Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 19, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #871 of 6,675
You can order one from Venture Electronics:
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=16
The order form has specific lengths, but actually the cables are all custom made to order, and you can tell them the exact length you want.

^^
I've ordered a 50cm mmcx to 2.5mm balanced cable from them. The cost was $29 including e-packet shipping to Norway. You just need to contact them in advance about the length if it's not listed in the menu.

My cable is in transit now but I'll post some pictures og it when it arrives.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #872 of 6,675
^^
I've ordered a 50cm mmcx to 2.5mm balanced cable from them. The cost was $29 including e-packet shipping to Norway. You just need to contact them in advance about the length if it's not listed in the menu.

My cable is in transit now but I'll post some pictures og it when it arrives.

Looking forward to your impressions. Which wire did you get?

I want the wire flexible, and preferably black.

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #873 of 6,675
Looking forward to your impressions. Which wire did you get?

I want the wire flexible, and preferably black.

This is what I ordered (just asked for 50 cm in advance and they promised to fix it):

Screenshot_20180419-185846_Chrome.jpg

I'm not sure how the cable will be but I'm looking for the same that you do. I'll let you know when it arrives. I one ordered the Litz cable for my LZ Big Dipper and it's pretty stiff and nothing I'd really recommend for IEM's (especially not over the ear wearing style)....

I'm not sure the one I've bought is black though ha ha

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #874 of 6,675
This is what I ordered (just asked for 50 cm in advance and they promised to fix it):

I'm not sure how the cable will be but I'm looking for the same that you do. I'll let you know when it arrives. I one ordered the Litz cable for my LZ Big Dipper and it's pretty stiff and nothing I'd really recommend for IEM's (especially not over the ear wearing style)....

I'm not sure the one I've bought is black though ha ha

Thanks! I had that one locked and loaded because I figured the spc cable would be what I'm looking for, but waffled due to not being sure about the cable color. We will find out soon when yours arrives! (I'm gonna email them as well about it).

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #875 of 6,675
Thanks! I had that one locked and loaded because I figured the spc cable would be what I'm looking for, but waffled due to not being sure about the cable color. We will find out soon when yours arrives! (I'm gonna email them as well about it).

do you guys have a sense of which cable would be the softest/most flexible? i plan to use with over the ear IEMs.

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #876 of 6,675
do you guys have a sense of which cable would be the softest/most flexible? i plan to use with over the ear IEMs.

That's what I'm looking for as well so I hope it's the one I've bought :wink:

I'm not sure though but we should know sometime next week...

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #877 of 6,675
Amazingly enough it seems as if my package with the cable from VE is already in Norway. It was posted in Shenyang this Monday, that's extremely fast for a cheap freight option (e-packet). With some luck I'll have it already tomorrow but definitely not later than Monday.

Edit:
Oops I almost forgot, got this balanced cable for the HD569 and HD598 today:

20180419_224837.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #878 of 6,675
I have encountered an issue with my EarStudio since the last two updates. I am still running 1.17 but have reinstalled the latest app. While I can connect and play OK, whenever I attempt to access the output page to select balanced or SE or one of the options, that page is greyed out and when I attempt to go back to a previous page via the arrow at the upper left, the app always stops. I can only surmise that this has something to do with the newer firmwares or app version, but this has persisted everytime I have attempted to use my ES recently. It does show the choices for the new firmware and does connect OK but I am stuck on my last output setting prior to this issue appearing.
As I am away from home, I can't update my firmware to v.1.19 at the present time, but will give it a try when I return home.

I've delivered your issue to our team.
Let us check the issue shortly.
Can I have your smartphone model?
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #879 of 6,675
Amazingly enough it seems as if my package with the cable from VE is already in Norway. It was posted in Shenyang this Monday, that's extremely fast for a cheap freight option (e-packet). With some luck I'll have it already tomorrow but definitely not later than Monday.

Cool! Btw, the spc is silver (according to VE).

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #880 of 6,675
Cool! Btw, the spc is silver (according to VE).

Spc cable is very springy. I have a spc cable VE monk lite. Didn’t like the cable material.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #881 of 6,675
Spc cable is very springy. I have a spc cable VE monk lite. Didn’t like the cable material.

Ah, that's bad news for me. Seems as if the only flexible option they've got then is the Espresso. That's really a shame since it doesn't exactly work well aesthetically with many things.....

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #882 of 6,675

Hmm, looking for black and flexible. Something tells me that "silver and springy" might not be what I'm looking for lol

Ah, that's bad news for me. Seems as if the only flexible option they've got then is the Espresso. That's really a shame since it doesn't exactly work well aesthetically with many things.....

Yes. Lee/VE should start providing a black/flexible cable - they would sell a lot of them I think.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #883 of 6,675
Some questions:

1. When will it be available in Europe?

2. How fast can you recharge the battery?

3. Is it easy to replace the battery once its finally needed?

4. Short cable recommendation ( MMCX ) which ships from Europe.

5. Would it be possible to implemente LDAC in a future update, since it will be the main Blutetooth codect for Androids in the near future.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #884 of 6,675
Is there any possibility of adding the ability to disable buttons via the app? For instance disabling the volume or next/previous buttons.

Not a big deal obviously but I think it would be a cool feature. Sometimes I trigger a button when trying to pull it out of a pocket, bag, etc. and it can be slightly annoying.

@wslee

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #885 of 6,675
Hmm, looking for black and flexible. Something tells me that "silver and springy" might not be what I'm looking for lol

Yes. Lee/VE should start providing a black/flexible cable - they would sell a lot of them I think.

you should be able to just buy the standard black litz cable. it should be thin braided black wire. i have one coming in the mail soon, though its not short.

For example: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/56866

If you search aliexpress, you should find a bunch of them...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/diy...f08b-4bdf-ab7b-58d108a296df&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rep...bb67-4b0a-9d76-d25d929f0be7&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/diy...bb67-4b0a-9d76-d25d929f0be7&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...SB_20180420200220&SearchText=short+mmcx+cable

making one yourself isnt too hard either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back