired it up with KZ AZ20 bluetooth adapter. Seems like the AZ20 can drive the bridge quite well.
20230927_223258.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #804 of 821
Just received Raptgo Bridge today. I am a fan of the OG Raptgo Hook-X which I think one of the best sounding planar IEM beside Tangzu Heyday. Upon first listening, the sound is quite airy and spacious just like Hook-X, clear treble and mid, bass is more on the sub bass rather than mid bass.
I am using Moondrop Spring tips and paired it up with KZ AZ20 bluetooth adapter. Seems like the AZ20 can drive the bridge quite well.
20230927_223258.jpg
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

I am not ashamed to say that I also got the purple ones... :wink: I have quite a few IEMs that are the other two colorways and thought I would give purple a try. I actually like it very much, and while they are pretty vivid in color, I don't think I look like a very young person trying to simply show off "ear candy" (especially since I am NOT young anymore)... hahaha

Having said that, after hearing them, I personally don't care if they were crap brown...

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #805 of 821
Its actually blue color not purple. It just the lighting not great lol

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #807 of 821
What is everyone or general consensus of the setting for the Bridge? I have mine like this
20230927_233802.jpg
Is this means low gain and more high frequencies?

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #808 of 821
What is everyone or general consensus of the setting for the Bridge? I have mine like this

I could be wrong here, but I think you have it backwards.

Edit: Also, I have both switches set to off. :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #809 of 821
20230927_233802.jpg
I have both switches set to off for my preference

As @samandhi mentioned, you have it backwards

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #810 of 821
So had the chance to compare the Bridge with my Aful P8. The Bridge has more forward vocal, the bass is more detailed and textured, and the treble is more airy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back