Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,277 of 6,675
If iems end up not working out for you, make sure you also check out earbuds. They have really come a long way in the last few years, and it's amazing what kind of sound you can get for under $100 with them. The thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/unread

Thanks for this. It took a little while, but I finally found a type and size of eartips that worked for me. I couldn't get on with silicone tips, but I found Comply's foam tips were both comfortable and provided a great seal.

May 29, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,278 of 6,675
I have to say I find the sound signature and tuning to be very similar to specifically the HD800S. In fact the Lyra II has a warmer vibe a lot like the HD650 as well. Of course both IEMs don’t have the soundstage or detail quite as much but I am really impressed with both.

They are hard to recommend at their respective price points but I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with the Andromedas. They may not be everyone’s cup of tea but only because some prefer coffee. They also have made an excellent pairing with the ES100 with every genre I throw at it. If I want a little more bass I can always EQ it in and it sounds great. Everything from classical, to classic rock, to hip hop, to pop sounds amazing on it with or without EQ.

I am very fond of the HD800S even though it may have sacrificed a hair more than I would have wanted it to from the high end to the low end. I also am a fan of the HD650’s for their warm silky, buttery chocolate sound. I am fond of the Andromedas and Lyra II in the same way. Im actually fearful of trying the Atlas because I’m sure I’ll like it and I’m just not ready to breakup with my Andromedas yet lol.

Thanks for this insight. It helped me in making my mind up. I placed an order for the Andromeda's this morning.

May 29, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,279 of 6,675
DSC04341.jpg IMG_1008.jpg
Thanks for this insight. It helped me in making my mind up. I placed an order for the Andromeda's this morning.

Awesome, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I do like Comply tips too and they might improve the bass for you if thats what you're after but I have come to like the Spiral Dots m/s for my Andromedas. You actually lose a little bass because they are very wide bore tips but you can eq a little in with the Earstudio app.

May 29, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,280 of 6,675
I’d like to see Earstudio do something like this but a bit more refined.

Found these on amazon and going to give them a go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077898Y4J/

Hoping I can double back on the wire to avoid having to buy a shorter cable with just a short run dangled down to plug into the es100.

I wonder if radsone could make a neckband version of the es100? Or something like the above that the es100 could clip onto?

May 29, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,281 of 6,675
Found these on amazon and going to give them a go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077898Y4J/

Hoping I can double back on the wire to avoid having to buy a shorter cable with just a short run dangled down to plug into the es100.

I wonder if radsone could make a neckband version of the es100? Or something like the above that the es100 could clip onto?

I'd definitely be interested in a next band style ES100 that I could plug any of my IEM's into.

May 31, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #1,284 of 6,675
So, I finally got the ES100 :)
The balanced cables are on the way. I understand, how through the android app, I can set the settings when connecting to my phone. But, how do I control the settings, when connecting to my laptop?

Also, based on what others have suggested in this thread, I have put HD Jitter Cleaner ON, DCT OFF, APTX HD, Buffer Length 7, Filter - Short Delay Sharp Roll Off, and oversampling rate 2x. (and 2x mode in 3.5 mm)
Does anything seem off, with this?? ( I know it is personal preference, but if you can suggest personal preferences it would be great)

May 31, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #1,285 of 6,675
So, I finally got the ES100 :)
The balanced cables are on the way. I understand, how through the android app, I can set the settings when connecting to my phone. But, how do I control the settings, when connecting to my laptop?

You still control the settings via the app on your phone.

May 31, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #1,286 of 6,675
You still control the settings via the app on your phone.

That's strange. When the ES100 is connected to my laptop, and then I try to go the Earstudio App, and do "Device Search", it says no "Paired Devices" found. So, I'm not able to control any of the ES100 settings, when it is paired with the laptop. Or does it work this way that, when you pair it with you phone, and then change the settings in the Earstudio App, the changed settings will apply for Laptop, and if you want to change the settings at a later time, you need to connect to your phone, change it again, and then repair with laptop or other device??

Also, would you mind checking the filter settings, that I have posted

May 31, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #1,287 of 6,675
That's strange. When the ES100 is connected to my laptop, and then I try to go the Earstudio App, and do "Device Search", it says no "Paired Devices" found. So, I'm not able to control any of the ES100 settings, when it is paired with the laptop. Or does it work this way that, when you pair it with you phone, and then change the settings in the Earstudio App, the changed settings will apply for Laptop, and if you want to change the settings at a later time, you need to connect to your phone, change it again, and then repair with laptop or other device??

Also, would you mind checking the filter settings, that I have posted

I was wrong. I see that I can't control anything via the phone app once the es100 is connected to my computer. Possibly the last settings apply when connected to computer, but I'm not sure. I will check out those filter settings when I can.

May 31, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #1,288 of 6,675
Try toggling your phones bt and/or restarting the earstudio app. Works for me

I was wrong. I see that I can't control anything via the phone app once the es100 is connected to my computer. Possibly the last settings apply when connected to computer, but I'm not sure. I will check out those filter settings when I can.

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #1,289 of 6,675
Try toggling your phones bt and/or restarting the earstudio app. Works for me

Thanks I should have tried that (since I was pretty sure it worked for me before).

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #1,290 of 6,675
Just spent almost 30 min updating this on MacOS, what a PITA.

My first mistake was not putting in the right pw so it didn't install HomeBrew which I didn't catch. Once I got that figured out, it wasn't too bad. I did have to move the FW folder from my desktop to the Downloads folder since I didn't know the command to access the folder on my desktop.

It's 2018, please step up your game Radsone, it shouldn't be this hard to update FW on a device of this caliber

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back