Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 28, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #6,061 of 6,675
Pink Floyd (Pulse live album) + ES100 + Blon BL03(with a little EQ) = awesomeness.
The ES100 really makes the BL-03 sing. I find it strange how much the sound from such a cheap IEM improves going from my laptop onboard audio which usually sounds acceptable, to a quality source like the ES100.

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #6,063 of 6,675
The ES100 really makes the BL-03 sing. I find it strange how much the sound from such a cheap IEM improves going from my laptop onboard audio which usually sounds acceptable, to a quality source like the ES100.

Agreed. The Blon with the ES100 is a match made in heaven.

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #6,064 of 6,675
Can anyone help me, I'll try to explain what's happening.
it happened 2 days ago, ES100 connects to my phone but there is no sound SE or bal. I tried everything restarted ES100 and BT couple of times,... Nothing helped. Battery was good I just charged it so I figured I'll let it play and charge it again.... In the meantime while I was doing something else I barely heard sound from my IEMs, sound came back on its own? I didn't touch it I just let the music play without sound, that was balanced. Ok I thought it was a glitch, then tried SE again and it doesn't work, switch to bal again and nothing. Same process again nothing helps. Untill I restarted phone now bal is working again.
Today I pick it up again I figure SE chip might be dead so I connect it balanced not working... I restart my phone now balanced is working again.
I'm not sure what is wrong. Just to note all this time i pay attention to the radsone app and switch between SE and bal.
So now as I'm writing this ES100 works but it wasn't until I restarted my phone.
Also I had it connected via BT to my laptop few times before it worked fine but yesterday no.
I know it's confusing but I hope someone will know what's wrong and have solution.
Thanks

BTW what makes it worse my BTR5 had been stolen recently, I ordered new one but under the circumstances shipping is sloooow.

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #6,065 of 6,675
Can anyone help me, I'll try to explain what's happening.
it happened 2 days ago, ES100 connects to my phone but there is no sound SE or bal. I tried everything restarted ES100 and BT couple of times,... Nothing helped. Battery was good I just charged it so I figured I'll let it play and charge it again.... In the meantime while I was doing something else I barely heard sound from my IEMs, sound came back on its own? I didn't touch it I just let the music play without sound, that was balanced. Ok I thought it was a glitch, then tried SE again and it doesn't work, switch to bal again and nothing. Same process again nothing helps. Untill I restarted phone now bal is working again.
Today I pick it up again I figure SE chip might be dead so I connect it balanced not working... I restart my phone now balanced is working again.
I'm not sure what is wrong. Just to note all this time i pay attention to the radsone app and switch between SE and bal.
So now as I'm writing this ES100 works but it wasn't until I restarted my phone.
Also I had it connected via BT to my laptop few times before it worked fine but yesterday no.
I know it's confusing but I hope someone will know what's wrong and have solution.
Thanks

BTW what makes it worse my BTR5 had been stolen recently, I ordered new one but under the circumstances shipping is sloooow.
I suggest you make sure you have output lock on and you're using the correct connection. Other than that, sounds like something that would need physical troubleshooting.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #6,066 of 6,675
I double check the lock always when i switch between SE and bal, that's not it.

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #6,067 of 6,675
Agreed. The Blon with the ES100 is a match made in heaven.

It's especially awesome with a cable like this:
IMG_20200217_145430__01.jpg

I just got the Tin HiFi T4 yesterday and I'm not sure I like it more than the Blon BL03 or not yet. The T4 does work better with this particular cable though.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #6,068 of 6,675
I know it's idiotic, but have you checked volume levels on phone and ES100, and looked in the ES100 app to make sure it's connected to only 1 device and input says some codec? You might also try connecting it to your phone and make a test call to see if call mode works. I've had various sorts of derp-up happen over time. Bluetooth is rather error-prone on its own, and having a device that auto-switches between multiple sources and has its own separate volume control complicates things further.

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #6,069 of 6,675
I know it's idiotic, but have you checked volume levels on phone and ES100, and looked in the ES100 app to make sure it's connected to only 1 device and input says some codec? You might also try connecting it to your phone and make a test call to see if call mode works. I've had various sorts of derp-up happen over time. Bluetooth is rather error-prone on its own, and having a device that auto-switches between multiple sources and has its own separate volume control complicates things further.

LOL, yes I know it can happen. But not this time, I checked everything, phone and BTR5 volume level, connection, input source....
I'm guessing something broke when switching imputs, as it is now balanced works fine and SE not.

Apr 7, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #6,071 of 6,675
After a long while of abandoning my es100, for the btr5, I did return to it. Boy, I did miss that sound signature , especially with a small eq bend around the sub-bass area. My btr5, goes now for a long sleep in the drawer.

Using LDAC 660 or 990, UAPP. Streamig Tidal hifi.
IEMs: se846, fh7.

Edit: in order to reduce stuttering on 660/990 LDAC, try removing multi-point bluetooth option (in the app). Try remainig wIth a single BT device there.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #6,072 of 6,675
After a long while of abandoning my es100, for the btr5, I did return to it. Boy, I did miss that sound signature , especially with a small eq bend around the sub-bass area. My btr5, goes now for a long sleep in the drawer.

Edit: in order to reduce stuttering on 660/990 LDAC, try removing multi-point bluetooth option (in the app). Try remainig wIth a single BT device there.
That's the biggest strength of the ES100...the killer App. If you want to EQ, the ES100 is the way to go. FiiO needs to work on their App and seamless integration with the BTR5. The ES100 and it's App are like two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #6,073 of 6,675
So much this. I'm tempted to get a Shanling UP4 for its better selection of USB modes and hopefully lack of that annoying little fade-in at the start of each track. But the ES100 just sounds so danged good and has so much nice stuff in its app.

By the way, I think I've found a way to work around the fade-in at the start of tracks: use Audacity or similar to create a file with many hours of silence and leave that playing in the background in another player. This will force Windows to use the ES100 in shared mode and keep it open as your real music player advances from one track to the next. The ES100 never sees the audio input stop, so it never fades out or in.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #6,074 of 6,675

I've had to turn off the bluetooth on my iPhone when it's near the ES100 if I have it paired with my HiBy R6 Pro. Even if the iPhone is not connected to the ES100 I get loud static and noise

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #6,075 of 6,675
Atm I have ES100 and BTR5, and previously I had BTR3. On all 3 I noticed very different sound signature compared to 3.5mm phone jack. Phone is Huawei Mate 9 and the biggest difference is in the lows, sub and mid bass are significantly recessed on all 3. Since I have noticeable background noise with 3.5 jack and my sensitive and most used iems (S8F) I never use it... But today I accidentally I plugged BA5 into 3.5 jack and turned them into I cannot say bass cannons but very punchy V. Which was very weird BA5 doesn't graph as a V but I enjoyed it so much now I can't wait to listen more and more... Now pluging S8F into 3.5 makes them almost boomy in bass department. I would say there is a certainly at least 3-4 db difference. I haven't tested any other phone but mine, but I'm very interested how LG V series sounds as I'm considering V60 when it shows up in Europe.
Anyone else noticed this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back