Rap Sucks
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #646 of 782
Quote:
^ Hey you know what, why don't people start posting their favorite hip hop tracks/ MVs on this thread. It would be especially interesting if others post international ones cuz I am sure there are a ton of amazing stuff out there. The American scene is still kinda slow in making a comeback from it's better days. Would love it for people to post like some godly french hip hop or something, never really looked into the Euro scene much.

All I can think of for french rap is MC Solaar, Keny Arkana. Apparently there IS an euro scene. 
eek.gif

haha yeah dumb and dumber brothers were hilarious, but Chunderella was funny as hell as well. Poor guy kept getting taken advantage of by Kim Su-ro. Anyone watched the 2nd season, heard it sucked so i didn't even bother looking it up.

Also funny was how much Jong Kook changed from Family Outing into Running Man. He was really softspoken and reclusive after the TV ban incident, but look at him now.
2nd season = milking on teen idols like no tomorrow. One of the worst idol varieties that I've watched. 

@TwinQY are you Chinese? If so, are there any good hip hop acts that are worth while or is your favorite? I am chinese btw and it's pretty slim pickings, but some that I love are Soft Lipa, Miss KO, Masta Mic from HK, AM444 and KidGod from China that's about it. Kinda sad to see not many good hip hop heads from China even though the damn place is huge. LoL

Can't say that I enjoy any Chinese rappers, although I know that there are a few good ones out there. The language itself I feel has awkward flow for rap. I guess any rap becomes sort of awkward when you understand the lyrics as well. Some really cheesy stuff that they say 
rolleyes.gif
.  Tons of good hip-hop and acid jazz there though. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #647 of 782
Quote:
All I can think of for french rap is MC Solaar, Keny Arkana. Apparently there IS an euro scene
eek.gif

Also funny was how much Jong Kook changed from Family Outing into Running Man. He was really softspoken and reclusive after the TV ban incident, but look at him now.
2nd season = milking on teen idols like no tomorrow. One of the worst idol varieties that I've watched. 
Can't say that I enjoy any Chinese rappers, although I know that there are a few good ones out there. The language itself I feel has awkward flow for rap. I guess any rap becomes sort of awkward when you understand the lyrics as well. Some really cheesy stuff that they say 
rolleyes.gif
.  Tons of good hip-hop and acid jazz there though. 

Got to check those 2 out to see if they are my cup of tea. But yeah hip hop, esp cross over/ experimental hip hop is HUGE internationally. Sadly so is garbage mainstream rap....

haha Lee Hyori made a man outta him that's why.
biggrin.gif
They really seem like a legit cute couple.

I thought so as well esp. cantonese rap, but Masta Mic is making me reconsider this. That fool is pretty lyrical and while it's still rough on the edges he is the best I have ever heard from HK/ Canto-rap. Mando-rap is a lot more smooth, cuz the dialect flows better/ sounds more flowery.

Masta Mic goes hard on this collab, well for Chinese rap standards anyways haha

Oh man AM444 comprise of female chinese MC with a Euro producer, they sound so amazing together...worth checking out for sure.

http://am444.bandcamp.com/track/qu-hai-bian

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #648 of 782
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #649 of 782
I hope people realize that this was a thread from 2003 bumped after several years a few pages back... Troll threads probably wouldn't stick around long these days.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #650 of 782
Quote:
Mental constipation, verbal diarrhea.....

^ Guess this guy didn't get the memo.
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
I hope people realize that this was a thread from 2003 bumped after several years a few pages back... Troll threads probably wouldn't stick around long these days.

That's why this thread is GOLD. OP deserves an award from Head-Fi for this seriously. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #651 of 782
Quote:
That's why this thread is GOLD. OP deserves an award from Head-Fi for this seriously. 

From gangster hate, to asian variety shows, to French rappers. Truly an invigorating journey! Many thanks OP, wherever you are!

Quote:
haha Lee Hyori made a man outta him that's why.
biggrin.gif
They really seem like a legit cute couple.

All couples on TV are fake, didn't you know that? *insert other generalizations here*
tongue.gif

If I had to choose, I would pick the harder-spoken, edgier pronunciation of Canto more. One of my most favourite languages for singing, poetry, anything musical. Mandarin feels a bit flat and more suited for speaking IMO. Also I can understand Mandarin better, so the lyrics, which are just cheese on rice, gets even more awkward. Everything is so heavily laced with idioms and flowery prose. 

