Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 19, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #6,601 of 6,675
Awesome. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. HUGE bang for buck.
Thanks. I have one issue, the settings reset everytime I disconnect / power off. Is this normal function? The standard settings appear to have crossfeed enabled, and ambient mic noise, but I dont want either applied. And Id like to keep volume max output setting much lower than standard, but it resets everytime. Am I doing this wrong?

Aug 19, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #6,602 of 6,675
Just received. Need to research filter
Thanks. I have one issue, the settings reset everytime I disconnect / power off. Is this normal function? The standard settings appear to have crossfeed enabled, and ambient mic noise, but I dont want either applied. And Id like to keep volume max output setting much lower than standard, but it resets everytime. Am I doing this wrong?
Something is amiss here. Are you stopping the music, THEN powering off? Disconnecting how and from what? Unplugging headphones? I've had mine along time with no issues.

Aug 20, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #6,605 of 6,675
Still resets crossfeed settings etc everytime I reconnect to use again. Is this normal operation?
No, I don't think so. Can't remember my unit ever loosing its settings... If this is still new / within warranty, I'd try to get a replacement.

Aug 20, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #6,607 of 6,675
No, I bought it used unfortunately.
I guess Ill try the Qudilex next but buy NEW.
Sorry to hear that.
I guess you already tried a complete reset? I’d expect something like that should be possible via the app.
I once had the Qudelix, but liked the ES100 much better soundwise and also from the perspective of physical interface: the buttons are much easier to use on the ES100

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #6,609 of 6,675
Does the ES100 require device drivers or some special configuration to use on a Windows machine 10 as a USB sound card? I don't see it in the Device Manager when I connect it.
It works fine for me without installing device drivers. I just tried it on a Windows 10 laptop where I hadn't plugged it in before. As soon as I plugged in the USB cable, Windows popped up a notification that it was preparing a new device (EarStudio USB DAC). A few moments later another notification that the device was ready to use. It shows up as an output selection on Qobuz, and in the Device Manager.

Capture.PNG

Oct 27, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #6,611 of 6,675
Nov 7, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #6,613 of 6,675
There is no explicit line out mode. The DAC itself (which is inside the integrated DAC+amp chip) probably can't provide enough power for line out anyway. The Radsone website has a link to an application note about using the ES100 as a preamplifier. In summary, if you connect the ES100 output to a high impedance input (such as a power amplifier), the ES100 will operate like a preamplifier and you only have to set the output to an appropriate level.
what is this "appropriate level" ? it seems to be 0.894v peak to peak maximum for consumer grade speaker amplifier but how do i get exactly this 0.894v voltage out in order to maximize sound quality ? is it -9db on the es100 volume level slider to get 0.896v (as it says 3.2v peak to peak at +2db) ? and should i set the 3.5mm output to 1x current or 2x current ? ( would have been nice to have a "consumer grade line out level" option in the user interface to bypass the volume control on es100 and only control volume on the speaker amplifier, without accidentally raising volume on the es100 over 0.894v which would saturate/clip the speaker amplifier line input) thanks

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #6,614 of 6,675
I think my es100 mk2 just kicked the bucket. I was listening to it while plugged in charging and it shut off by itself. Unplugged it and turned it on and nothing. Plugged it back in now its warm and smells like burnt electronics. Anyone encounter this issue?

Dec 10, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #6,615 of 6,675
I think my es100 mk2 just kicked the bucket. I was listening to it while plugged in charging and it shut off by itself. Unplugged it and turned it on and nothing. Plugged it back in now its warm and smells like burnt electronics. Anyone encounter this issue?
try opening it and cut one of the 2 wires to the battery as it may have a short circuit inside the battery, power it using the charging cable. if it is working you just need to buy a new battery ( you can even put a bigger battery inside as he did here :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back