RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #302 of 1,184
Regarding comparisons between the Xelento and Penta, while I have never owned the Xelento, I did own the AK-T8IE for quite some time. While comfortable, I always felt it to be somewhat fragile and the bespoke tips never did fit my ears very well. Technically, the SQ was quite good but I never found it to be musically engaging. The Penta, in comparison, fits my ears far better and the build quality is absolutely flawless. I find the SQ, after over a 100 hours of use, to be very rich and euphonic while not lacking in detail. Instrumental and vocal timbre is quite lifelike. Based on my music preferences, I find the Penta to be far more satisfying than the AK-T8IE and due to the similarities between them and the Xelento, I would expect my comments to apply equally. As always, YMMV.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #303 of 1,184
Hello everyone, new Rai Penta owner here.

0198265F-A4A9-4CE0-8B7F-350092982726.jpeg

The build quality is excellent and the shell feels so nice to touch. Just received these today but from what I hear so far, the sound is very well-balanced and I do hear that DD bass at times. Gonna tip & cable-roll with this thing soon.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #304 of 1,184
Hello everyone, new Rai Penta owner here.

The build quality is excellent and the shell feels so nice to touch. Just received these today but from what I hear so far, the sound is very well-balanced and I do hear that DD bass at times. Gonna tip & cable-roll with this thing soon.
Congrats!! You will love them even more after 100+ hours burning in, according to my experience.
Enjoy!!

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #305 of 1,184
Try Spiral Dot tips. They sound great on my Penta's.

Apr 22, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #306 of 1,184
Try Spiral Dot tips. They sound great on my Penta's.

Thanks! My current tips inventory includes: black & clear Final E-tips, Symbio W, Acoustune AET07, and Crystal foam tips.

Will definitely try to purchase the Spiral Dots.

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #309 of 1,184
Finaly I got them.
They feel amazing in hand.
The sound is just great. My feelings right now (after 50h):
- better than solaris
- comparable to mrspeakers ether c flow

The cable is a joy!

What makes them better than the Solaris? Can you give details? I am still in debate about which one to get.

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #311 of 1,184
Don't know how many folks here are tip-rolling like me but I recently acquired the JVC Spiral Dots tips and compared it side-by-side to my Acoustune AET07 tips.

For now, I think the AET07 provides better treble & vocal clarity while the Spiral Dots provides better punch in the bass area. Overall, the soundstage using the AET07 seems wider and the sound is a bit more balanced to my ears so I'll stick to them for now.

My Rai Penta is sitting at about 15 hours of usage so YMMV.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #314 of 1,184
I would say:
- more treble energy
- a little more rumble and punch
- cheaper
- much smaller with a perfect fit and design (i can sleep with them!)

From all reports, the solaris has more bass and punch so your findings are different to most other impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back