Masta Mic is cool! AM444...I'm still stuck on the vocalist. Seems to be the weak link. Vocals aren't strong, and there isn't enough of other things (not talking about looks) to make up for it. Everything else is awesome.

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #652 of 782
Quote:

From gangster hate, to asian variety shows, to French rappers. Truly an invigorating journey! Many thanks OP, wherever you are!

All couples on TV are fake, didn't you know that? *insert other generalizations here*
tongue.gif

If I had to choose, I would pick the harder-spoken, edgier pronunciation of Canto more. One of my most favourite languages for singing, poetry, anything musical. Mandarin feels a bit flat and more suited for speaking IMO. Also I can understand Mandarin better, so the lyrics, which are just cheese on rice, gets even more awkward. Everything is so heavily laced with idioms and flowery prose. 

Masta Mic is cool! AM444...I'm still stuck on the vocalist. Seems to be the weak link. Vocals aren't strong, and there isn't enough of other things (not talking about looks) to make up for it. Everything else is awesome.

Of course it's fake but they look pretty good together, better than her real life boyfriend that's for sure. LoL Plus kook got them crazy musKULLS.
biggrin.gif

i know, never heard canto word play/ lyricism/ "swag" even though the dood is a dork, like that before. haha Was pretty mind blown when I heard his 2 mixtapes.  Too bad jin sucks now, even though his ABC album had so much potential. Damn he was one of the 1st hip hop artist/ rappers i listened to when i got into this genre of music. Sad to see him regressing artistically and musically but at least he has found success in HK.  So i am happy to see him doing so well in the HK scene but still.......... just like Snacky Chan is wasted in Korea. Sigh.

Damn for reals, i love everything in AM444. It all gels so nicely and i would say is the best thing "hip hop" related i have heard out of China period. It's not saying much since its china after all.... but still.........................LoL

I use to listen to mostly HK artist for my asian pop fix but since i got more into asian hip hop etc, i can't really enjoy it anymore. Just too bland with the same generic lovey dovey topics of love this love that... guess this could be said for pop music everywhere. When I listen to mando music i tend to listen to Taiwanese artist more, cuz mainland Chinese artist like their movies/ variety shows, etc is pretty bad. 

Damn this thread is so dynamic I LOVE IT!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #653 of 782
I always thought Jong Kook was paired well with Yejin in X-Man

anybody else felt bad for Gary with JiHyo anouncing her relationship, they look so awkward together now, poor guy

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #654 of 782
Quote:
I always thought Jong Kook was paired well with Yejin in X-Man

anybody else felt bad for Gary with JiHyo anouncing her relationship, they look so awkward together now, poor guy

Park Yejin or Son Yejin, i dunno Park Yejin looks so old to me for some reason, even though kook is older then her......

Googled JiHyo and
redface.gif
........good stuff.
wink_face.gif
  Gary is a lucky man!!!

Cheers y'all!

for all the fangirls out there. 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #655 of 782
Park Yejin or Son Yejin, i dunno Park Yejin looks so old to me for some reason, even though kook is older then her......

Googled JiHyo and :xf_eek: ........good stuff. :wink_face:   Gary is a lucky man!!!

Cheers y'all!
for all the fangirls out there.  :smile_phones:

Isn't she 30 or something? Looks like a typical 30 year old to me. Korean celebrities seem to age so little in my eyes.

Can' believe we're still talking about Running Man. I should have never brought it up...

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #656 of 782
Quote:
Isn't she 30 or something? Looks like a typical 30 year old to me. Korean celebrities seem to age so little in my eyes.
Can' believe we're still talking about Running Man. I should have never brought it up...

I think both Son and Park is in their early 30s but Son Yejin looks a lot younger than Park for some reason, we'll see about that without all their fancy makeup. But still Asians don't age as fast as other races it seems.....
biggrin.gif
Must be all the M.S.G keeping them youthful. LoL

Tell that to Kami, i don't even watch variety shows so........ had to use my google skittles to find out who he was talking about.

^ This thread has long crashed and burned, there is no going back. haha

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #657 of 782
I was thinking whether I gave you the right girl, I relooked up what she looked like definitely not those 2, I meant Yoon EunHye

now these 2 looked good together

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #660 of 782
Quote:
Oh snap, he brought it out! Utter classic right here.

Good to see a lack of Running man around here as well, but only time will tell. 

why dont you like running man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back