Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 21, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #6,482 of 6,675
My first and only ES100 is still going strong, though it serves fairly light duties.

The HEADPHONE Show recently posted a video, iFi Go Blu vs Fiio BTR5 vs Qudelix 5K vs Radsone ES100 - One of these blew my mind. Spoiler: the one was what could have been the ES200.
the Qudelix is indeed a solid and good sounding product.. the only problem that i have with it is that weird button positioning...i wish they offset the position a little bit so it's easier to tell which one is which just by touch.

other problem is that my indiegogo era ES100 is still alive and kicking, so i don't have a reason yet to replace it

Dec 25, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #6,484 of 6,675
Just got one of these for xmas and was looking to update it. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the instructions to get into DFU mode for the firmware upgrade and also where to download the latest firmware. Both of the links for these are broken on the Earsound website.

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #6,485 of 6,675
Just got one of these for xmas and was looking to update it. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the instructions to get into DFU mode for the firmware upgrade and also where to download the latest firmware. Both of the links for these are broken on the Earsound website.
Maybe email customer support and ask for the firmware update file. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Jan 1, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #6,489 of 6,675
HNY everyone

Good to see a dedicated es100 thread, lots of useful info, thanks.

I got an es100 to enjoy a new set of iems, I'm desperate to get the radstone earstudio app to work on my S21 ultra android 12. I paired the es100 first ok, I'm downloading the app from the play store, it opens to the logo screen then just shuts down straight away.

In the app reviews I can see users having trouble with the same thing from 6 months ago, the last app update was jan 2019.

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned it here (as far as i can find), has anyone experienced this on an Android phone and found a work around?

I've tried uninstall, reinstall, reboot a few times.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #6,490 of 6,675
HNY everyone

Good to see a dedicated es100 thread, lots of useful info, thanks.

I got an es100 to enjoy a new set of iems, I'm desperate to get the radstone earstudio app to work on my S21 ultra android 12. I paired the es100 first ok, I'm downloading the app from the play store, it opens to the logo screen then just shuts down straight away.

In the app reviews I can see users having trouble with the same thing from 6 months ago, the last app update was jan 2019.

I'm surprised no one has really mentioned it here (as far as i can find), has anyone experienced this on an Android phone and found a work around?

I've tried uninstall, reinstall, reboot a few times.
Does the app shutdown both when ES100 is connected and disconnected?
If so, looks like the app is not compatible with your smartphone - it probably doesn't support Android 12.
If it only crashes when ES100 is connected, your ES100 might be the culprit.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #6,491 of 6,675
Does the app shutdown both when ES100 is connected and disconnected?
If so, looks like the app is not compatible with your smartphone - it probably doesn't support Android 12.
If it only crashes when ES100 is connected, your ES100 might be the culprit.
Hey BenF thanks for your help, I did think that and tried opening it with our without being connected, but I get the same app closing response.

Can the app open without anything being connected ok?

I'll dig out an old phone and check if it works on earlier Android version, that could it then.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #6,492 of 6,675
Hey BenF thanks for your help, I did think that and tried opening it with our without being connected, but I get the same app closing response.

Can the app open without anything being connected ok?

I'll dig out an old phone and check if it works on earlier Android version, that could it then.
Yes, the app should open fine without ES100 connected - it does so on my phone (Android 11).

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #6,493 of 6,675
Yes, the app should open fine without ES100 connected - it does so on my phone (Android 11).
If I can connect the es100 to a phone the app works on and adapt the settings, eq etc. I wonder if the es100 will retain the settings when connecting to a different phone without the app or not. Well, I'll try it out anyway.

Jan 2, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #6,494 of 6,675
If I can connect the es100 to a phone the app works on and adapt the settings, eq etc. I wonder if the es100 will retain the settings when connecting to a different phone without the app or not. Well, I'll try it out anyway.
It should retain the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back