radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready
Aug 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #121 of 128
Quote:
I think saying they're the biggest bang for the buck is way out of hand. I agree that they're overpriced, there's a reason why people pay way more attention to the GR07 and EX600.

Couldn't agree more. With in-ears like the EX600 and GR07 readily available at under $200, they almost exclusively reserve that title IMO, at least of all the in-ears I've owned.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #122 of 128
 And it's not just those, there's more contenders (FX500, B2, RE262, etc). The DDM1 has a much better price-to-performance ratio than the DDM2 but it's ergonomics dont' allow me to recommend them much. On sound alone it's also up there, specially the OEM version if it's available. 

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #123 of 128

Quote:
$215 where? Mine cost me $250 (after shipping), through accessoryjack, and the price is $248 (after shipping) over at musicacoustics.

Dimitri from MA has told me and other members who wrote reviews on Radius like Esantoh and ijokerl , W21 are priced at 200 plus Shipping via direct purchase on Paypal.
He got in trouble with Radius after  made the sale  open to public on his site. I have made comments on the forum few times about this offer but no one seemed to notice it.
anyways, why to order from accessorys? Isnt MA a better deal, even at 248? 2$ is money too
deadhorse.gif

girls and boys, support Japan instead of China shops, after earthquake/Tsunami things have not been easy over there and on top Yens are so expensive, country needs some investment from overseas..

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #124 of 128
I feel the same way as Inks. Considering a multitude of good IEMs available at $150 range, DDM2 for their SQ is a tad overpriced even at $215. I bought the DDM-1 OEM @ $110, which was a very good deal. DDM-2 in comparison should have been priced lower. But, when Radius sells @ $290 within Japan, I don't see why they would bother with lowering prices.

Quote:
anyways, why to order from accessorys? Isnt MA a better deal, even at 248? 2$ is money too

Not for the $2, but for the support we receive
wink.gif
. Even if MA charges a slight premium of $10/20, I'd be happy to pay for Dimitri's post sale support.

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #125 of 128
There is definitely issue with Radius pricing strategy when it comes to DDM2. It would have been in a much stronger place if it was priced around or under $200.

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #126 of 128
I loved my TWF21 from music accoustica, bought it on release a yr n a bit ago. But the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the plastic bodies feel kinda cheap, and my ones opened up so they weren't even glued  together well... Then about a fortnight after my 1 yr warranty from music accoustica expires my TWF21 simply stopped functioning properly for no good reason. The bass drivers on both ear sets had stopped producing sound! Only the treble drivers were working, which needless to say sounded horrible. Anyway I contacted the shop and they wouldn't replace it, said I had to pay to get it repaired, lol. even if it does sound awesome, i'm not repairing these, i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products... a 1 yr lifespan for iems that cost me $350 at the time is bs, *** end rant. I know evryone won't be as unlucky as me though :p

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #127 of 128
Quote:
 i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products

Good luck with that. Radius just slaps their logo on the cheapest of the cheap Chinese OEM stuff, they don't build/design anything themselves. I have some five pairs of different Radius IEMs, some of them were already broken new in box. None of them lasted longer than 6 months. I have yet to see a company/rebadger with worse quality control than Radius.

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #128 of 128
Quote:
I loved my TWF21 from music accoustica, bought it on release a yr n a bit ago. But the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the plastic bodies feel kinda cheap, and my ones opened up so they weren't even glued  together well... Then about a fortnight after my 1 yr warranty from music accoustica expires my TWF21 simply stopped functioning properly for no good reason. The bass drivers on both ear sets had stopped producing sound! Only the treble drivers were working, which needless to say sounded horrible. Anyway I contacted the shop and they wouldn't replace it, said I had to pay to get it repaired, lol. even if it does sound awesome, i'm not repairing these, i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products... a 1 yr lifespan for iems that cost me $350 at the time is bs, *** end rant. I know evryone won't be as unlucky as me though :p

You should try getting this repaired through Musica Acoustics if there is where you purchased yours.
I had mine fixed with them not long ago after warranty was over for 75USD
I was also told that current stock form Radius is perfectly fine and is now made to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back