RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Jul 11, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,036 of 1,184
After going down the rabbit hole for trying to find rich/warm/lush (whatever adjective it is) iems, I've finally purchased the rai penta. My favorite headphone of my lineup is the Empy and I'm starting to think the critic reviews for this set are similar to some of the reactions the Empy got. Excited to try them out!

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #1,038 of 1,184
I've been trying alot of tips with the Penta. Could never really settle on one or the other. Most of the time, I have been using the SpinFit CP145 (medium). I like the SpinFits with some of the IEM's I have. Anyway, I emailed SpinFit and asked them what there recommendation was. They responded with the CP100. So I bought a pair. I notice a little more bass over the CP145, possibly becasue they sit deeper in my ear canal (total width is less). It's a tighter fit around the bore with the CP100 too (CP145 is recommended for 5mm-6mm, CP100 is 4.5mm-5mm) Just an FYI for Penta owners.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #1,039 of 1,184
Yeah, I finally had to stop Meze-ing around and ended up liking my Auvio's the best :wink:

TomaKnockers.JPG

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,040 of 1,184
Yeah, I finally had to stop Meze-ing around and ended up liking my Auvio's the best :wink:

Nice picture, beautiful blue cable. What is it exactly?
Is the IEM a Rai Penta or Rai Solo.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #1,041 of 1,184
Nice picture, beautiful blue cable. What is it exactly?
Is the IEM a Rai Penta or Rai Uno?
Mine are the Solo's, the cable is a Xiaofan. Unfortunately they do not offer this particular cable anymore but they do make some sweeet cables. I'm glad I got both a Blue and Red one when I did but you may want to stay away from that $6900 one :astonished:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2184195?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.7aaa39b09tiBBY

Really like my Silver 8 Core :wink: For sure more reasonably priced!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32873760562.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.productList_10240026.pic_0

Here's my Red one :grin:

Purrrdy Pairing.JPG

As well this is also a nice one :thumbsup:

Copper Killers.JPG

Oct 21, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,042 of 1,184
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #1,043 of 1,184
Thank you for the clarification. I am lucky that the blue is not available any more.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #1,044 of 1,184
I've been trying alot of tips with the Penta. Could never really settle on one or the other. Most of the time, I have been using the SpinFit CP145 (medium). I like the SpinFits with some of the IEM's I have. Anyway, I emailed SpinFit and asked them what there recommendation was. They responded with the CP100. So I bought a pair. I notice a little more bass over the CP145, possibly becasue they sit deeper in my ear canal (total width is less). It's a tighter fit around the bore with the CP100 too (CP145 is recommended for 5mm-6mm, CP100 is 4.5mm-5mm) Just an FYI for Penta owners.
I like the Spin Fit dual flange, really with all of my IEMs. My two cents.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #1,045 of 1,184
I like the Spin Fit dual flange, really with all of my IEMs. My two cents.
Another option worth considering are the Azla SednaEarfit (standard not short). After a fair bit of rolling various tips I find that these work great for me opening up the soundstage a bit, tightening the bass and interestingly added a little more sparkle up top.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,046 of 1,184
Another option worth considering are the Azla SednaEarfit (standard not short). After a fair bit of rolling various tips I find that these work great for me opening up the soundstage a bit, tightening the bass and interestingly added a little more sparkle up top.

I looked them up on Amazon. I'll give them a shot, but there seems to be 3 different versions. The "standard", the light and a memory foam one (they are black). You have the clear ones?

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,047 of 1,184
I looked them up on Amazon. I'll give them a shot, but there seems to be 3 different versions. The "standard", the light and a memory foam one (they are black). You have the clear ones?
Hi I have the AZLA Senda Earfit Silicon tips they are black with grey inner, standard version not short or light. MTMT Audio had the best price when I purchased.

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,048 of 1,184
Hi I have the AZLA Senda Earfit Silicon tips they are black with grey inner, standard version not short or light. MTMT Audio had the best price when I purchased.
Thanks! Yea, I see on Amazon they have a clear version called XELASTEC (clear tips). 5 versions total it looks like. The Sedna Earfit, EarfitShort, EarfitLight, EarfitLightShort & the XElastec (new high tech material). All silicone though. I was incorrect about the memory foam, I just saw black LOL I'll try a pair out of the ones you have. Thanks for the TIP!

Oct 23, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #1,049 of 1,184
The Xelastecs will change shape while wearing them (heat activated). There is another AZLA tips called the Crystal tips which is made of a similar material as the Xelastecs but won’t change shape.

Do avoid both of these tips if you hate dust magnets, they will stick a bunch of ear wax not to mention dust of course. They do however, provide excellent seal. Due to their sticky nature, you may have to size down one to two sizes to get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back