Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 22, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #1,233 of 6,675
What kind of flaw?
Worked fine and sounded excellent for an hour, but I kept getting firmware update required mssg, so I did update . It then worked fine for another 30 mins before the left channel on 3.5 side packed up altogether. :frowning2:

May 22, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #1,234 of 6,675
Hey all — possibly a dumb question but I am curious, if I am using this with a Balanced connection to my earphones, is the “quality” that is hitting my ears via the Bluetooth AAC better than if I was wired via the Apple adapter dongle?

I’m curious more from a technical standpoint if the power via Balanced Bluetooth would make up for the wireless versus wired, if that makes any sense?

May 22, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,235 of 6,675
Hey all — possibly a dumb question but I am curious, if I am using this with a Balanced connection to my earphones, is the “quality” that is hitting my ears via the Bluetooth AAC better than if I was wired via the Apple adapter dongle?

I’m curious more from a technical standpoint if the power via Balanced Bluetooth would make up for the wireless versus wired, if that makes any sense?
Hmm, I have to say for my ears the Balanced through bluetooth is at least as good as wired through the Apple dongle with my Andromeda's.

May 22, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #1,236 of 6,675
@X-Frame

I agree with @Coconut Wireles, my Andros sound excellent through the balanced 2.5mm and having the option to eq is even better.

May 22, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #1,237 of 6,675
Just got my balanced cable yesterday (Penon 2.5-3.5). Sound seems fuller with it (Trinity Icarus III). I have no real interest in doing an A-B serious comparison. I now have a short cable to use with the Radsone on a shirt clip. Perfect.

May 22, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #1,238 of 6,675
Worked fine and sounded excellent for an hour, but I kept getting firmware update required mssg, so I did update . It then worked fine for another 30 mins before the left channel on 3.5 side packed up altogether. :frowning2:
Hi, sorry to hear about your ES100, just wanted to ask one question, did you lock the audio output to 3.5 assuming you're using the 3.5mm jack all the time? Thanks!

May 22, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #1,239 of 6,675

So sorry about that.
It seems that the unit has a H/W issue.
As we shipped a new one, and I hope you would enjoy it without any further problem.
Thanks for your patience!
WS

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #1,241 of 6,675
Hi, sorry to hear about your ES100, just wanted to ask one question, did you lock the audio output to 3.5 assuming you're using the 3.5mm jack all the time? Thanks!

The reason for the output lock?
As I have 3.5 and 2.5 ear/headphones would there be an advantage?

May 23, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #1,243 of 6,675
@Radsone team
I have an issue. When I charge the ES100, the unit turn on and connect to phone, I don't use ES100 when charging, so I have to manually turn off unit or turn off Bluetooth in my phone. It cause inconvenience every time I charge ES100. Any way to solve this issue? Tks

May 23, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #1,244 of 6,675
@Radsone team
I have an issue. When I charge the ES100, the unit turn on and connect to phone, I don't use ES100 when charging, so I have to manually turn off unit or turn off Bluetooth in my phone. It cause inconvenience every time I charge ES100. Any way to solve this issue? Tks

In the app press on the green bar and turn on “power off when charger connected”

May 23, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #1,245 of 6,675
If you unplug a cable with the unit on and output not locked it can be damaged in the way you experienced.

Thanks for the heads up about that then. As I’d only just got it and hadn’t really had time to go through the settings as such, just to have a quick listen, charge and update it. Never got round to any other buds or ‘phones balanced or 3.5.
Just as well that I didn’t unplug my earbuds that I was testing it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back