Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 10, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #1,081 of 6,675
I am really on the lookout for a bluetooth receiver as my smartphones (S7 Edge Exynos, OP5 etc.] tend to always have worse SQ compared to a good wireless receiver (based on my experience with CS8645 based bluetooth cables). ES100 really caught my attention, and I have spent a quite a lot of time, trying to read through most of the 70+ pages, and understand the general feedback about this device.

Please don't take any offense. But, would really appreciate inputs from the community on what differentiates this from some recent DAPs that also support wireless (including LDAC support) such as:
1. Shanling M0 - 99 USD DAP, which is also pretty small with ESS9218P (no idea how this compares with dual AK4375, but quad ESS9218P which LG V20 has is slightly better wired, as mentioned in the thread ealrier).This has USB dac plus LDAC wireless music support

I understand, it would not have the mic capabilities, which would be helpful especially if the mic quality is very good. (but then, most of my cables are having mic, so not much of a problem for me - I understand mic doens't work if i plug in cables having mic).

Please note I prefer playing via bluetooth from my smartphone, as most of my music is played from not just tidal but also amazon music, as there is a lot of regional music missing in Tidal. So, looking only for a wireless receiver actually, but then a friend suggested why not DAPs with wireless receiver, if they have similar good/better wireless SQ. I am looking for a small receiver ideally which can be worn on the shirt or so , with very good connection, good enough DAC (Amp doens't matter as much as it is mostly sensitive IEMs that I have), to have a better performance than my smartphones. USB DAC etc, is a plus, but not required as I already have a good home setup that i'm happy with.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #1,083 of 6,675
The Tech World moves pretty fast today.

I was asking @wslee because I figured they would know; And not have to guess at what Radsone Marketing is planning. It's up to them if they want to answer. For me, the ES100 has demonstrated that they could deliver something even better.
I agree with everything you said, just pointing out that an answer is probably unlikely. Considering how unknown the ES100 seems to be, I don't know that they're already working on the sequel even if I'm already looking forward to it.

May 10, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #1,085 of 6,675
I agree with everything you said, just pointing out that an answer is probably unlikely. Considering how unknown the ES100 seems to be, I don't know that they're already working on the sequel even if I'm already looking forward to it.
Being sold out on Amazon is far from being unknown.

Hats off to Radsone for being so successful so quickly!

Edit: They finally have inventory back on Amazon

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #1,086 of 6,675
The Tech World moves pretty fast today.

I was asking @wslee because I figured they would know; And not have to guess at what Radsone Marketing is planning. It's up to them if they want to answer. For me, the ES100 has demonstrated that they could deliver something even better.
I don't think they wanna pull an "empire ears" and show ppl they have something great coming.... People would just wait for the new product to come out and not buy the old one (exactly what happened to empire ears when they showed of prototypes).

May 10, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #1,087 of 6,675
Being sold out on Amazon is far from being unknown.

Hats off to Radsone for being so successful so quickly!

Edit: They finally have inventory back on Amazon
Being sold out on Amazon isn't a consistent indicator of a products saturation into the market. Everyone I know that is even interested in audio or part of the community has never heard of the ES100 until I show it to them. There is no doubt that people know of the ES100, I mean it's on kickstarter and it is selling on Amazon but I'd still say it is fairly unknown, especially considering how great this little device is.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #1,088 of 6,675
I don't think they wanna pull an "empire ears" and show ppl they have something great coming.... People would just wait for the new product to come out and not buy the old one (exactly what happened to empire ears when they showed of prototypes).
Exactly.

People want to know that when they invest in a product, that it will have a lot of support from the company which Radsone is doing very well here. As soon as anyone has any inkling that a new one is going to be even announced, sales can dry up for their current product which can hurt development of anything newer they might be working on.

May 10, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #1,089 of 6,675
Exactly.

People want to know that when they invest in a product, that it will have a lot of support from the company which Radsone is doing very well here. As soon as anyone has any inkling that a new one is going to be even announced, sales can dry up for their current product which can hurt development of anything newer they might be working on.

I think the support from Radsone here has been nothing but fantastic. They seem to address most of our issues and requests in firmware and software updates constantly which is reallly nice to see not to mention the quality technical responses.

I am very happy with this device and find myself using it even at home often despite having much more expensive dacs and amps around. I'm very impressed at how well BT audio sounds on this device. It's a significant improvement over everything else I've tried and I've tried quite a bit of BT adapter devices.

May 11, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,090 of 6,675
Lol! With the reasoning here every company would only be selling one product, thankfully that's not the case :wink:

The ES100 is an extremely portable and excellent performing budget item. Of course it would make sense for Radsone to have higher end products as well. What about a desktop or portable (but bigger and better performing) amp/dac that also supports Bluetooth? Or that doesn't support Bluetooth for that matter ....

I'm sure the size of the ES100 will be limiting the performance in some ways (although for its intended purposes it's perfect) and I know that I use more devices than just this one so in my opinion it would be a good move to release some more items while riding the wave from the ES100. Just my 2c.....

May 11, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #1,091 of 6,675
the ES100 is an extremely portable and excellent performing budget item. Of course it would make sense for Radsone to have higher end products as well. What about a desktop or portable (but bigger and better performing) amp/dac that also supports Bluetooth? Or that doesn't support Bluetooth for that matter ..../QUOTE]

Like I mentioned before. They already have one... The airDAC AD200, came out before the ES100.

Check it out here:

radsone.com [HW/SW Products]

and

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/03/radsone-airdac-ad-200-review.html?m=1

May 11, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #1,095 of 6,675
Who knows constant delays mean I’ve given up waiting and moved on, why they couldn’t have just arranged international shipping with their current providers is beyond me so I’m out. May pick one up second hand on eBay when they are available in Europe and cheap.
I really want one so I've bought one from eBay 2 days ago to ship to Hong Kong. Estimated delivery date of 16 May to 23 May. Hope it arrives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back