Rap Sucks
Feb 9, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #226 of 782
Album of the year...

Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Feb 9, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #227 of 782
Maybe in the 16ish some odd pages that I didn't read someone addressed this, but if not I will--let's avoid the use of such derogative terms as "fag." The group on Head-Fi strikes me as a relatively intelligent group, who should be above that sort of bigotry.

Feb 15, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #230 of 782
Quote:

Non-Prophets (sage francis & joe beats) - Hope

I second that reccomendation, i cannot think of a better introduction to hip-hop than hope, it covers lots of the stylistic elements, and handles it really well.

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #231 of 782
I am so bored. That I searched through old threads. This was quite a good read.

[resurrect]

scrypt teach me 2englsih plz.

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #232 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHead666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking today, about how crappy rap is. So I decided to dedicate a thread to the crappy, unmusicalness of rap. Release your anger and frustration on this subject. Share your thoughts on how bad it is.

O and remember, You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap.
evil_smiley.gif

cry me a river!

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #233 of 782
add nu-metal to the list.. it's just as bad, if not worse than rap

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #235 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It boggles me how this thread wasn't locked earlier. The topic alone is flamebait. Seriously, criticizing other people's musical preference is just silly.

The problem is that isn't so much as criticism but more out and out flaming.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2livers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Herbaliser has put out some great stuff.
intelligent hip hop. two white dudes. English i believe. check out their song "8 point agenda"
then tell me rap sucks.

As far as I know, The Herbaliser are mostly instrumental. Lateef the Truthspeaker and Lyrics Born of Quannum are the rappers on ''8 Point Agenda'
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so bored. That I searched through old threads. This was quite a good read.

[resurrect]

scrypt teach me 2englsih plz.

Please come back scrypt
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #236 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO there is no music on rap, just a repetitive rythm, OTOH in any other genre (metal and rock and whatever), at least we have a melody, to sing or whistle...as I stated before, maybe rap is not for me (thanks God) but I do not consider this thread even necessary, rap simply sucks, any era, any time, any kind...period, but this is just my point of view, and IMO, etc, etc, etc....
Yes, of course, you can find a lot of crap in any genre, just that IMO all of the other crap sucks a lot less.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

True. & IMO classical & jazz sucks..

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #237 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHead666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking today, about how crappy rap is. So I decided to dedicate a thread to the crappy, unmusicalness of rap. Release your anger and frustration on this subject. Share your thoughts on how bad it is. O and remember, You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap.
evil_smiley.gif

Well, I wouldn't put it exactly that way....

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #238 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. & IMO classical & jazz sucks..

If you discount all jazz music then you don't fully appreciate rap and rap's history. Hip hop's roots are in jazz.

As far as classical goes, if you think classical "sucks" then you haven't warmed to it and maybe never will.........but there's a reason why classical music has survived over all other types of music, and it's not because sucky things survive......you know the rest.

Sep 2, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #239 of 782
On a separate issue.........I wouldn't say rap sucks. There is some rap that I think is very interesting. However, one thing I do find awkward is the thought of spending thousands on your audio gear to listen to rap music. I feel rap music is recorded, mixed and produced with the sense of non high fidelity in mind, almost as if this music is meant to be listened to with extremely boosted bass. I would never spend more than 100 bucks on a headphone if the main source of music I listened to was rap. You're not hearing acoustic instruments in rap generally and to use expensive gear to hear synthetic recreations of instruments or samples seems like an empty purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back