Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #5,011 of 6,675
Can I ask for your music style preferences? ER4XR + ES100 leads me to think that you listen to no hard rock or metal using that combo?

i listen to almost anything really. does something like Tool hard rock enough? :ksc75smile:

i never see an earphone as specific for some music only. i see it like different camera filters or lenses: you might like it for some things, but basically you can use it for everything, depending on your mood at that particular day

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #5,012 of 6,675
i listen to almost anything really. does something like Tool hard rock enough? :ksc75smile:

i never see an earphone as specific for some music only. i see it like different camera filters or lenses: you might like it for some things, but basically you can use it for everything, depending on your mood at that particular day

Tool is special, but I cannot think of me listening to them (or Plini, or Mr. Fastfinger...) without a good but rounded and elastic bass (in contrast to dry and analytical one}. I only had a couple of opportunities to listen to the Etymotics and I ended thinking that only would use them to listen to classical and for analytical purposes. There's a "viscerality" in that music that plays with FR contrasts and dynamics that, to my ears, very few BA IEMs can reproduce (and always find certain lack in the lowest end).

Anyway, I find very appropriate the camera filters example!

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic!

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #5,013 of 6,675
Thanks. I already had re-flashed with version 2.02. Now I just tried the factory reset via the "holding all 4 keys" method. Still not working properly :frowning2:

Definitely seems to have to do with the usb connector. If I can hold it with proper pressure/angle and get it powered, it works. But 99% of the time when I release the pressure/angle, it turns off and the power button won't get it going again. But 1% of the time when I release the pressure/angle, it stays going and I can then disconnect the usb and it works fine, but only for a while.

So not looking good unfortunately.

And you have tried multiple USB cables? It is much more likely that the usb connector broke on the cable than inside the ES100.

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #5,014 of 6,675
Hope not too late to ask. I am going to buy the Tin T2 and still confusing between ES100 and Fiio UBT3. I have Iphone 7 and ipad pro; i usually go hiking, trekking, road trip by motorbike, so battery life is also very improtant. Anyone here who have tried 2 of them please give me some advice. Many many thanks.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #5,019 of 6,675
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,020 of 6,675
Tool is special, but I cannot think of me listening to them (or Plini, or Mr. Fastfinger...) without a good but rounded and elastic bass (in contrast to dry and analytical one}. I only had a couple of opportunities to listen to the Etymotics and I ended thinking that only would use them to listen to classical and for analytical purposes. There's a "viscerality" in that music that plays with FR contrasts and dynamics that, to my ears, very few BA IEMs can reproduce (and always find certain lack in the lowest end).

Anyway, I find very appropriate the camera filters example!

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic!

i like listening to a song or album with one earphone, and then start listening to it again with a different earphones, it's like seeing the same scenery from a different perspective. it's exciting to hear some details in the mix that i might not notice with the first earphone.

i really like the sound of etymotic because it reminds me of small bookshelf mixing monitor sound. of course i also agree with you, when i want some juicy and visceral sound, I'd put on some dynamic drivers earphones

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #5,022 of 6,675
And you have tried multiple USB cables? It is much more likely that the usb connector broke on the cable than inside the ES100.

Yes I did. The first few connectors I tried didn't register anything on the ES100 when I plugged them in. I found one with a longer connector and that is the one that works "if I hold it in firmly at a certain angle". I am going to find some others to try as well though. Thanks.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #5,023 of 6,675
Yes I did. The first few connectors I tried didn't register anything on the ES100 when I plugged them in. I found one with a longer connector and that is the one that works "if I hold it in firmly at a certain angle". I am going to find some others to try as well though. Thanks.

Have you tried with soft new cheap teeth brush? I fixed several times similar issue with my old Samsung S6. There're electronic specific spray cleaners that you can try too. Anyway, try not to force it too much.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #5,024 of 6,675
Have you tried with soft new cheap teeth brush? I fixed several times similar issue with my old Samsung S6. There're electronic specific spray cleaners that you can try too. Anyway, try not to force it too much.

Good point! Over the years, I have "fixed" many electronics with USB chargers by simply by shining a flash light into the USB port and carefully removing whatever gunk has accumulated. Often a strong puff of air will remove said gunk. Please keep us posted, and cheers!

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #5,025 of 6,675
Good point! Over the years, I have "fixed" many electronics with USB chargers by simply by shining a flash light into the USB port and carefully removing whatever gunk has accumulated. Often a strong puff of air will remove said gunk. Please keep us posted, and cheers!

I don't use any light (I'm 45 and since 40 my sight is not too good). I simply clean it with care for about a couple of minutes (USB connector should be looking down, so any undesired particle falls outside the connector) and it does the job pretty well. Anyway, hope that it's only a dirt matter problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back