Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 14, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #4,981 of 6,675
Sorry, when you say you change sources, have you tried a direct wired connection, i.e. headphones connected directly to laptop with no bluetooth in the loop? When you are using bluetooth, have you tried changing the codec in the developer settings of an Android phone?
Yes, tried wired via usb to my laptop as well as using bluetooth. On the android phone, I did try changing the codecs around via developer tools (tried different bluetooth versions, aptx and ldac, etc)

Also tried changing every setting in the app just in case but the issue is still there.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #4,983 of 6,675
Yes, tried wired via usb to my laptop as well as using bluetooth. On the android phone, I did try changing the codecs around via developer tools (tried different bluetooth versions, aptx and ldac, etc)

Also tried changing every setting in the app just in case but the issue is still there.

Is the issue with the source file? Perhaps what you are hearing is supposed to be there.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #4,985 of 6,675
Try a factory reset.

Both "soft" (in app) and hard factory resets didn't fix it.

Is the issue with the source file? Perhaps what you are hearing is supposed to be there.

I initially wrote it off as that but it happens across a range of tracks, varying in how noticeable it is. It's the sort of sound I figure might be weirdly there in some electronic stuff I have but not something I'd expect in the jazz or even the metal I listen to (especially older stuff that wouldn't shove in hidden stuff like that). It definitely wasn't there the first few weeks with the ES100.

Guessing maybe I got a bad model, not that surprised with the cost, small warranty window is telling. When it was working flawlessly, I was happy with it as I was with the various wired portable options I've had over the years that have cost much more though. Going to give the Fiio Btr3 a go now (bonus points there for better warranty at least) before I give up and go back to wired set ups.

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #4,986 of 6,675
Anyone noticing a difference in quality when HD Jitter Cleaner is turned off? It may be me, but with the HD Jitter Cleaner off, the sound is better to me...
Seems like a slight veil lifted to me

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #4,989 of 6,675
Tbh I've never tried the two together single ended, balanced only. I can try it of course and let you know my findings but I'm on holiday right now so it would have to wait to the start of next week in that case...
Hey Peter,

Trust you had a great holiday.
Did you get a chance to compare volume levels yet on HD800S useing balanced vs standard stereo cable with ES100?

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #4,990 of 6,675
Líne out

Hello, I write from Spain. I bought the device. I need to know the settings to connect to a preamp. I have searched for it. I do not find anything definitive. The amps need 2V and the volume adjusted properly. Greetings.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #4,992 of 6,675
Hi,

Any recommendations for a short balanced cable with MMCX to use with ES100? Search did not bring up anything obvious.

Thanks

Asking Forzaaudioworks.com to make you one the length you want would be my recommendation.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #4,993 of 6,675
Interesting to see Radsone introduce an earphone. It is such a fiercely competitive market but they may have something unique to offer.

The ES200 is also miniature format (about the same size as ES100). Radsone showed a prototype at an audio show last year and posted photos on Facebook.

An "integrated amp" is usually for desktop usage and has an amp for driving loudspeakers. It is probably an integrated amp with Bluetooth as one of its inputs.

Hi, I'm thinking of picking up an ES100 but it sounds like the ES200 will be the same form factor? Do you think it's coming out soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back