1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last
  1. tim0chan
    What is that?

2. peter123
    Just because :wink:

20180418_104455.jpg

wslee, trellus, Koolpep and 2 others like this.
  3. HiFlight
    If you are using an Android smartphone as your source, there are a number of music player apps that have a crossfeed option...
    Neutron, Radsone and Foobar2000 are 3 that come to mind.

4. waynes world
    Coolio! You're prompting me to get a balanced cable sooner than later for my mmcx buds.

I'm trying to figure out the VE cable ordering page, but there are options dammit! Expresso cable? Spc cable? Can I get the spc cable in black? Can I change it to a shorter length? Do I even want a shorter length? So many questions lol! (but that's great). Addendum.. or go with the black litz cable, and if so, which sleeve option do I want? Earhooks or not? :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. abrody
    Has anyone had any success sourcing a very short (ie less than 40cm) balanced MMCX cable?

6. Jazic
    Im on Android but listen exclusively to Spotify and Tidal unfortunately.

7. HiFlight
    I have encountered an issue with my EarStudio since the last two updates. I am still running 1.17 but have reinstalled the latest app. While I can connect and play OK, whenever I attempt to access the output page to select balanced or SE or one of the options, that page is greyed out and when I attempt to go back to a previous page via the arrow at the upper left, the app always stops. I can only surmise that this has something to do with the newer firmwares or app version, but this has persisted everytime I have attempted to use my ES recently. It does show the choices for the new firmware and does connect OK but I am stuck on my last output setting prior to this issue appearing.
    As I am away from home, I can't update my firmware to v.1.19 at the present time, but will give it a try when I return home.

8. Researcher
    When i tried to backward or forward a track on tidal windows app (probably on the other players as well), i noticed the volume is immediately increasing for a quarter sec, and then come back at the normal level. This issue happens when the device is in USB-DAC.

9. waynes world
    Maybe the app is not connected with the es100? Sometimes when I connect the es100 to my phone and I then go into the app, it does not connect with (and can not find) the es100 until I do this: While in app, turn the es100 off and on. For me, the app then always finds and connects with the es100.

10. Coconut Wireles
    Lol when I saw you first post that adapter I was thinking about getting one just to try the 800S balanced through the ES100.

I probably won't get it because I can't see myself using the 800S with the ES100 very much but running it unbalanced I thought the ES100 did a more than admirable job driving the 800S.

Right now I'm debating on whether to get the ALO balanced MMCX cable for the Andromeda or going a custom route to get a shorter cable. Anyone know if ALO will make custom lengths?

11. HiFlight
    This happens with the ES connected to the app. The app alway quickly finds my ES. I can change volume, access EQ, only output page causes the app to shut down.

waynes world likes this.
  12. tim0chan
    Mind explaining more clearly? I don't understand your problem a or "boom sound" for that matter

13. Coconut Wireles
    Not sure if anyone else has this slight issue with the clip but I use my ES100 on my work shirts and it doesn't quite hold well since it only compresses on the shirt at the end point with the ridge. Anyways, I used a bit of adhesive velcro and used the loop/softer side of the velcro and stuck just a little bit on the clip so it compresses the shirt throughout the clip a bit more. The velcro is soft enough that it won't damage my shirt but has enough fluff to actually hold better when it's attached horizontally to my shirt. Just thought I would throw this out there if anyone else had this issue.

IMG_0750.jpg IMG_0749.jpg IMG_0748.jpg

14. Koolpep
    I would contact null-audio.com they make excellent cables in all price ranges (prices on their website are in Singapore dollars ) so they start from $49 SGD and you can always contact them with a special request, like a shorter one. Let’s see what they say. I use their cables (besides moon audio, plussound and others) for years. Great quality, even the entry level is a keeper.

15. rkw
    You can order one from Venture Electronics:
    https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=16
    The order form has specific lengths, but actually the cables are all custom made to order, and you can tell them the exact length you want.

DBaldock9 and Koolpep like this.
First

Back
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Next

Last