Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #4,997 of 6,675
Screenshot_20190719-231217_Settings.jpg
when i use ldac on my phone it sounds in last time very soulless and weak when change aptx it get his dynamics and power back. this just happens whit my phone. whit the phone of my wife it works perfectly. any one know why ?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #4,999 of 6,675
ES100 on mass drop now for $79

Jul 20, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #5,004 of 6,675
I sent the following message to radsone via their website:

"Hello,

I purchased the ES100 from amazon.ca on Feb21/18. I have been a long time supporter on headfi and enjoyed discussions with wslee when he participated there (I am "waynes world").

My ES100 (firmware 2.0.2) turned off on it's own today. It was at about 30% charge. The power button would not get it started. When I plugged in a USB cable, it would flash blue and then nothing. If I hold in the USB cable firmly into the ES100, then it turns on and connects with my phone (Samsung S8 running android 9), but if I stop holding it in firmly, it turns off. Once today, after holding the cable in firmly for approx 10 minutes, it actually did stay turned on, and I was able to use it for a few hours (the power button worked for pausing etc, and I used the power button to turn it off). But now I can't get it to stay on unless I continue to firmly hold the usb cable in.

Any ideas?"

If anyone here has any ideas, please speaketh!

An addendum to the above is that when I did get it going, it turned off on it's own once because I the phone was not nearby for a while, and I then turned it on via the power button. So I thought "yippee, it seems like it's working again". So the problem doesn't have to do with the power button per se.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #5,005 of 6,675
Try to reset it - holding the volume + and - , together with the skip back and forward buttons (all four) for few seconds; or do factory reset from the Earstudio app menu.
If that does not help, try to re-flash with version 2.02.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #5,006 of 6,675
Try to reset it - holding the volume + and - , together with the skip back and forward buttons (all four) for few seconds; or do factory reset from the Earstudio app menu.
If that does not help, try to re-flash with version 2.02.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I already had re-flashed with version 2.02. Now I just tried the factory reset via the "holding all 4 keys" method. Still not working properly :frowning2:

Definitely seems to have to do with the usb connector. If I can hold it with proper pressure/angle and get it powered, it works. But 99% of the time when I release the pressure/angle, it turns off and the power button won't get it going again. But 1% of the time when I release the pressure/angle, it stays going and I can then disconnect the usb and it works fine, but only for a while.

So not looking good unfortunately.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #5,007 of 6,675
Hello, can you help me too? Settings for the best lineout sound and settings for direct sound to the headphones? Thank you.

I changed the Digital Filter to "Short Delay Slow Roll-Off" and that helped me get a better sound, at least for my Hidizs MS4 using the 2.5mm balanced output.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,009 of 6,675
20190723_191757-01.jpeg

DIY-shorten the cable on my ER4XR to make it more manageable wearing it with the ES100. i just looped the cable a few times and wrapped it with those self adhesive medical /tactical wrap. i wear them behind the neck like sportbands

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,010 of 6,675

DIY-shorten the cable on my ER4XR to make it more manageable wearing it with the ES100. i just looped the cable a few times and wrapped it with those self adhesive medical /tactical wrap. i wear them behind the neck like sportbands

Can I ask for your music style preferences? ER4XR + ES100 leads me to think that you listen to no hard rock or metal using that combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back