RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 10, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #781 of 821
IMG_2564.jpeg

Update: Goddamn good IEMS!!

I've been listening to these for a few days now and the I really like the way it handles bass (minimal to no bleed into the lower mids) and treble (weird yet addicting).

Implementation is spot on and it is suitable for a variety of genres without changing filters.

Edit: Thanks again to @samandhi and @Surf Monkey for helping me choose this gem

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #782 of 821
IMG_2564.jpeg

I've been listening to these for a few days now and the I really like the way it handles bass (minimal to no bleed into the lower mids) and treble (weird yet addicting).

Implementation is spot on and it is suitable for a variety of genres without changing filters.

Excellent! I’m really glad you like them. They didn’t get the hype that the Quintet did but I think Bridge is as good or better depending on personal taste. I continue to reach for them and find their expansive sound to be endlessly compelling.

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #783 of 821
Excellent! I’m really glad you like them. They didn’t get the hype that the Quintet did but I think Bridge is as good or better depending on personal taste. I continue to reach for them and find their expansive sound to be endlessly compelling.

Yep, indeed
20230904_171510.jpg

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #784 of 821
IMG_2564.jpeg

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

You are most welcome. I don't always believe in the hype trains, but in this case, I think these deserve more than they have gotten. @Surf Monkey has been absolutely right in liking these.
This exactly. I am still enamored of the massive staging, imaging, etc... on these. Bottom line is that I don't necessarily hear things I have never heard in songs before, but instead I hear them in really different ways.
Yep, indeed
20230904_171510.jpg
+1 Hermano. :)

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #785 of 821
Can anyone compare Bridge with Simgot EM6L? Even juzear 41t if possible, these are the ones that caught my attention in similar price range.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #786 of 821
My Bridge paired with TRI Wolfram cable. Easily a $500 sound quality pairing. The staging just sounds open and sublime

88154304-1464-4380-b121-69910c03b56f.jpg

Sep 23, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #787 of 821

He says although the stage isn't big, Imaging is accurate.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #788 of 821

He says although the stage isn't big, Imaging is accurate.

I find it very interesting how we all hear things differently, because I personally find that these have a very large stage (as well as having accurate imaging). I find them larger sounding than the Hook-X, which I consider to be very large for an IEM.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #789 of 821
I find it very interesting how we all hear things differently, because I personally find that these have a very large stage (as well as having accurate imaging). I find them larger sounding than the Hook-X, which I consider to be very large for an IEM.
Same. I’m surprised to see anyone say the stage isn’t big. To my ear the expansive stage and accurate imaging are exactly what make the set so special.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #790 of 821
To my ear the expansive stage and accurate imaging are exactly what make the set so special.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The quality of the technicalities on this set are usually only reserved for kilobuck IEMs, from my experience. :)

Sep 24, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #791 of 821
BQEYZ wind is bringing bone conduction to bass and mid range, apart from the expensive UM MEST. I'm not sure how Bridge is using the bone conduction driver. Anyone has knowledge on this?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #792 of 821
BQEYZ wind is bringing bone conduction to bass and mid range, apart from the expensive UM MEST. I'm not sure how Bridge is using the bone conduction driver. Anyone has knowledge on this?
It is not being used as a bone conduction driver, but rather as a sound wave conduction driver. :)

Sep 24, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #793 of 821

Here’s what Raptgo says about it:

“The problem with many PZT drivers is their low output, resulting in ineffective contribution of the driver to the overall sound. Using Raptgo’s proprietary SSCE (Sound Superposition Compensation Effect) technology, the air conduction driver is powered in succession with the PZT driver for a more effective bone conduction. This provides a superior PZT driver effect that can truly be experienced for the first time.”

They claim that the PZT acts with the 6mm dynamic to create superpositioned waves.

https://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/demos/superposition/superposition.html

The Linsoul page has more details.

https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/raptgo-bridge-new-tribrid-iem-release-at-linsoul-audio

As usual, who knows how legitimate any of this is, but they’re certainly doing something. The Bridge sounds different than anything else in my collection.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #794 of 821
Here’s what Raptgo says about it:

“The problem with many PZT drivers is their low output, resulting in ineffective contribution of the driver to the overall sound. Using Raptgo’s proprietary SSCE (Sound Superposition Compensation Effect) technology, the air conduction driver is powered in succession with the PZT driver for a more effective bone conduction. This provides a superior PZT driver effect that can truly be experienced for the first time.”

They claim that the PZT acts with the 6mm dynamic to create superpositioned waves.

https://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/demos/superposition/superposition.html

The Linsoul page has more details.

https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/raptgo-bridge-new-tribrid-iem-release-at-linsoul-audio

As usual, who knows how legitimate any of this is, but they’re certainly doing something. The Bridge sounds different than anything else in my collection.
You are right, in that they did SOMETHING different here, but just like the Hook-X where they claimed (at least for a time on their site, and still on the box), there is no bone conduction going on, sadly. The easiest way to test this claim is to turn up the volume a bit, and put one monitor between your teeth... I know it sounds funny, but if it is a bone conduction transducer, you will hear the sound... One example here, and another here.

Fun fact, for those that don't know this (I have posted something similar to this before), but Beethoven finished some of his greatest works using bone conduction and his teeth. Read from here.

For myself, I would love to have a proper implementation of bone conduction along side other drivers.

Edit: Matter of fact, I remember you posted that before, and I had found that on the Amazon/Linsoul site, it was worded differently (which it is not now), but it said something like:
the air conduction driver is powered in succession with the PZT driver for a more effective bone conduction like experience.
How strange!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #795 of 821
In the meantime, while I DO like the stock cable very much for the Bridge, I bought a Xinhs pure silver cable (upon rec from @FranQL; thanks Hermano), and I really like it with these. It doesn't change the overall sound much (to my ears), but it seems to smooth the whole presentation out a bit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back