Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 4, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #1,351 of 6,675
@wslee and others: I have a couple concerns with my ES100. Anyone else notice the first one?

Has anyone had the same issue with changing voice call volume not affect output volume on es100? It seems my call source volume is like 100%. So each call I have to turn the ES100 way down and slowly at that. Then after music resumes and it's too quiet and I have to turn it back up. This is on a Samsung S7.

Is there any chance to make the status LED configurable? I watch a lot of movies in the dark and it's quite annoying. I will tape over it for now.

Call and media volume are separated and managed by Android/iOS independently.
And ES100 also manage two different analog volume for both call and music streaming independently.

Please refer the link below for more information:
http://radsone.com/EarStudio/EarStudio_Volume_Control.pdf

We have some request for turning off LED forcibly and will check the feasibility.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #1,352 of 6,675
We have some request for turning off LED forcibly and will check the feasibility.

Just picked up the ES100. Had many BT adapters over the years (small obsession). Currently have the BTR1 and a Q5, and several lesser cheapies.

Would be awesome to be able to shut off/ control LED. Same use as previously mentioned...at night.

Another cool feature that is on the Q5...is if there is no audio for ~5 minutes, it shuts off. Not sure how that could be managed on the ES100 for phone call use, other than maybe a night profile, but it would be really nice to save battery. Currently I just use a sleep timer to stop music, but BT stays on. With the Q5....it will shut off 5 minutes after the sleep timer.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,353 of 6,675
Finally got my ES100 and wow, just amazing. Every song puts a smile on my face with how the sounds, so thank you @wslee and everyone at Radsone!

Now a personal / strange request / cry for help from anyone. Does anyone know of any DIY neckband solutions that work with the ES100?

Something like this that would let me wind in my own cable, but could clip on the ES100 safe on one side? (This is the one PLUB did)

I was thinking of getting this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K4KDY3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A23EGCYIKHGK7F&psc=1

and doing something with it. Probably can clip it to the end or something.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #1,354 of 6,675
Jun 4, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,355 of 6,675
I think I have bought the same thing under a different name

https://www.amazon.com/Moretek-Bluetooth-Headphones-Anti-Lost-Equitments/dp/B077898Y4J

Should be with me by the end of the week!

I will let you know how it turns out!

A different idea from one of my first BT adapters (Jabra Street IIRC) was to hang it on a neck chain. I made one that's semi decent looking using Stainless Steel herringbone with a SS clasp, and has the adapter hang below my neck line. The only part that shows is earphone cables disappearing behind shirt collar. Mic still picks up decent enough, but if better clarity is needed you can have it hang outside the collar. 100% utilitarian....0% hip factor.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,358 of 6,675
Sorry if this was asked already but I couldn't read the whole thread.
Any chance this will support LDAC anytime soon?
It would be mine already if it did...

@wslee would have the final word, but I would say that at the moment, LDAC licensing for this product would increase the retail price, but, I believe there is a chance LDAC general licensing for devices will be free at some point in the future, since I heard that the licensing fee for LDAC will be free for new Android Oreo phones.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #1,359 of 6,675
@wslee would have the final word, but I would say that at the moment, LDAC licensing for this product would increase the retail price, but, I believe there is a chance LDAC general licensing for devices will be free at some point in the future, since I heard that the licensing fee for LDAC will be free for new Android Oreo phones.
Thanks PiSkyHiFi for your reply.

As far as I understand (not much really, so I could easily be wrong) the license for LDAC encoding has always been free, which makes sense since this would encourage players' makers to include LDAC in their codecs offer.
The problem comes with the decoding license, which is not free and honestly I doubt it'll ever be.
Such a shame because to my ears the difference in quality between aptX and LDAC is huge (my samsung phone does not support aptX HD unfortunately, so I'm not sure how this works)

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,362 of 6,675
I have no clue what the price increase would be, but like you I'd be happy to pay a bit more for better sound quality.
After all, sound quality is the reason why we are here

Not wishing to drag up the codecs war again, but check that you can actually hear a difference in blind listening tests before caring too much about this.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #1,363 of 6,675
Fiio BTR3 is going to have LDAC and will only be $70. No 2.5 connection though.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #1,364 of 6,675
Not wishing to drag up the codecs war again, but check that you can actually hear a difference in blind listening tests before caring too much about this.

APTX sounds great to my ears, and I doubt that I'll be able to hear a difference between AAC and APTX. But that doesn't stop me from looking forward to trying AAC when it is available to my phone on Jun 11 lol

Having said that, I thought that LDAC was supposed to provide a jump in sq. Have you compared LDAC to the others? Just curious. Not meaning to start anything!

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,365 of 6,675
APTX sounds great to my ears, and I doubt that I'll be able to hear a difference between AAC and APTX. But that doesn't stop me from looking forward to trying AAC when it is available to my phone on Jun 11 lol

Having said that, I thought that LDAC was supposed to provide a jump in sq. Have you compared LDAC to the others? Just curious. Not meaning to start anything!

you are going to start it again!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back