Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 23, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #903 of 6,675
Hello, I am wondering if any of you in this thread have experience with both Radsone Earstudio and Bluewave Get. I have the Get right now, and I am about to send it back for the second time... the first time, there was a problem with the BT range, and this one have developed a sticky button, after a mere 2 months. Needles to say, I am not going back to the Get. I will switch to the Earstudio instead.
However, I spent some time in front of my computer the other day and used the headphone amp that I have there. And going from the Get, to it, made me think that I prefer the sound that the Get provides. I am using a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900, and I have read a lot or reviews where people state that they think that the Pro 900 have a very shrill metallic treble. And I never realized that they where right, until i switched back to the computer amp's more neutral sound.

Could any one tell me what to expect from the Earstudio, compared to the Get (when it comes to sound characteristics)?

Ultrasone Pro 900, has a V shaped frequency response (see picture):
5470ea49808fdf508e8c494f5e441fa1.png

[Source: http://en.goldenears.net/3508]

@Cane:

To Ultrasone Pro 900 with 40-ohm / 96dB sensitivity,
ES100 3.5mm single-ended output delivers around 110 dBSPL loudness.
Since the sensitivity of Ultrasone Pro 900 is quite low, you may have no background noise issue with Bluewave Get.
In a meanwhile, it seems Bluewave Get delivers higher maximum output power than ES100 3.5mm single-ended.

It depends on how loud you listen to music with Ultrasone Pro 900. My concern is you may not be able to have enough SPL with ES100 for your Ultrasone Pro 900.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #904 of 6,675
@SubMash do you believe that cables do alter the characteristics of the sound? I don't have the money right now, but I am thinking about having my headphones converted to balanced.
Your headphones are 45Ohm, aftermarket cables are 1-2Ohm. If they don't intentionally add some capacitor to make sound "hi-fi" or go to extremely high resistance - there would be no difference. So it's more about the look and physical convenience of cable. Balanced connection removes potential power noise and decreases crosstalk and should sound same or better than common ground signal. You won't have a significant difference with ES100 (except that it will be louder at the same settings). I won't bother if I was short on cash.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #905 of 6,675
Got my es100 today! Updated it. Went smooth! Set up with the app. Plugged in my Oriveti BASIC and it sounds very good! Definitely seems to be my best source device by far. Will be using this one all the time.

@wslee Thank you for no music interrupting beeps/sounds, ability to change output parameters, EQ with presets, ability to influence exposed codecs, a status LED that doesn't light up my whole bedroom at night, a high quality companion app, bringing a device that is updatable to a space full of non updatable devices/or devices with little to no updates and the great presale support you've given me this far.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #906 of 6,675
Hello, I am wondering if any of you in this thread have experience with both Radsone Earstudio and Bluewave Get. I have the Get right now, and I am about to send it back for the second time... the first time, there was a problem with the BT range, and this one have developed a sticky button, after a mere 2 months. Needles to say, I am not going back to the Get. I will switch to the Earstudio instead.
However, I spent some time in front of my computer the other day and used the headphone amp that I have there. And going from the Get, to it, made me think that I prefer the sound that the Get provides. I am using a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900, and I have read a lot or reviews where people state that they think that the Pro 900 have a very shrill metallic treble. And I never realized that they where right, until i switched back to the computer amp's more neutral sound.

Could any one tell me what to expect from the Earstudio, compared to the Get (when it comes to sound characteristics)?

Ultrasone Pro 900, has a V shaped frequency response (see picture):
5470ea49808fdf508e8c494f5e441fa1.png

[Source: http://en.goldenears.net/3508]
Can you tell me what kind of range you were getting with the get? I have one as well and find the range pretty bad.

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #909 of 6,675
Can you tell me what kind of range you were getting with the get? I have one as well and find the range pretty bad.
With the first one, I could break the signal with my arm, at a range of about 50cm (~1.5 feet). I sent it back and got a new one and it is not as sensitive as the old one. But I also have a, like 5 year old Samsung BT unit, that performs twice the range...

I would say that I get about 5 meters (16.5 feet) if nothing is in it's way. But at that range, having the Get clipped to my pants and my shirt falling down over it, is enough to start getting lost sound.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #910 of 6,675
@Cane:

To Ultrasone Pro 900 with 40-ohm / 96dB sensitivity,
ES100 3.5mm single-ended output delivers around 110 dBSPL loudness.
Since the sensitivity of Ultrasone Pro 900 is quite low, you may have no background noise issue with Bluewave Get.
In a meanwhile, it seems Bluewave Get delivers higher maximum output power than ES100 3.5mm single-ended.

It depends on how loud you listen to music with Ultrasone Pro 900. My concern is you may not be able to have enough SPL with ES100 for your Ultrasone Pro 900.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
WS
I have had the issues. They got some complaints, for that and made a new version especially for those with sensitive headphones. And I got the option to send the old one back and get the less sensitive version or pay 5 bucks for an impedance adapter. I chose the adapter. It removes most of the background hiss.

When it comes to loudness. Well it depends on the recording... I have had situations when I have almost maxed the phone and Get's volume. But generally I am able to keep my phone at 80% and still have some room to spare on the Get. It's tricky to answer exactly how close to max that I am with the Get. The wheel makes for easy adjustment's, but at the same time, you get nothing for a really long time, and in the end of the turn it goes from a whisper to a boom in a couple of millimeters...

I have been thinking about sending in my headphones to MoonAudio and getting them converted to balanced (it's a matter of cost). You have a higher output on the 2,5mm right?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #911 of 6,675
Your headphones are 45Ohm, aftermarket cables are 1-2Ohm. If they don't intentionally add some capacitor to make sound "hi-fi" or go to extremely high resistance - there would be no difference. So it's more about the look and physical convenience of cable. Balanced connection removes potential power noise and decreases crosstalk and should sound same or better than common ground signal. You won't have a significant difference with ES100 (except that it will be louder at the same settings). I won't bother if I was short on cash.
They are actually 40 ohms, not 450.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #912 of 6,675
Finally, this cable is just what I wanted except for being black but that's not a big deal for me so I'm quite happy now:

20180424_153420.jpg
20180424_153313.jpg

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #914 of 6,675
Looks really nice!

Can you confirm the length you order and how did you get in contact with them? I tried sending an email but haven’t heard back!

I have an account so I just used the message option before placing the order. To be safe I also sendt them a message right after I had placed the order and on PayPal when making the payment :wink:

I asked for 50 cm which works perfectly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back