RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Jun 20, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #181 of 821
Ordered mine today! After reading everyone's comments and all the reviews I have to say I am very excited!

Jun 20, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #182 of 821
Ordered mine today! After reading everyone's comments and all the reviews I have to say I am very excited!
Congrats! You will be amazed!

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #183 of 821

Nice. As others have noted, they do want to get run in some. I don’t much subscribe to so-called burn in generally, but in the case of the three planar sets I have there is absolutely something to it. Each one sounded a little flat and brittle for the first 50 or so hours, then mellowed out and opened up noticeably. So make sure and give ‘em a nice break in period and let us know what you think! Personally, I love mine.

Jun 20, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #184 of 821
Nice. As others have noted, they do want to get run in some. I don’t much subscribe to so-called burn in generally, but in the case of the three planar sets I have there is absolutely something to it. Each one sounded a little flat and brittle for the first 50 or so hours, then mellowed out and opened up noticeably. So make sure and give ‘em a nice break in period and let us know what you think! Personally, I love mine.
Will do. I am a burn in enthusiast. Everything, even cables, get 100 hours min. My lcd-X have 200 gonna go to 400 for those.

Jun 22, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #186 of 821
Looks like the Hook-X has QC issues, RealAudioReviews from YT reported channel imbalance on his unit, BGGAR apparently got a dud that broke within a week.

It's a shame really because the Hook-X is better tuned than the Timeless IMO and basically poops on most IEMs under $300 when it comes to sheer tonal balance.

Has anyone reported QC issues on the S12? I haven't seen any from memory.

Had the Hook-X on my list of IEM wants, not sure if I'll consider the Hook-X given QC.
Just got mine and it's slightly imbalanced. Also weird rattle sound on the right, even when not connected. Playing bass shaker tune from one of those tests on audiocheck.net also produces that rattle. Exchanging the unit back to the store where I bought it tomorrow

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #187 of 821
Just got mine and it's slightly imbalanced. Also weird rattle sound on the right, even when not connected. Playing bass shaker tune from one of those tests on audiocheck.net also produces that rattle. Exchanging the unit back to the store where I bought it tomorrow
That's definitely a defect on the planar driver.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #189 of 821
Burn-in is real here.

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #190 of 821
Just got them. Robust build quality, sublime unboxing experience, awesome soundstage...the sound is AMAZING!

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #191 of 821
These are very special IEM's.....

20220628_115153_HDR.jpg

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #194 of 821
Indeed! Will you please describe your experience? :relieved:
Bass is filled with depth, volume, layering and texture. Tonality is great; clear and lucid. Treble has great air and extension; very smooth. Not a 'detail monster' but that's fine.
I hear great coherency, it seems the 2 drivers work well together. Soundstage is 3d out of head. I mean, granted I am using a high end cable and player, but that is just showing what these are capable of. The tuning is 'fun' with great PRaT. I let my coworker listen today and he knows zilch about audio the first thing he said was that he heard crap flying around his head. This IEM is great! Vocals sit in their own space while all this goodness is happening all around it...really superp, I daresay at any price.

Jun 28, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #195 of 821
Bass is filled with depth, volume, layering and texture. Tonality is great; clear and lucid. Treble has great air and extension; very smooth. Not a 'detail monster' but that's fine.
I hear great coherency, it seems the 2 drivers work well together. Soundstage is 3d out of head. I mean, granted I am using a high end cable and player, but that is just showing what these are capable of. The tuning is 'fun' with great PRaT. I let my coworker listen today and he knows zilch about audio the first thing he said was that he heard crap flying around his head. This IEM is great! Vocals sit in their own space while all this goodness is happening all around it...really superp, I daresay at any price.

How did you find their long term comfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back