Rap Sucks
Feb 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #496 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume you know me well enough to assume I can't write like that or better?
wink_face.gif

I don't give a flying hoot what Rolling Stone or any other reviewer thinks about anything. I'm not a spoon fed idiot, I can do my own thinking for myself.

That Organized Konfusion song is krap. Try again
very_evil_smiley.gif

We do know that you like to come in here and say things are "krap" and "terrible" with no kind of explanation on what makes them terrible, or what good lyrics would be to you.

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #498 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We do know that you like to come in here and say things are "krap" and "terrible" with no kind of explanation on what makes them terrible, or what good lyrics would be to you.

Krap lyrics are lyrics that make no sense, like Papoose's. Showing you can quickly string together words of the same letter does not equate to good lyrics. With the other lyrics by Konfusion, displaying a wide variety of intellectualism does not equate to good lyrics either. You can be the wittiest person on the planet, doesn't mean you wrote good lyrics.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #499 of 782
Please just give us an example of good lyrics to see where we should be headed. My personal guess is that you like straight-forward lyrics with simple rhyme schemes delivered with a lot of emotion. But then again I don't know anything about you so it'd be easier if you just told us
wink.gif

Btw I personally agree with you about Papoose's lyrics. It's very impressive to listen to, but I would never recommend it to someone complaining about the lack of lyricism in rap.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #500 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What music do you listen to EyeAmEye. Rap uses a lot of internal rhyme, alliteration, assonance, etc. Are you looking for that in your lyrics or "deeper meanings". It'll give us an idea on what to send you.

You don't need to send me anything. If you like it, that's all that matters, and I'm certain there are many rap artists whose lyrics are quite good. The meaning doesn't matter either, really, you can write a good set of lyrics about pimps and ho's. Subject matter doesn't matter at all.

They don't need to rhyme either, IMO. I suppose it flows better if it does indeed rhyme, but it isn't necessary.

I'm not claiming everything I like has good lyrics either, some do, some don't. As an example of lyrics I do consider very good, check out anything from Tool's Lateralus album or Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction.

I listen to a bit of everything except for rap, country, techno & mariachi (sp?)
tongue.gif
. Has nothing to do with the content, just don't like the style.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #502 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The simpleness and banality of the rap hater's arguments is making me sick. The people that rage against the popular rappers are the same ones that go listen to Radiohead and Coldplay two seconds later... The hypocrisy is frightening.

How is listening to Radiohead hypocrisy? Radiohead is everything rap isn't so don't get your point at all. If you had said Britney Spears of Justin Timberflake then I would have got your point because that is about the level 90% of today's rap is at.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #503 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rap is something you do, Hip-Hop is something you live. Hip-Hop is the culture, rap is the musical form of that culture. This whole supposed genre split between Hip-Hop and Rap is just something elitists came up with to separate Talib Kweli from Paul Wall, the Roots from Soulja Boy, etc., which I understand. Still, I see it as a false dichotomy. Then you have the situation even more convoluted, when you have media outlets mostly, referring to some Pop/R&B as Hip-Hop, like Beyonce.

I agree with you and I am not even a part of that culture so What would I want to even listen to rap/hip hop? It is irrelevant to my life experience. Some white kid from the suburb pretending they are part of that culture is completely ludicrous.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #506 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you serious with this post.

You know what The Beatles - what a stupid names there bugs, Rolling Stones - what kind of stones make music, the clash - clash this, and so on.

mbd - your not allowed to talk anymore

You need to stop responding to my posts. The dumbass names just pointing out, dumbass name. Whether Jay Z decides to call himself Jay, Idiot, don't matter, his music is unoriginal, terrible, lyrically portrays himself as unintelligent. Wow dude, can't believe you would imply I judge a genre of music based on artist's names.

Now that is truly dumbass.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #507 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you and I am not even a part of that culture so What would I want to even listen to rap/hip hop? It is irrelevant to my life experience. Some white kid from the suburb pretending they are part of that culture is completely ludicrous.

Some purists may disagree with this, but Hip-Hop is a cultural movement with a huge global presence now. I don't think the kind of limits apply that would require a white kid from the suburbs only "pretending" they are a part of it. Certainly, it is important to remember what it grew and developed from, and frankly the pioneers, predecessors, and conditions of its genesis aren't given enough historical importance in my mind. And, I don't think coming up without being immersed in the culture means that there is nothing for you to identify with and appreciate in the music. I think almost any art has both intracultural elements, and universal human elements. And rap music is coming from people from all over the world, from all sorts of different walks of life, and different perspectives, so there's pretty much something for everyone.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #508 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to stop responding to my posts. The dumbass names just pointing out, dumbass name. Whether Jay Z decides to call himself Jay, Idiot, don't matter, his music is unoriginal, terrible, lyrically portrays himself as unintelligent. Wow dude, can't believe you would imply I judge a genre of music based on artist's names.

I don't like a lot of the music Jay-Z makes, because he's a pop artist, and he does this "please everyone" thing, which makes his music very hit or miss for me, but he is a talented artist, in my opinion. His flow is crazy, and even when he's just writing pop-rap ****, his lyrics are above average in that field, and when he gets serious, he can be pretty good.

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #509 of 782
Quote:

Well Jay-Z is the best rapper alive, and i'd like you to try to deny that. No other rapper has been around as long as him and still kept the same presence. He has never fallen off, and hes always been at the top of the game. I mean you might like some other rappers better, but there is no doubt if this was a vote Jay-Z would win. And your comments on his music 'unoriginal, terrible, and unitelligent' and you ****ing serious. You dont even listen to Hip Hop and if you do who the hell do you listen to.

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #510 of 782
Quote:

Lol, seeing as that was the reason you provided, it would only be dumber for us to make up reasons to put into your mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back