Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 19, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #2,192 of 6,675
It's a shame this doesn't have sound link. I like to control volume with my apple watch.
If you change volume on Apple Watch, doesn't it affect any connected Bluetooth device (including ES100)?

I don't have Apple Watch and didn't know what SoundLink is. Google says SoundLink is something on Bose products. How is it related to ES100?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,193 of 6,675
Meant volume sync.

Aug 19, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,194 of 6,675
Would you say a mobile phone connected to Fiio Q5 Mark II sounds louder and better than connected to ES100 for Athm50x?

You will probably blow your ears out before maxing out volume on either of these devices with that headphone. It's been a long time since I've listened to it admittedly but I believe those are very sensitive headphones.

Aug 20, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #2,196 of 6,675
Rkw it is well documented in this thread and the Fiiio BTR3 thread that both devices opted not to give volume sync as an option. You don't know what you are talking about so why jump in with a comment like the above?

With volume sync iOS pumps out full volume from the source and volume adjustments are made to the Bluetooth device itself. This is how my Sony MDR1000x interact with my iPhone.

The ES100 and BTR3 both skip this feature, the volume on the BT device and the source can be set independently. This means that adjusting the volume on the phone has a destructive impact on the audio as it is made digitally before the AAC transmission rather than after it's been decoded on the BT device. For optimum sound you need to set the volume to max on source then control it with the device. This is how it behaves in my car for example and there's a clear drop in audio quality if the source isn't at max volume, making the source thin and tinny.

It's a disappointing ommision as the vast majority of current BT devices support this feature. It means that any attempt to adjust volume with the source impacts sound quality so you need to run that at max, doesn't matter if it's iPhone or Android, and adjust.volume on the device. Unless you don't mind thinning out your sound.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #2,197 of 6,675
Rkw it is well documented in this thread and the Fiiio BTR3 thread that both devices opted not to give volume sync as an option. You don't know what you are talking about so why jump in with a comment like the above?

With volume sync iOS pumps out full volume from the source and volume adjustments are made to the Bluetooth device itself. This is how my Sony MDR1000x interact with my iPhone.

The ES100 and BTR3 both skip this feature, the volume on the BT device and the source can be set independently. This means that adjusting the volume on the phone has a destructive impact on the audio as it is made digitally before the AAC transmission rather than after it's been decoded on the BT device. For optimum sound you need to set the volume to max on source then control it with the device. This is how it behaves in my car for example and there's a clear drop in audio quality if the source isn't at max volume, making the source thin and tinny.

It's a disappointing ommision as the vast majority of current BT devices support this feature. It means that any attempt to adjust volume with the source impacts sound quality so you need to run that at max, doesn't matter if it's iPhone or Android, and adjust.volume on the device. Unless you don't mind thinning out your sound.
Radsone explained this - volume sync allows only about 15 steps, and they want to support a lot more.
Users here suggested users will set max volume and the 15 steps will be up to that, but I don’t know if that is doable.

Aug 20, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #2,198 of 6,675
And yet if you use the iPhone slider or apple watch volume sync gives much more granularity than 15 steps. Also discussed in both threads. I don't understand why it's not a toggle option in the settings. It's the one thing holding me back from a purchase.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #2,201 of 6,675
This little device is simply incredible. I’ve been using it for the last 3 months and it’s changed audio for me completely. Running the Tin Audio T2 through a silver balanced cable is purely ecstatic. It also drives my HD 58X pretty well, as far as I know.

I just wanted to ask you guys if the ES100 is capable of adequately driving the HD 600. I have a balanced cable for the Sennheisers, but I’m not sure if I should buy the HD 600 if the ES100 would have trouble driving them.

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2,202 of 6,675
This little device is simply incredible. I’ve been using it for the last 3 months and it’s changed audio for me completely. Running the Tin Audio T2 through a silver balanced cable is purely ecstatic. It also drives my HD 58X pretty well, as far as I know.

I just wanted to ask you guys if the ES100 is capable of adequately driving the HD 600. I have a balanced cable for the Sennheisers, but I’m not sure if I should buy the HD 600 if the ES100 would have trouble driving them.

Hey since you got M0 and es100, which has better SQ?

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #2,203 of 6,675
Hey since you got M0 and es100, which has better SQ?
I actually can’t decide which I like better. The ES100 has a much better portability factor along with more options (3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced + the app), but the M0 has the ability to use alone without Bluetooth because it’s a DAP. From a purely sound quality perspective, I think it depends on your use cases and IEMs/headphones. The M0 sounds very good with BA IEMs because of its super low output impedance and is lossless when not using Bluetooth. The ES100 is perfect for more power-hungry stuff like my HD 58X. They sound a good deal better than the M0 if you’re comparing the Bluetooth audio quality of both; but the M0 might sound better if you’re using it as a DAP without Bluetooth. Me personally, I use Spotify and Tidal a lot, so the ES100 wins in that regard.

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,205 of 6,675
Read that M0 uses the ESS DAC even for Bluetooth data, but not sure about it. Unfortunately ES100 is not available in my country, only the BTR3 and M0 are my options. But if the SQ is a big difference will try importing from Amazon
If the ES100 isn’t available in your area, then the M0 is a great alternative. They’re both very good and capable devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back