RANT: I WASHED MY IPOD TOCH
Jan 27, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 25
Yeah, don't turn it on, and look online for ways of opening it up. It's a solid state device... I'd imagine if you opened it up, let it dry, and replaced the battery that it would still work fine.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #18 of 25
yes with any of these incidents; [size=small]RESIST TURNING IT ON TO CHECK IF IT WORKS AT ALL COSTS[/size]; then if you can take it apart and disconnect the battery, do so. Leave it for 4 days to a week; longer is better. then try turning it on. replace the battery if you can; it may not last as long as if irt didnt happen, but 90% of the time if you have disconnected the power quick enough it will live again. I dropped my nokia 7260 in a glass of water that was in the cup holder of my car in the console. went in there during a hard corner; I pulled a maniac manouver to get to the side of the road and dissassembled it. a week later it was working perfectly again. I had to replace the battery sooner than I would've had to, but still lasted me another 18months until I traded it in on a new phone
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I jumped into the ocean and then I remembered I couldn't swim. Try to beat that.

substance abuse much??
biggrin.gif
actually just sounds like alcohol

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My old nokia 8210 (which is very, very old - bought it in '99) went through washing machine, freshwater, saltwater dips, as well as drop from 2nd floor onto concrete X4, and thrown across the room few times as well. It still works!

Sounds like my old portable CD player. It lasted until last year, when it kinda teetered off a dresser the wrong way, snapping the top right off.

I would hope for your sake that today's technology will work just as well.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #22 of 25
Sorry to hear about that Russ! Hope it works after drying out and new batteries. "RuZZ.il is a member of the Beta 22 team build!"

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #23 of 25
My daughter's Shuffle went through the washing machine and was no worse for the experience.

After power down, and primary drying out attempts, here are some 'Second Phase' drying strategies to consider:

1. Put it inside a ziploc bag with silica gel packs...

2. If no silica gel packs are available, try uncooked rice - I hear it absorbs moisture well too.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #25 of 25
I washed my digital camera a while back. It was a canon, and I never leave the battery in because it drains over time, luckily! I took it apart, and let it dry for a couple of weeks. I put it back together, and it works great! A few dents. It's my work camera now. Lessons learned - check the laundry pile in the suitcase before you chuck it in the washer, don't turn it one once you wash it! Dry it out for a LONG time, and check the laundry pile again before you turn the washer on... Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back