[rant]crapple[/rant]
Aug 3, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iTunes on Windows is horrible. iTunes on Mac is lovely. Enough said.

As in, Apple's programmers are too incompetent to properly port an application to Windows?

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #33 of 69
iTunes on Mac is great.

Also, Microsoft programmers are too incompetent to port an application to Mac (Office).

This is kind of like getting mad at someone who speaks a foreign language for poor English, it's not really their fault the two languages are different.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #34 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks_own /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is kind of like getting mad at someone who speaks a foreign language for poor English, it's not really their fault the two languages are different.

It is completely their fault. Hire proper developers for Windows- there, problem solved.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #36 of 69
Apple write great applications for Mac OS X, but their applications for MS Windows is nothing to write home about.
Just like how Microsofts applications for Mac OS X is crap compared to their MS Windows counterparts.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #37 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing MS & Apple SW developers is like comparing the Jamaican & Cuban bobsled teams...

Your analogy is more sound than you even realize. In Cool Runnings, the Jamaican team is on a WR pace... until its sled crashes. Sounds a lot like MS.

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #38 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much RAM did your windows machine have? Since last couple years iTunes has really benefitted from a more capable machine.

Ugh umm...I haven't been running Windows for some time but when it was on XP, 2GB.
Vista (Literally about 2 months after coming out we needed a new PC), 1GB. It really was not enough :|
And now on Win 7 Beta 7001, 2GB running on Bootcamp. Now this one seems alright, it's not as bad as I remembered it. Still slower than the Mac version.

Aug 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple write great applications for Mac OS X, but their applications for MS Windows is nothing to write home about.
Just like how Microsofts applications for Mac OS X is crap compared to their MS Windows counterparts.
tongue_smile.gif

Exactly. Now be that either Mac programmers or Windows programmers or both of them being incompetent or both are trying to piss off everyone by writing incompetent software purposely, the fact remains that:

I) Please read the bolded text above and reread what I wrote after that.
II) Please repeat step I
III) Please repeat step II

I'm getting a Macbook Pro (and a Mac Mini if it permits) next year. Just to do certain things. But doesn't mean I'm going to stop using Windows, or Linux for that matter. And it also doesn't stop me from getting a Windows-based notebook or a Windows-based desktop as well!

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #41 of 69
Specifically how is iTunes any better on a Mac than it is on Windows?

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #42 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specifically how is iTunes any better on a Mac than it is on Windows?

Runs smoothly on MAC OSX compared to the lag-fest on Windows. But that's just me. And it's guaranteed bit-perfect on MAC OSX if I'm not mistaken.

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #43 of 69
But can anyone tell me (because I may have to do this again and would REALLY like to avoid this mess in the future!) why Itunes decided to delete all my MP3's on my iphone when I wanted to sync ringtones?

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use a Mac, you life will be simpler.
duggehsmile.png

macs are great for those that like to color inside the lines.

ALWAYS color INSIDE the lines.

wink.gif

apple is more of a control freak than MS is. I used to think a mac would be the thing to have but I know otherwise, now.

its true it has less support issues than windows does, for 'bad things'. but the lock-in and policy of apple, overall, is a showstopper for me.

and when apple tries to snuff out those that want to report about exploding batteries (snuff out, lol) - they immediately call their team of lawyers.

sickening how apple behaves these days. I don't buy their stuff anymore (some ipod shuffle with no drm was the last thing I bought from them, years ago.)

and yes, the shuffle has no drm, its easily worked around and you can finally treat it as a bidirection file copy usb stick:

rebuild_db

the shuffle was, strangely enough, the only ipod I thought was worth anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back