Rap Sucks
Sep 2, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #241 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why oh why did you resurrect this thread?!

Exactly. I'm pretty new here, but it amazes me that it was allowed to continue for as long as it did way back when. I mean, my perception of contemporary metal is that it's pretty repetitive, but I can't say I listen to enough of it to really have an informed opinion. My guess is that quite a few of the folks who dismissed hip-hop in this thread don't really listen to it, and to allow them the space to just dump on the genre seems strange. It can only breed hostility: defensive Kool Bubba Ice, who now feels justified in taking wild stabs at "classical & jazz," being a case in point. I'm missing why any of it makes for interesting reading.

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #242 of 782
I'm not a fan the biggest fan of metal and I used to be quick to dismiss it and claim that its not musical, but realising how little real experience of the genre I really had and how much it wound me up when people would say the same about rap and hip hop (that its not musical, that its immature, barbaric etc) made me realise how wrong I was. I've since listened to a lot of metal and whilst finding a bit too much rubbish for my own liking, have to admit that some is brilliant. Same applies to rap, you simply havn't had enough experience of it if you can dismiss it out of hand. If its not for you then fair enough, but to simply claim that there's no talent behind any rap is rediculous.

I imagine there's already been about 100 posts saying the same thing - don't know why I even bothered to post that!

If we're on to recommending rappers that validate the genre as something worthy of credit, then how about Madvillain. A fantastic combo who realeased one of my favourite albums of all time, 'Madvillainy'.

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #243 of 782
I think to defame somebody else's interests just because you don't like it is not only childish but rather bizarre considering that you don't like it but choose to spend your time venting about it.

Granted the person who started doesn't appear to have returned for four years, it is funny how he mentions how 'all rap sounds the same' (and then remarks two acts which sound nothing alike to each other) and follows by saying he likes diverse music or whatever like Disturbed.

Funny that, because I quite like Disturbed too, and have three of their albums, Believe, The Sickness and Ten Thousand Fists. Between the three albums and all its songs, the synonymity of the songs is probably unmatched by any artist I can think of. Food for thought.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #246 of 782
Pop's gay
Metal suck
Rock drop
Rainbow shine
Everybody's opinion is oh so great

There is good in everything, yet crap everywhere too...

Pick up your tunes it will be loved and hate anyway

To the OP open up your taste palette a little bit and don't be so short minded, that won't give you any kind of respect around here.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #248 of 782
I come back to see that there are many people that were as equally bored as me.

scrypt learn me 2english plz

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #249 of 782
This thread is horrible. I'm guessing the OP is a little too hardcore for us. May I suggest to the OP he re-title the thread; "Lets complain about vague generalizations about entire genres," or "I like Metal which (somehow) gives me the authority to look down on hip-hop as unmusical," or lastly, my favorite, "I could never in a million years do freestyle MCing."

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #250 of 782
i like both hip hop and metal, but i cant stand disturbed, they are undeniably TERRIBLE.

To O.P. keep an open mind, its easy to crap on something that you dont 'get', if it really irks you so much, listen to something else.

Sep 6, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #252 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric5469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't it kinda ironic that two of the biggest rap artist have been white: eminem and the beastie boys. License to Ill was the best rap album ever made IMO.

Is eminem even doing anything? Not a fan so I don't follow it, but for the longest time you couldn't turn around without seeing him.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #253 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric5469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't it kinda ironic that two of the biggest rap artist have been white: eminem and the beastie boys. License to Ill was the best rap album ever made IMO.

Not ironic at all. It's simple mathematics...in the USA at least, white people still vastly outnumber other ethnic groups, and a higher percentage of white people pay attention to hip-hop when the artists are white. It's really not complicated. Oh, and btw, Paul's Boutique is a much better Beasties album.

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #254 of 782
Oh, c'mon, it was fun to see scrypt schooling someone so deftly.

Sep 6, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #255 of 782
i don't like rap either. but who cares. i'm sure there are lots of people who think beethoven is boring. and i could listen to him all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back