Rap Sucks
Feb 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #511 of 782
This thread seems to turn out in a "quod erat demonstrandum"
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #512 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And rap music is coming from people from all over the world, from all sorts of different walks of life, and different perspectives, so there's pretty much something for everyone.

OK, I admit I can relate to Public Enemy's 'Fight The Power' but only if I reinterpret it from what it was originally meant to mean to something more universal. I used to like Ice-T's anti drug messages too in some of his rapping.

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #515 of 782
There's plenty of good rap out there, you just have to know what to look for. The mainstream rap doesn't interest me in the slightest, but there's something for everyone in this genre.

There's lots of different kind of rap out there and blanketing the entire style of music with the label of suck is just not fair.

Now excuse me while I go pop in MC 900 Foot Jesus.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #516 of 782
Jay-Z is good, but definitely not the best rapper alive. There are a lot of rappers that are better than him IMO.

There's Nas, AZ, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Ice Cube and groups like The Roots, Atmosphere, EPMD.

Of course everyone has different taste, so there's no definite *best*. I have friends thinking Lil Wayne is the best rapper, and I've also heard Akon
confused.gif
. I just hate it when people think rap is all about sex and the like.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #517 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by PG21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jay-Z is good, but definitely not the best rapper alive. There are a lot of rappers that are better than him IMO.

There's Nas, AZ, GZA, Ghostface Killah, Ice Cube and groups like The Roots, Atmosphere, EPMD.

Of course everyone has different taste, so there's no definite *best*. I have friends thinking Lil Wayne is the best rapper, and I've also heard Akon
confused.gif
. I just hate it when people think rap is all about sex and the like.

Yes I can defiently agree with that. On a success scale though he is the american dream, and he got it all from Hip-Hop. And at the moment I would say Lil Wayne is on top, no one is competing like him.

Check out a guy Charles Hamilton hes dope and hes got a work ethic, new mixtapes like every week. He does his own production, and uses alot of sonic samples its original.

The Hamiltonization Process Continues....

Theres some free downloads, many more if you search google.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #520 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too many rappers are thugs, as that Brown loser just proved to us. That's what I hate about rap the most.

Yes that is true. By no means is Chris Brown a thug, woman beating is not Hip Hop.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #521 of 782
Bah! I did type up a better reply but decided it had become too political so deleted it. Lets just say I don't support their music because I do not agree with their life philosophy. End of story and my opinion will not change so I am out of this thread.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #522 of 782
None of the music I listen to portrays women as sex objects. Nor does it encourage gang shootings and violence. By listening to rap, while I am supporting the genre as a whole, because I feel that rap has a lot going for it, I am not specifically going and buying albums by rapists and murderers. I am not going to limit my music tastes to genres where nothing bad ever happens.

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #524 of 782
Chris Brown isn't even a rapper. And you realize that all rappers don't share a life philosophy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back