flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 5, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #6,586 of 39,414
Guys, I’m currently listening to the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open... Forget the HD650, everyone buy this headphone NOW. It takes the best facets of the HD650 (tonal naturalness and musicality), the Focal Elear (dynamism, punch and low-end energy) and the HD800 (clarity, air and transparency) and packs them all into a light and comfortable package. I hardly ever rave, but I know a good product when I hear one; I haven’t had a positive reaction this strong and assured since I tried out the Aether in 2015. I might regret being this positive later, but I highly doubt it; this thing is stunning.
What amp are you using?

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #6,587 of 39,414
What amp are you using?

For the purposes of the demo, I was driving it with my AK70-Kai. As I mentioned in my reply to @EagleWings, it wasn't the most ideal source, but Dan Clark is proud of his products' drivability out of portable sources, so I thought I might as well confirm the man's claims. As soon as the unit arrives though, I'll probably drive it with my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon v2.

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #6,588 of 39,414
Ah cool, are we doing pics of new iems?

Aud1.png

Aud2.png

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #6,590 of 39,414
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #6,591 of 39,414
Dec 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #6,592 of 39,414
LCD-i4, or is this another modification project?
Wireless LCD-i4!!! :ksc75smile:
Yes this is the upgraded Bluetooth version LOL!!

But in all seriousness I doubt anybody but Audeze can mod these, I read up on some background info and it is pretty complicated stuff hehe.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #6,595 of 39,414
Guys, I’m currently listening to the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open... Forget the HD650, everyone buy this headphone NOW. It takes the best facets of the HD650 (tonal naturalness and musicality), the Focal Elear (dynamism, punch and low-end energy) and the HD800 (clarity, air and transparency) and packs them all into a light and comfortable package. I hardly ever rave, but I know a good product when I hear one; I haven’t had a positive reaction this strong and assured since I tried out the Aether in 2015. I might regret being this positive later, but I highly doubt it; this thing is stunning.
Do they still have the demo, or did you buy it? Gonna pay a visit, thanks to you hehe.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #6,596 of 39,414
Do they still have the demo, or did you buy it? Gonna pay a visit, thanks to you hehe.

They offered I hold on to the demo with a down payment as they wait for the new stock to come in, but I refused. Though, I’d suggest you call them first to ask; it won’t be long until someone else takes up that offer. :wink:

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #6,598 of 39,414
They offered I hold on to the demo with a down payment as they wait for the new stock to come in, but I refused. Though, I’d suggest you call them first to ask; it won’t be long until someone else takes up that offer. :wink:
They said they run out of stock just now. All 4 pairs including the demo, which they stocked yesterday. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back