radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready
May 1, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #106 of 128
Just ordered them from AccessoryJack for 260$ ,can't wait
smile.gif

May 1, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #107 of 128
Picture? Please? :)

Quote:
Here's a Rockbox patch that swaps the L/R channels on demand, much more elegant than some clumsy adapter cable workaround. :wink:

http://www.pastebin.ca/2049395

Left and right earbuds swapped, with the cable looped over the ears, they are perfectly comfortable for me. It's kind of sad that one still has to use workarounds for the awkward/silly design of the DDM2, but as long as they work...

Quote:
Fit is certainly an improvement over the TWA11 - I just popped the TWA21 in my ears, and they fit and sealed, no tweaking or experimenting.

Comfort is fine with the cables hanging down, but of course microphonics are unbearable that way, thanks to the shabby cloth-covered cable. Worn with the cable over the ears, their edges poke into my ears, which is slightly uncomfortable. Wearing the right and left earbud in the opposite ears is the best way to wear them, at least that's what I found so far. Now I just need a way to swap channels in Rockbox, or solder a short extension cable with the channels swapped... :p

May 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #111 of 128
just got my radius hp-twf21 from acessory jack. i'm very pleased with them. i never listened to the first version, but i like the second version a lot and plan to keep them. these have a very unique characteristic for an IEM: i don't think it's necessarily a much bigger soundstage than other IEM's i've tried, but something about the way the music is presented. i would call it high levels of layering and imaging. they do a great job of making sounds come from every direction, and they blend all the sounds/instruments together well, while maintaining good separation at the same time. however, these abilities are weakened at lower listening volumes. 

it's not as clean as a sound as i've heard, but i wasn't expecting such transparency. they're definitely not analytical, but they sound very smooth and of course the bass and separation are great. for some reason, almost every track sounds as if they playback speed has been reduced ~5%, even though it hasn't. i think it's just because they are so relaxing to listen to! probably also has to do with slower attack/decay times. i would probably prefer if the mids were a little less recessed, but it's not a deal-breaker.

May 16, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #112 of 128
dfkt, how do you use that patch? I though one will simply dl it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to that...

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #115 of 128
Just got mine in today. While I've never heard the original DDM's, the TWF21 certainly stands out from the rest of the top-tiers. To my surprise, the fit is quite comfortable, when forgetting how starnge their design appears to be, especially when worn. As is almost always the case, the stock tips just didn't cut it for me, but my HiFiMan bi-flanges do an exceptional job. There was certainly a learning curve, before I was able to settle on a comfortable fit, after which I can quite honestly say that I could wear these hours on end without any appreciable discomfort. Coming from the GR07, SM3, and EX1000 (the 3 which have occupied my ears as of late), I'll need a full day or two time before I'm able to settle on the signature; however, upon initial impression, I'm extremely pleased to find that the bass wasn't nearly as overpowering/overkill as I had imagined, after so much talk of it, and the midrange is far from recessed, which is exactly where my preference falls. I found it surprising, given that the TWF21 is most certainly a bass-heavy in-ear. Midrange bleed is nonexistent, which is again where my preference falls. It's much too early for me to say where they stand with respect to the rest of my in-ears, but I can quite honestly say this much: between the bass-heavy in-ears, these most certainly exceed the Monster top tiers for my ears (including my favorite of the 3, the MDT's), though I'm not willing to admit just yet whether or not the same holds true against the Atrio mg7. I'll know in a few days time; meanwhile, I can't say at all I'm dissapointed, but they haven't 'wowed' me yet either, as the recent GR07/RE262 & 272 had. Nevertheless, I'll dedicate the remainder of today, and much of tomorrow exclusively to the TWF21 to see it that's prone to change.
smile.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #116 of 128
I wish to say right off the bat that after one too many tracks, the TWF21 share an uncanny resemblance with the SM3 to my ears. The TWF21 has a slightly larger stage width, but not by a margin, whereas the SM3 seems to have better extention, detail, and clarity all around. The mids are slightly pushed back with the TWF21 in comparison to the SM3 (no surprise here), but the TWF21 is beginning to sound like a less refined version of the SM3, and given so, I don't see why I'd ever prefer the TWF21 over the SM3. Again, this is merely my opinion, but the two share more in common than not, especially with regards to their presentation. Nonetheless, it's much easier to pick up on smaller details with the SM3 than with the TWF21. The TWF21's lows carry greater impact (no surprises here either), but the SM3 is anything but lacking in that regard. Anyways, back to listening...
smile.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #117 of 128
They certainly don't 'wow' you at all. DDM-2 seemed to be a controlled and calmer version of DDM-1 in many ways. Many times, they would not impress me at the beginning of a listening session, but I ended up liking them after sometime. If only these isolated a bit and not cost as much...

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #118 of 128

Quote:
They certainly don't 'wow' you at all. DDM-2 seemed to be a controlled and calmer version of DDM-1 in many ways. Many times, they would not impress me at the beginning of a listening session, but I ended up liking them after sometime. If only these isolated a bit and not cost as much...

215$ is costing much for you? It is like 1/3 of the price they cost in japan today...
Both radius DDMs remain absolute best bunk for the buck IEMs on the market specially at such low cost of 215US

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #119 of 128
$215 where? Mine cost me $250 (after shipping), through accessoryjack, and the price is $248 (after shipping) over at musicacoustics.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #120 of 128
I think saying they're the biggest bang for the buck is way out of hand. I agree that they're overpriced, there's a reason why people pay way more attention to the GR07 and EX600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back