Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 25, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #6,016 of 6,675
Hello everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find it using search function).
I have the Senn HD660s which have the balanced cable terminated to 4.4mm.
In what way can I connect them to the 2.5mm balanced port? Through an adapter? And if so which one?
Is there perhaps a cable that I can use instead of the Sennheiser one?
You can use an adapter -- they have ones that are a plug only, and there are some that have a short wire attached between the parts. They're exactly the same and I use both, it just depends on how much flexibility I need and the fact that the plug only ones can be fairly long. If it's going in my pocket, I tend to use a flexible one. I have bought them from Amazon and Ali, Fiio even makes a nice one.

You can certainly switch over to a 2.5mm balanced cable, but I wouldn't recommend swapping cables back and forth. It's much better and a lot less wear on the plugs if you just use an adapter. I have moved over to mostly 4.4mm cables to match with my R5, and I have a bunch of adapters (including the one that came from HiBy). I also have several to adapt to a 3.5mm unbalanced for my gear that uses that.

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #6,017 of 6,675
You can use an adapter -- they have ones that are a plug only, and there are some that have a short wire attached between the parts. They're exactly the same and I use both, it just depends on how much flexibility I need and the fact that the plug only ones can be fairly long. If it's going in my pocket, I tend to use a flexible one. I have bought them from Amazon and Ali, Fiio even makes a nice one.

You can certainly switch over to a 2.5mm balanced cable, but I wouldn't recommend swapping cables back and forth. It's much better and a lot less wear on the plugs if you just use an adapter. I have moved over to mostly 4.4mm cables to match with my R5, and I have a bunch of adapters (including the one that came from HiBy). I also have several to adapt to a 3.5mm unbalanced for my gear that uses that.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply!

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #6,018 of 6,675
Hello everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before (couldn't find it using search function).
I have the Senn HD660s which have the balanced cable terminated to 4.4mm.
In what way can I connect them to the 2.5mm balanced port? Through an adapter? And if so which one?
Is there perhaps a cable that I can use instead of the Sennheiser one?
FiiO LB-4.4M...Sold out on Audio 46 and discontinued on AE. Good luck. What you need is a 4.4 female to 2.5 male adapter

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #6,020 of 6,675
Hi guys,
On the ES100 is there a way to switch between balanced and unbalanced outputs without using the APP ?
When I make comparative listening, its a bit annoying to always take my phone, go to the app, unlock, switch, relock outputs each time..

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #6,021 of 6,675
Hi guys,
On the ES100 is there a way to switch between balanced and unbalanced outputs without using the APP ?
When I make comparative listening, its a bit annoying to always take my phone, go to the app, unlock, switch, relock outputs each time..

Why do you lock it? I leave mine unlocked and can easily bounce back and forth between the two.

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #6,022 of 6,675
Why do you lock it? I leave mine unlocked and can easily bounce back and forth between the two.
Yup it can be a solution but risky, because it's clearly stated by radsone to always lock our outputs once set to avoid any damage caused on the DACs.
Sometimes we think we stopped any sound but it's not always the case and it may degrade our units if not locked.
Personally I always lock, and be sure to not play any sound at all for few seconds before switching.
I wish I could see a new little manual trick/shortcut to do this directly via the unit (instead of doing that each time from the app).

Feb 28, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #6,026 of 6,675
Feb 29, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6,029 of 6,675
It's been awhile since ES100 went on sale for $75...

Is it on sale for that now?

Luckily, I bought mine for $75. It used to go on sale for $75 fairly regularly (maybe every 2-3 months). But I can’t remember the last time I saw it at that price.

Feb 29, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6,030 of 6,675
So I hope someone might find this to be interesting...

Last night, I hooked up my HiBy R6 Pro in USB-DAC mode to my Nvidia shield and sent audio to my ES100 via LDAC. I then plugged my JH Audio Lola IEM's into the ES100 and wow, what great sound... Best sound I've ever heard while watching a movie

One caveat... I got a huge amount of noisy interference until I turned bluetooth off on my iPhone that was nearby, even though it wasn't paired to the ES100

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back