Radsone EarStudio ES100
Nov 8, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #3,226 of 6,675
I noticed that the "Partial charging" battery setting was reset after the firmware update. If you use this setting, change it manually after updating firmware.

Firmware updating is an area that Radsone could improve. It should not be necessary to open a command line, or even to unzip a file. The firmware could be packaged into an installer such as InstallShield on Windows or a .pkg file on Mac, and the installer can run the necessary steps to install firmware. The installer can also guide the user through all of the steps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_installation_software

Ideally, firmware would be packaged into the EarStudio app, and updates performed by EarStudio over bluetooth.
The only annoyance I have with the updating is getting it into the update mode, its took me over 5 min to get it to connect so I can update it the other day. The manual says it doesn't matter how long I'm holding power button for but I find the opposite lol. Then bc I'm on Mac I have to do a bunch of retitling so it's in the right folder for the Terminal to find it

i think i don't mind the PC update because it's not like an every week thing. Of course app update is vastly preferred, still, not a big deal.
I'm still in the middle of comparing ES100 and Shanling M0. After the update, personally I don't see Shanling M0 getting more advantages over this.
Too bad Shanling M0 BT receiver mode battery is too bad despite of the larger battery. ES100 can last 13hrs comfortably and way lighter.

Anyone else that have both can verify the battery run time b/t these 2 devices please?

P/s: new update amazes me. I didn't know they can add support for BT 5.0. Always thought that's a hardware thing.

I just got the M0 the other day, I prefer the more solid build on that but of course that means its also heavier. Have to spend another $15 for the clip accessory sucks. It lacks 2.5 but does sound really good out of the 3.5 using an iBasso 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. Barely tested the LDAC streaming briefly last night and it was solid. The most cumbersome part of the M0 is having to turn on the screen just to change the track (not in BT mode of course) and on top of that the touch UI is not good at all (latest FW updated).

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #3,227 of 6,675
The only annoyance I have with the updating is getting it into the update mode, its took me over 5 min to get it to connect so I can update it the other day. The manual says it doesn't matter how long I'm holding power button for but I find the opposite lol. Then bc I'm on Mac I have to do a bunch of retitling so it's in the right folder for the Terminal to find it

I just got the M0 the other day, I prefer the more solid build on that but of course that means its also heavier. Have to spend another $15 for the clip accessory sucks. It lacks 2.5 but does sound really good out of the 3.5 using an iBasso 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. Barely tested the LDAC streaming briefly last night and it was solid. The most cumbersome part of the M0 is having to turn on the screen just to change the track (not in BT mode of course) and on top of that the touch UI is not good at all (latest FW updated).

can't you change the track with double click and triple click (latest firmware)? The battery on LDAC (any mode) is pretty bad. I mean....it does last around 6-8hrs but that's not enough for my usage. ES100 gives 13hrs on aptX.
For me, if i have to charge it in the middle of the day, I might as well just go use true-wireless earbuds; but I love my T8Ei so....

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #3,229 of 6,675
It's not resetting. It doesn't even connect to the PC properly anymore. One good thing is that Radsone was very prompt in sending a replacement unit. I'm sending my old unit back to Radsone for them to inspect.
Great, I hope the new one works out

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #3,230 of 6,675
can't you change the track with double click and triple click (latest firmware)? The battery on LDAC (any mode) is pretty bad. I mean....it does last around 6-8hrs but that's not enough for my usage. ES100 gives 13hrs on aptX.
For me, if i have to charge it in the middle of the day, I might as well just go use true-wireless earbuds; but I love my T8Ei so....
Wasn't aware of that, will have to check that out.

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #3,231 of 6,675
Am I correct in saying that on a non-Huawei phone, LHDC would not be possible when streaming Tidal (ie when not playing music through the Fiio Music Player app)?
That's correct. The FiiO Music app can only apply LHDC-HWA to what it's playing; it doesn't have authority to affect other audio on the phone.

It's possible for a music app to support Tidal using the Tidal developer API, but full functionality would be almost like writing an entire Tidal player — log in the user, read the user's playlists and favorites, pull music streams from the Tidal server, etc. The opposite approach is to convince Tidal to support LHDC-HWA in their Android app.

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #3,232 of 6,675
Is there any update when is the es200 gonna be released?

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #3,234 of 6,675
ES200 was mentioned on Facebook but I believe it was a different format and only for desk use.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #3,237 of 6,675
Hi, apologies - it was a bad choice or phrase maybe coupled with the context being fine in my head and not translating to a forum post.
I absolutely agree that there is nothing at all wrong with making the firmware updater more accessible to everyone by wrapping it up in a GUI
My point was more that if Radsome have to choose where to put their development efforts i would have them put it into the ongoing enhancement of the product and app
Similarly, developing a high quality app for both Android & iOS is a significant undertaking and i could see this consuming a lot of their dev-time if they're a smaller operation.

Maybe they didn't consider that they would be updating the firmware so often so didn't think to do a gui'd app .... maybe they've reach that cross-over where ongoing support of the product and assuming future products when/if they release a 'mark2' then getting a flexible app now or supporting OTA would be worth while.

No machismo here :) All good
Yeah I totally see your point.

I know the crowd on here is much better than what I’m used to elsewhere but I am still projecting sometimes, sorry!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #3,239 of 6,675
Just updated on the Mac. Took about 30 secs. I don't see why folk find it a chore. Sure, OTA updates would be nice, but still. Power on and keep holding the power button down, connect to USB, let go. No lights flash.

Go to firmware folder, copy previously edited run_macOS.sh from last update into macOS folder in firmware. Run that from terminal. Done.

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #3,240 of 6,675
What does the increased EQ filter precision do in new firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back