RAL no communication... is this standard?
May 20, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 22
I ordered a Parable power cable from RAL for my Channel Islands gear. I called them and left a message. I got a call back the same day and placed my order. Brad was very friendly and informative. I received an email that same day confirming shipment along with a tracking number. I have to say, my experience has been extremely positive, from customer service to the quality of products. I'm sorry to hear that some of you may have had less than pleasant dealings with RAL, but that has not been my experience at all! In fact, I highly recommend them.

May 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #18 of 22
the worth of the cable might be worth some wait. but I'm not up for loosing money an my headphones. It's already taken seven times as long as he originally stated. I dont have the income to absorb such a loss. Plus the headphones were a gift so there's someone else that would be effected by the theft as well. I hear so many stories about brad calling and yet i've never heard from him. I've asked him to call me to explain. I've tried his number several times but it appears to be disconnected, I've tried the fax line which led to a message machine but i was cut off before being able to leave a message. this week is the last i will wait. Regardless of how great the cable might be I need to protect myself and even if paypal can help me get my money back they can do nothing about the 300 dollars that were spent on the stock headphones.

this is unacceptable

May 20, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by klb2122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the worth of the cable might be worth some wait. but I'm not up for loosing money an my headphones. It's already taken seven times as long as he originally stated. I dont have the income to absorb such a loss. Plus the headphones were a gift so there's someone else that would be effected by the theft as well. I hear so many stories about brad calling and yet i've never heard from him. I've asked him to call me to explain. I've tried his number several times but it appears to be disconnected, I've tried the fax line which led to a message machine but i was cut off before being able to leave a message. this week is the last i will wait. Regardless of how great the cable might be I need to protect myself and even if paypal can help me get my money back they can do nothing about the 300 dollars that were spent on the stock headphones.

this is unacceptable

Sometimes it can take a long time to get through to Brad. I had a very similar experience when I bought my Senn Cable from him. Though - he did finally respond with emails. And... I did finally receive my cable - about 4+ weeks late - might have been even a little longer.

However... it sounds like you've been waiting about 9 or 10 weeks - which is quite a lot of time for him not to respond to any of your communications. I guess, I'd send him one more email indicating you're going to contact PayPal and your credit card vendor for a refund, if he doesn't respond.

However... you'll find PayPal of almost no assistance to you. Hopefully, you paid by a good credit card - which will refund your money, if he doesn't respond. At least, that was my experience with PayPal, in similar situation with another vendor. Another "lesson I learned" - always pay by a good credit card, which provides fraud protection... and... never rely on PayPal for such protection. In my instance, they were "a fraud" themselves. Unfortunately, the buyer has no way of learning that before they experience a problem with a seller - and PayPal "defaults" to payment from your bank account, rather than your credit card, if you're not very careful in processing your payment.

And for anyone else - I guess... I would not send him any money, until he assures you he has your cable ready to ship... and... then, I'd only send him half, with the remainder to be paid, upon receipt of your cable. Given his recent track record... that is only reasonable. At the very most... I'd send him only a $50 deposit at the time you place your order.

It is always possible... the guy has developed "some issues." I believe Headfi should place him on some kind of "watch list" - because his delivery time frames and poor communications have grown unacceptable.

In addition... if I were you... I'd place some warning comments on Audiogon's forums as well... and maybe Audio Asylum - and then email him the links. He has been pretty active there... and... some more criticism on another public forum might help motivate him to resolve "his issues."

However... if you do ever get your cable... you'll be very pleased. I found my Senn cable to be the best I have tried with my HD580/600/650s.

May 25, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 22
they shipped, i mean actually shipped. Looking at the post office website they've left florida and are on their way home. Brad says the extension cable will ship soon too! so tuesday they should be here. If he had said it would be this long from the start everything would have been fine... i dont mind waiting, i just dont like waiting many many multiples of the original agreed manufacturing time. I cant wait to hear them. Hopefully my GS-1 will be here in the next week or two as well, then i'm certain i'll something to say.

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #21 of 22
Prologue
To ALL who want to get their money back from RAL and Brad Vojtech!
PayPal accepted my quote about cheating of this shop, they opened a case and close it at the same time because of 45 days missing(it was obvious) to make an account history record...BUT
they said if there will be the same requests from another users they will open the investigation in a private order and unite them. Don't miss chance to get your money!
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back